Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

LN7 those Pictures are great

2. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Meteors are based on the Ford platform from 1949-1960 and was higher up the food chain then a Ford, but just under a Mercury, Meteors often had more chrome then the Fords and ran Mercury engines, in 61 the Meteor was available as a low priced car in the US and Canada.

This car is a 1959 Meteor 2 door Ranch Wagon I saved from oblivion, I've been gathering the parts to convert it to a 2 door hard top wagon (because they never made a 59 Ford or Meteor 2 door hard top wagon) The grill is cast and has well over 100 small rectangles VS the punched Ford grill with it's stars.

The other Canadian variant in car we got was the Monarch which was based off of the Mercury from 1946-1961 and was higher on the food chain then the Mercury but was under the Lincoln. When the Monarch was re-released in the 70's and was available in the US it was changed from a luxury car to an economy car. (I own a really nice 61 Monarch 4 door hard top with a gold block 390 HO)

I can grab it for you if you want it, it's at a museum that is closing down and I think they want $60. Shipping would be the hard part dollar wise (me transporting it to a shipper is easy)

LOL, the first 6 of those are my back yard... all stuff I saved from the crusher.

I can post more of mine, I buy and sell a lot!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  3. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I gave a lady I work with a ride home her husband owns a local Junkyard not sure of the year but this Rambler wagon was sitting in front.Maybe I can get a week end tour and get some neat pictures to share .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Lpdesignz

Lpdesignz
    from Sin city

just found this saturday no clue what it is but looks hella Kool... It's a old school flat bed ..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Where is that ?In an empty lot?

6. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That appears to be a mid 20's GMC

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  7. I have the matching frame and differential to go with that Gray-Dort

8. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Awesome!

I have a 21 Gray-Dort rad and shell if needed, let me know if you want the engine I found ASAP before they scrap it.

9. No, no, no, I was hoping you would take the frame away from me! Haha
    It was just an extra piece to load up when I was cleaning out a old farm yard - didn't really want it, but i just can't bring myself to throwing any car parts away you know.

10. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

LOL, I know that feeling, what part of the big rectangle are you in?

11. jreeder41

jreeder41

I can grab it for you if you want it, it's at a museum that is closing down and I think they want $60. Shipping would be the hard part dollar wise (me transporting it to a shipper is easy)

Yeah I bet shipping would be a killer on that.........

12. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

... maybe this will make you feel better; I saved this one from the crusher; 36 Ford Pickup still has the LB Flathead in it.

Attached Files:

13. The Rambler wagon is about a '59. Looks like the '59 Rambler that our neighbors had when I was a kid.

14. I'm thinking it's a '61.
    But I'm certainly not a Kenosha Kadillax-pert:rolleyes:

15. bajones238

bajones238
    from SC

I'm totally with you on this. If I had more than a 3/4 acre yard, and didn't have a garage that's already full up, I'd be dragging some home with me.

I will gladly post locations and contact info for any of the yards I've photographed if anyone feels like trying to save some or all of the old iron in the pictures. Just post here or send me a PM.

16. scotts52

scotts52

Seems a shame to have that much of a car between the two of you and not save it all. Somebody step up and put together a Gray-Dort speedster.:)

17. onemintcaddy

onemintcaddy

Saved this old girl from a scrapper fella I know.
    How's that go,,,
    " Keep your fends close and your enemies closer" ?

Attached Files:

• 272.jpg
      272.jpg
      File size:
      495 KB
      Views:
    • 280.jpg
      280.jpg
      File size:
      516.1 KB
      Views:
  18. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Both of these are " sittting and rotting " on C L up here. One guy wants 1500 for a hood another wants 1500 for a Mercury .If I had the loot I would go for the Mercury:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

Why does your dumbass boss care if you buy cars off of him if you give atleast scrap price for them or shit even 10% over if he wants to be a dick about it. I personally would put up a sign that was very visable about 1/2-1/4 of a mile down the road in both directions from your work that says, "We buy old cars for more than scrap price" and then list phone number. Shit like this pisses me off!

MyCrustyVW likes this.

20. Eddie, this sure is a sweet Merc! ever since i wanted a mordoor,i was the only greaser that loved the suicide-mercs. but i learned to rule my buddies to love the sedans! now they're askin' me to look for them... times r changin. twenny years back they said, don't mess around with a car from the fordies cause there's not a perfomance engine in it. today they're askin' for the next test run of the straighty. they 're makin' a pow-how beyond my exhaust and can't await the clack of the stompin' starter.... big kids, like us.

Eddie, keep on, you're the leader of the junk section to most of us.

Cheers, pal! ;) Carsten

21. Lpdesignz

Lpdesignz
    from Sin city

Ya sort of.. It's private property to get back there but then open season.. If I could find the owner "if there is one" I'm sure they would say take it..

22. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Here is another one that I had in my yard rotting away, fortunately its going to be back on the road again.

Billy

Attached Files:

23. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

You meant to type "I'm sure they would say they're going to fix it up someday", right?

24. noboD

noboD

I was thinking the same thing. But maybe he works for his next door neighbor or father in law?

25. Lpdesignz

Lpdesignz
    from Sin city

Doubt it... Nothing else back there like it.. No old cars or collectors to be found any where near it... I'm pretty sure they would be happy to have it out of there... Should have asked the ranch people I was with back there... I have no where to put it or I would have Perseud the issue a little more.. Don't think my neighbors would get a kick out of it sitting in my front grass haha..

26. fts55

fts55
    from guthrie ok

Here in Oklahoma I know of a scrap yard/ grainery business that If they have a cool car come in they don't scrap them, they put them aside in a field and they are all for sale. The guys boss doesn't realize that if nothing else he would be money ahead selling classic cars whole and not shredding them into the newest shipment of raw materials bound for China. Wheeler Bros. in Thomas OK is the outfit that I speak of and support. Feel free to Google them and buy thier cars.

27. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Last one I shipped was more complete and a lot heavier and it was $275 to ship to Toronto from Alberta... there are cheaper methods and also the HAMB Relays.

That's funny, that is the same thing I thought, my dad and my neighbour also said that to me as well! :D

28. 46stude

46stude

Scrap yards deal in volume. The more weight, the better. So if they sell all the "keeper" cars, they lose volume, which translates to less money. Tough part of life, but heck- my dad & grandfather said they chopped up at least 20 '57s like that back in the early '70s for stock cars. One mans junk......

29. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

If I had a pile of loot to shove in his face I'm sure it may be a little different but I do say " hey I will pay you for this or that " shit I have only gotten the 41 Plymouth out of the yard and home.They act like I'm taking car after car out the back gate.I have two kids so money is not falling out of my pockets.on another note I have been talking to a guy around the corner. He has over 30 "Classics" and asked if I want to work this winter ! He said he is building 3 cars for folks right now. A 53 chevy belair, 57 2 door post,and a 41 ford pick up! Damn right around the corner from me this whole time ..It's going to be a great winter

30. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Thanks Carsten. I wish I could get it. :(Right now my price range is if its free it's for me.And thanks for the thumbs up too.:D