Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ayala-Barris Jack Stewart 1941 Ford RESTORATION has started.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Aug 31, 2010.

1. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

red x's..really? anybody else with the same problem. i see all the pictures!

please let me know!
    -palle

2. Pictures look GREAT here in Downey........THANKS!!!

3. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

thanks Craig..say hello to Jack!
    see you soon!
    -palle

4. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

pictures do look good in Downey!?..so do the two gentlemens here!
    i am glad you guys like it!

Thanks Craig!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

wheres my friend Paul Bragg when i need him!?..well then we had to do it ourself.

the body will be prepaired for some photoshooting this coming weekend. so the S552's and lights will be mounted on the car!
    i have been looking forward to take these photos since 2010..this will be a great weekend!
    also we dont have that much time, its getting cold and rainy, so its hard to keep the rust of the body!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stay tuned
    -palle

6. Awesome, awesome, awesome! This is exciting Palle!! By-the-way, who plated your bumper...? :rolleyes: :D

-Dave

7. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

Shit it,s looking so good and cool in bare metal and lead

8. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

Hi Dave...ha ha. i almost wanted to take the picture off the thread when i saw that, but this is just a small trick i have to use, cause i never had those damn bumbers send to rechroming in time!
    photoshop..and Rik.. is my friend!
    -palle

9. RPL

RPL

Great craftsmanship! Use WD40 or contact Troy Trepanier at RadRides. He or Jack have a product that they say works really well on bare metal to keep down rust and doesn't get in the way of painting.

10. These pic's make you wonder what many other old Customs look like under the skin. Looks like lots of lead work there....
    Sure would like to have seen what was underneath the Hirohata.

11. 55bird

55bird
    from Spokane WA

This is beautiful. Labor of love.

12. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

[​IMG]

I just LOVE THOSE SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B:DB

13. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

You mentioned your concern about the bare metal rusting ... check out the HAMB for a thread on Gibbs Brand (seach function for Gibbs Brand) lubricant/penetrating oil/corrosion inhibitor. Guys on the thread claim that it's the business for preserving bare metal on their projects.

No one on the Left Coast seems to stock it, so I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

A tip of the cap for your excellent work on this car and your progress reports.

14. Winner! Great stuff.

15. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Wow! great work Palle! looks so cool in bare metal, sitting right, and with the perfect tires and caps! Excellent!!

16. sled

sled

Looks like the trad customs small community is doing REALLY well lately...hope will be an inspiration for many more guys willing to build such stilish stuff...at list i know in Scandinavia the movement is already huge and growing...
    Palle,keep it up...amazing shots

17. It is nice to see a real stance........ I love it.Car looks so good and the photos are just perfect at least to me.

18. I love the way this engine is looking.I wish my Edmunds manifold would of went on that Flathead.

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Looking fantastic Palle!!

20. Der er lidt X i det her indlæg:D
    Lars

21. Great job Palle! I was talking with Kurt McKormick a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned this car. He knew it came over to you but isn't on the HAMB, so wasn't up on all the research and work you have done. It's interesting that so many of the classic customs we admire have workmanship in them that fall short of today's level of execution. Many of Kurt's restorations have involved bringing some of the original work under the skin up to par just as you have done here. Great job redoing this car and making it all it should be....it could not be in better hands!

22. williebill

williebill

I am speechless looking at this car and the work you've done to it... Awesome job,guys. Thanks for posting all the pics and showing us your work. Love that car,and the history behind it.

23. Almorenoldo

Almorenoldo

Palle

you make me proud to be Danish !
    Your job on the car is serious, respectful and god damn beautiful !
    I could not imagine this car finding a better home than your garage.

Allan, Killerbobbers
    Copenhagen

24. Gearhead-DK

Gearhead-DK

I second Almo's statement!

You are most definately spearheading the danish custom scene and bringing back this awesome piece of history is inspiring, to say the least. Makes me feel like a restorer, instead of a builder.... in a good way ;)

Thanks so much for sharing and keep the beers cool! I will pick up Lörs and get over to your house soon!!!

25. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

thanks for all the kind words. i have to admit that i have got the spirit back after seeing the car ready for the photos in bare metall.
    i have really been waiting for this..

heres a little teaser from today! i know a guy, that has all these flashlight, and he had no problem letting me borrow them for the weekend.

have a nice weekend
    -palle

[​IMG]

26. williebill

williebill

Look at that pic.... damn...beautiful piece of art

27. 51wagon

51wagon
    from northwoods

Palle/Rik

Some images make a guy's heart skip a beat. This one does it for me.

Thank you.

28. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

This is art, at its Best

Really looking forward to see the pictures, Palle

29. williebill

williebill

Make that last pic into a poster,and I'll buy a couple. I keep coming back to this thread. Saw the car a few years ago,but appreciate it more now. Bet you could sell several copies of that bare metal side shot.

30. texastramp

texastramp

I haven't had as much time as I would like to keep updated on this restoration but it looks like I checked back in at an opportune time. Thanks much RIK for putting in these little extra kicks on the photo updates. Man this is getting exciting!!!