Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Showdown Drags Thanks or the Bridesmaid is O.K.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Sep 30, 2012.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the Rodders Journal show was not going to blow us completely out this weekend...or the rain. I'm now happy to say it didn't happen on either count! Steve, Curt & everyone involved really were good to us on their end & I appreciate the consideration. Other than the secret show guy code of "dont step on someone elses date", they owed me nothing & did what they could to make it right in the end. But I have to say I was thrilled at our biggest turnout ever! 12 front engine dragsters, 5 or 6 Lyndwood dragster, East Coast Gassers running their program, Don Moyer & the Slick Devils making the trip from Cleveland & have supported us from day one and finally a BUNCH of great hot rods & race cars I've never seen before!! Kim & I cant thank you guys enough for supporting the little guy show this weekend, but we always knew the real drag racers will ALWAYS show up to race first before anything else!! We really tried to keep the program moving with plenty of time shots mixed in all day long. I dont think anybody had too much down time. I hope to work out the same weekend for next year, so it will be before Carlisle. I'll let you know as soon as it is firmed up. You guys are the best!!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
  2. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Larry...You do a great job w/ this show...We have enjoyed each trip !....I would have tagged along w/ one of the Slick Devils, Don did try to talk me into it...but spent the entire weekend welding on the new toy I hope to bring out soon to play on the DragStrip..........By the pics ....some killer stuff showed up to make some noise for ya............Littleman

3. scarylarry

scarylarry

Dave, we'd love to see you back out again. Finally getting this deal dialed in!

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

It was a GREAT day at the drags, with a dozen or more front engined dragsters and all sorts of other iron.
    If you have been to other so-called "Old time drags" like Englishtown, this was a totally different and infinitely better planet!
    Don't even consider being anywhere else next year!

5. It was a blast, had a great time and it was a great show. I drove 160 miles each way (130 miles past Pimlico) to attend and I'm glad I did, I will be back next year for sure.

6. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Larry..... Great time and well worth the 4 1/2 hr haul!!!!

We sat in the rain last year so tech this was our second Showdown but was our first time ever down Beaver Bobs track......

We had to pull some power out of the engine so we could hook it up after our first 2 failed attempts at getting off the starting line.......Hope we put on a good show for you on the last 2 passes clicking it off in the 7.50's on the 1/4

Also got to assist our great friends with the "Little Honker" thrash on fixing the motor like it was the last round of the world finals!!!

Got to see old friends and make new
    Again great event,Great people and to anyone who is thinking of going next year,put it on your list cause you won't be disappointed!!

Thanks again Larry to you,your crew and Beaver Bob

Tony

7. ^^^^ Your dragster is bad ass :cool:

8. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

Larry, It was great!! Thank you

9. Verminator

Verminator

This is always our favorite race of the season. Always a blast to thrash the crap out of the car at the Beaver. Might have gone a few more rounds if I could have held back on the massive burnouts !!! Kim drove her first pass down the quarter in the Verminator at the end of the day -much to my horror> Waving to all the fans instead of watching the lights and the track -- -what a riot !!!!

Larry, Kim and crew -- THANKS AGAIN for another great event !!!

10. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Damn,I gotta put this on the schedule next year.
    Same time/date?

11. Larry- It was the best time yet. Thanks for organizing and keeping some of the best events on the east coast alive and runnin.. I will be calling you here this week.

We had a tough go of it with the LITTLE HONKER- bogged the engine first run, went back to find out that we had hung up an exhaust valve and some other valve train problems. Tore the bitch down to one head and fixed it in the dirt with quickness and a little ingenuity- all thanks to GOATROPER and his help. NEVER GIVE UP!

Tony- had a great time with ya bud, We couldnt get this far with all the exploding oldsmobile parts without ya. You and your old man be good, we will be seein you in the future.

Hope the second run where the tires smoked looked as good as i thought to all the spectators. Now time to tear it all apart and get it seriously ready for NITRO!

T. Hilton

12. Best damn show that I go to.....

Period.

And for everyone that leaves before the sun sets.

you didn't see (participate in) the whole show....

Thanks again for everyone that comes to this event, everyone on Beaver Bob's staff, and Kim and Larry!

13. Thanks Larry and Bob...

We had the truck torn apart since last november, got it back on the road last Thursday just to beat it down the track. See you all in the spring.....

14. fedsrule

fedsrule

Great day, thanks Larry.
    The Snooky's Vintage Originals gang will be back next year with our little FED.
    We ran our best et and mph yet 10.24 @ 129 with an injected 283.
    Had a blast.
    Scott

15. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Thanks Larry! The Show was a blast! We'll be back next year for sure!

16. scarylarry

scarylarry

Spoke with Bob & it looks like next years date will be Sept. 28th 2013, same week as this years, week before Carlisle.

17. Marked on the Calendar!

18. The outcome just proves that there is always room for two quality shows the same weekend. HRP

19. scarylarry

scarylarry

I've already been assured TRJ Revival will NOT be the same weekend again. Spoke with TRJ guys yesterday & we are good all the way around.

20. Calendar is marked !!!!!!! :D

21. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Had a KILLER time

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

22. Brog

Brog

This event was awesome. The first drag race I've ever been too. I would of skipped the Rodder's Journal show again if I had too, anyday. It was nice seeing these cars in action, rather than sitting like any other show, cause in the end driving is what it's all about. Big thanks

23. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

All three of Scarylarry's shows are mandatory! All of them involve crazy people trying to break their cars and/or kill themselves, too! I think he has hit on something there...

24. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Humble apologizes missing The Drags. All day long I said to Sherri, I hope they fix the schedule next year. Glad you guys had a great turn out.
    Slim

25. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Thanks Paulie!

Tony

26. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

It was an AWSOME event!!!!! Best one so far Larry. Thanks for all you do to make this event happen.

27. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

had a blast !!!!! thanks so much Larry, Kim and beaver bob for holding such an amazing event , thanks so much for letting me take photos i have some killer shots i'm still going threw . talk about an action packed weekend . Sorry don that i did not stay for the bike races or rubber band war my body was telling me it was time to shut down :/
    next year i will be camping out again and we will have a grudge match

28. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

As usual, my friend, another outstanding effort by you, Kim, and Beaver Bob. Brought along a long time friend, who runs NHRA Stock Eliminator, we go to 3-4 "Vintage" Drag Shows a year together. He hit it right on the head, just like Latimore Valley, in addition to the Racer support you get, and the spectators, it's the venue. When we attend other "Old Time Drags" they're at a facility thats set up with 50 row high aluminum grandstands, corporate signage, jersey barriers, etc. so you don't get the same "feel" as the Beaver. Really old timey, and really great. Now, if Bob could just get the leaves to change a little more as you're looking from the Starting Line toward the Top End, on the Mountain in the background, we'd be all set!

29. scarylarry

scarylarry

Cracked me up, thanks Bruce. The Invitational was a one time deal BUT at the risk of getting beat up around here, we are doing an air cooled show at Latimore next summer!
    http://www.vdubbash.com/ Guy with the local VW club did the website.
    My gloves are on...come at me bitch!!

30. ^^^^ I love it and I'll be there, I dig the old air cooled bugs. :D