Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well how was Jefferson?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimbousman, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jimbousman

jimbousman

Weather was outstanding for once. Sorry I missed the show. Had good intentions but also had a chance to score a new motorcycle from Michigan instead. Had my list read but I guess it'll wait until spring.

Anybody score anything big?

2. Squablow

Squablow

I had a great day. An Appleton 112 spotlight and a curved glass SW Motor-Minder were my two big purchases, both destined for my '47 Olds and both dirt cheap.

Also found some good resale stuff and gave in to my old bicycle fetish and picked up another bike and some parts from another HAMBer, ate a big bar and hung out with a bunch of my friends.

Best Jefferson in a long time. Weather was great and I went home with exactly $1 left so I must have played it just right.

3. i bought all kinds of stuff. new globe for the gas pump some bolt cabinets some mopar collectibles and a few greeeezzy burgers. the best part was driving a friend there in the chrysler. i just had to show him how safely and efforlessly it is passing slower traffic when you have a blown hemi in your ride. the weather was perfect for a change.

4. i did good
    sold the roadster in the parking lot and walked around with a pocket full of cash
    bought a bunch too
    tk

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the weather was awesome

the chicks looked fabulous

Kent's Big Bars almost sold out of everything

Gary said it was the best fall show in 14 years

finally!

6. kply39

kply39
    from N.W. IL

Had a great time. Went up with my dad and we also brought my 12yr old nephew for his first time. He had a blast! He got a riding mower that will transformed into a go kart for cheap. I got some side mirrors and a wood steering wheel for my 54 chry and my dad bought a steering wheel and some odds and ends elec connectors. I had cash to buy more but coulndt find what I really needed. I told my nephew the nice weather was a fluke and not to ever expect it again! lol

7. Roupe

Roupe

Went saturday, weather was great, had a good time but didn't buy much. Does anyone have a picture they can post of the 1929 Duesenberg roadster that was parked in the hot rod show car area. Thought I might run it Jay Leno. Ha Ha! I have never seen a Duesenberg in person. I can see why Jay Leno goes nuts for Duesenbergs.

8. FINKSTR

FINKSTR

Best swap meet buy for me in years, I bought a gennie '32 Ford grille insert for $40 from an old guy that said it was from a '34 hot rod he built when he was younger. Also picked up a mint '28-'29 gas tank for $60 and a bunch of other things I needed. I did my part in consuming Big Bars too.

9. Roupe

Roupe

I think I saw you carrying the grille insert about mid morning saturday. I made a comment to a friend as you walked by.

10. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Dang! I had to miss it. It was a beautiful day in Wisconsin. Usually isn't like that for Fall Jefferson.
    Tom

11. Roupe

Roupe

I know the Jefferson swap is attended by quite a few HAMBERS. Anyone else have any comments or pics.

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I went back to enjoy the Duesenberg four times!

13. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

I vended all 3 days, mostly lower dollar stuff. Didn`t sell out but did real well. My buddy John sold his 69 Mustang project and was happy. Talked to many good friends and hambers. All in all a very good weekend.
    I came to sell and not buy and it worked out very well.
    Gene

14. x-shift

x-shift

Couldn't believe the weather! Saw a lot of new vendors on Friday, but knew I should have gone back Saturday to see late vendors roll in. Finally scored the air-con head for the car, a burger, and 700 wire ties. Can't wait for spring, but it will be snowing, of course...

15. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

My son and I spent 3 days at Jefferson, it was the first time there for us. It was incredible, the swap meets around here have no where near the quanity of cool car stuff that Jefferson has. My son got an NOS T5 s-10 transmission that he is gong to put behind his flattie, and I got a 2 carb edmonds intake for the flathead 6 in my 49 Plymouth. Plus we spend hour after hour oggling!

don't have a picture from Jefferson, but here is the same car in a different location:

Attached Files: