Register now to get rid of these ads!

hurst racing tyres

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwi32rodder, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haha !!!! thats good ! :D

2. D.W. I'm with you !

3. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Well, I have one buddy with them but they have mostly sat for years because he has had issues and life come up and put his car on the back burner. That being said they are holding up and seemed pretty good. Another guy I talked to had a ton of miles on his and was going to get a second pair. That is all I got on the subject.

At first I was not a fan of the look but they are growing on me. I am thinking of getting the blackwall versions for the rear of my Dodge.

4. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

you're right, what happened with this company is "really sad".

5. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I guess your "buddy" is lucky that Cody even offered to help in the first place considering that Hurst racing tires are sold on a "as is" basis.

6. I feel for you Paul. When things don't turn out the way we feel they should it is beyond annoying!
    I can't comment on the quality or business practices of the company, but I did have an experience with a different brand requiring an enormous amount of weight.. I know you're no newby to this, but my experience might help someone out there. When we tried to balance my tires and wheels the fellow doing the work was set to slam huge amounts of lead on the rim. The owner of the shop spotted this and came over to suggest de-beading and rotating the tire on the rim before balancing again. After doing this a few times and even swapping tires and rims around in one case we got everything down to a few ounces including one wheel which needed nothing! Turns out it was more than just a tire issue, but an issue with the rims as well. Both bad spots were initially lined up to maximize the issue before experience kicked in to save the day (wheels).

Good luck with your endeavour.
    Dave

7. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

That's the first thing they teach in tire balancing class nowadays. It's even shows right on the screen in computerized balancers how to equalize the rim and tire before you balance them together.

8. Ohh, computerized balancers.. :eek:;)

-Dave

9. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

thanks for comments Dave, but all that was tried as well. I guess it's just a crapshoot.

10. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

hey,D.W. started it saying we dont know what we are doing so.... and these arent old threads, and not being good on the computer isnt a lame excuse ROB, man, every one is kissing codys a$$ on here but he wont stand behind these tires. i bet you wouldnt be too happy after spending almost $700 for TWO tires. he was the one that got nasty on the phone first to by saying he wasnt going to give my friend his FN money back, real classy for a business owner

11. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

my friend is 67 years, old and the nicest guy you could meet and super easy going, and for cody to get like that on the phone, that is way out of line, i had a hot rod shop for 15 years, and if a customer had a complaint, i would fix it for him, even if it cost me money.

12. this is a pissing match, see ya !

whine whine whine !

checking out on this thread.... hmm, Zep your post count is now almost double way to go ! :p

13. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Cody & his father are very nice people

14. TheDozer

TheDozer

These things tend to work themselves out, in the end. If they have poor business practices, products-they won't be around long.
    It's a shame Cody didn't at least pro rate the tires for your buddy, but, if it's indeed "as is", sorry, but you are SOL.
    I wouldn't let people on either side get to me. I remember when another comp started to go down the tube-many stepped up to defend said comp and act like a-holes. Then, said comp, got much worse, now, those people that were acting like a-holes, defending said comp to the death, look like D-bags.
    BUT that goes the other way to. If you act like an a-hole to other peoples opinion, it's going to get worse before it gets better.
    Hopefully, Cody steps up to tell his side as well.

15. I have run Hursts and recommend them. Put many miles on the set I had on two different cars.

And zeph should search about DWs car, I would say it gets driven, sometimes in anger

16. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

With all of the effort to drag me under, how about a simple picture of the damage to the bead of the tire.

Thank You
    Cody Adams
    HURST

17. Actually I wasn't kissing cody's ass at all and I am part of everyone, so maybe you should back up and regroup here. I will admit that I have a lot of faults, some of them are extreme enough that even my friends won't come around if I ma not having a good day, I own 'em and that is a fact, being a kiss ass is not one of them.

18. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

This really is getting old.

I in fact sent a PM to Cody a few minutes ago, if I hear from him fine, if I don't fine.

You guys that have issues with him should do the same.

If you look at it honestly, he has at least an 8 to 2 pro vs. negative rep...his rep might be even higher than that.

I don't think he is "the other guy that ripped people off on purpose with a hot rod shop" and he has many fans and friends on the HAMB.

The original intent of this thread appears to be a warning to others, and other people defended him...let the market sort it out and move on.

I am guilty of not being perfect and so on, but these threads are very predictable now IMHO.

Even with my somewhat negative view point he has more positive feedback than negative and that has weight no matter how much of a squeaky wheel someone tries to be...that is the facts jack.

Just trying to be realistic...and it is amazing how this just keeps snowballing in a way that is leading to pretty much beating a dead horse.

19. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

I have run Hurst tires and love them. Cody is a great guy to deal with and thier shop is killer...the smell of rubber melting, drag cars, bikes and cool cars in the parking lot. I wanted to move in. 9 to 2

20. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I have responded to cody on the new thread, and have simply stated the facts as they occured and how the situation was handled on their end. The remedy for the problem should and could have been a simple one. First, you have to acknowledge and admit there may be a problem with your product and address accordingly. Cody just seemed to want to blame others and ignore the problem instead of facing it. As I stated before, nobody's product is 100% perfect 100% of the time. Have to be willing to admit that to yourself first, then proceed in a professional manner.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  21. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

22. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

The only patience shown was in avoiding taking any responsibility and in passing blame onto others. First, it was bad wheels we had. Mounted on new ones and same problem! Next, it was the balancing method being used( high speed and static), so we try Cody's method(direct wheel pattern) and required more weight. Call back, and now it's nobody in Michigan knows how to mount, balance or dismount a tire. Then, don't bother returning, because the bead on one tire is no longer perfect. DO YOU SEE A PATTERN HERE? ANYBODY? Are you kidding? This is patience and working with a customer? This is simply a lack of taking responsibility for your product and standing behind it, and not making excuses for it!

23. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Almost forgot, the last thing we were told to do was to just take off all the weights and just run'em. Tried that too and I'm sure you know what that outcome was. Yep, vibrated your teeth! We did everything that was told and asked of us. Right at the onset of problems, Cody should have said there was an obvious prob. and just send'em back and we'll send out some new ones. Simple! Would have had a repeat customer and a handfull of new ones.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  24. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

We now have $700 worth of useless garage art to hang on the wall.

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

OK... I think this one has been beat to death. In conclusion, we have two sides with legitimate beef. I think everyone can come to their own conclusions from here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.