Register now to get rid of these ads!

NorCal Help Needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddylove, Sep 28, 2012.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What you do with you money is your business, but I have no intention of taking any of it. I have all I need. I want for nothing.

You may pay me with happy motoring.

We're working on a place now.

2. delco666

delco666

you've got another volunteer here in sacramento! ive also got a fully outfitted shop if necessary.

3. 52pig

52pig

Get 'er done Gimps, the closer the better, but hey what ever we can get right? Like I said, I'm in it to get your truck on the road. Maybe a couple beers;)

4. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Yep! I have everything and if there is something needed we have a great parts place in Alameda called Lee Auto Supply.

Thanks!

5. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

That's close and works for me -- do you work there?

Thanks,
    Joe

6. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

You're an amazing man, gimpy. I really appreciate your efforts and those others as well who have contacted me offering help.

I will be getting the truck tomorrow or the next day so hopefully we'll have an idea where it will be towed.

Thanks!

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

I don't, but they have done work for me and friends.

8. 1948stude

1948stude

If I can get away the weekend or day you do this my two hands are ready to turn wrenches or drive as a gopher - wish I had a shop to offer but do not... please let me know when this is happening....

9. TMunster

TMunster
    from Las Vegas

Looking forward to the pics, wish I lived closer!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. Hefty50

Hefty50
    from California

This is AWESOME watching you guys band together to help. Reading about the cancer hit home for me and I had to read on. Wish I could lend a hand.

11. 52pig

52pig

So where we doing this? Bump for any one who might see this on a beautiful Monday morning in the Bay Area.

12. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

My buddy has ok'd using his place. It's a house with a long paved driveway, plenty of electrical outlets and access to an air compressor. It's located in Alameda.

When would be a good time for us all to meet up and do this?

I will be taking plenty of video and photos for posting here and on my website.

Thanks again,
    Joe

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  13. rtp

rtp

You Guys Rock!!!! I want to be on this team But I am in north carolina so I will just cheer you all on. I will be waiting for the pictures and video.
    rtp

14. mlagusis

mlagusis

I am game for helping out too. I work in Concord and can get to Alameda by 3:30pm M-F. Let's set a time to get this started.

15. 52pig

52pig

I'd say Saturday for me, I work all week long here in San Francisco so getting over to Alameda is kind of hectic until then.

But hey, do what you gotta do to get it done. If I can't make it I'm sure you'll have plenty of capable hands there in my place.

Glad to hear you found a space, a lot of good people around.

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anytime on the weekend will work for me. Evenings are possible, but we're swamped in the shop, and I don't want to pass-out on y'all.

17. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

It seems like Saturday works best for most everyone. Works for me, gives me time to get the truck to where it needs to be and to order food and beverages. Any preferences?

Thanks!
    Joe

18. 52pig

52pig

Drakes, is that correct? East Bay brew. That's all I need, of course after work is done;)

19. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Anyone?

20. the lights

the lights

That works for me, about what time?

21. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

It's these kinds of threads that restores a person's faith in humanity. Great job, guys. Wish I lived nearby, I would love to pitch in.

You are all to be commended. :)

Don

22. 52pig

52pig

I supply my own water. As for eating, I'm sure you fellas out there know better than I on what is good and inexpensive on the island.

Oh, and did I mention Drakes beer?^^

23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Man...you guys are O.K.! You act like Americans. Wish I could be there with you...

24. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Hi,

I'm just waiting to hear back from gimpy and oldwagonlover with the details. We had two different crews getting set up and I asked those guys to coordinate. Once time and location are totally confirmed, we'll let everyone know. I'm hoping we will know by this evening.

More than likely, we'll have roasted chicken, assorted deli sammiches, soda and beer.

Thanks!

25. chevyburb

chevyburb

It sounds like you have the labor end of things covered, but, if not, let me know

26. LFS11

LFS11

Me too I'm in if I can help. Sat is no problem. 52pig or gimpy, whoever is running point shall we get a head count to make sure we don't have to many or to little people?

Bigd not to worry we can figure out food drinks when we get there.

27. 52pig

52pig

All I know is that I am going to be there on Saturday, probably too early. I'm just waiting for the final word from the man him self or Oldwagonlover.

I know Gimpys down, and I think a couple others. All hands are helpful as long as they're not reaching for my beer.

28. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Btt

Much respect.

29. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Info updated.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  30. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

What was the name of the beer again? Was it Burgie...? JK, there will be Drakes there!