Register now to get rid of these ads!

My all-time favorite #1 car is here! (slight warning: not 100% hot rod!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CRH, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shovelheadjim

shovelheadjim

Nice ride, makes me miss my "66" Lemans. Gotta love those mid sixty Pontiacs.

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Believe it or not, that's the second set of tires. Dad had already boiled off the OE red lines.

3. Nice '60 Poncho!

4. scrubba

scrubba

First off, what is supposed to be "SO WRONG WITH STEELS AN EL-CHEAPO CAPS " ? Huh, please some one tell me cause I run a 78 Ford F-100 as it was built with just that on the street . Every time I see a restored car any more it has to have ever damned GEE- GAW ever offered on it . Looks like S---- to me .

This car is a G T O anyone who has a modicum of COMMON SENSE might want to enjoy ................!!!!!!!!!!!!! scrubba

5. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I was being sarcastic. Century is a Buick model, not a '54 Bel Air.

6. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I thought you were teasing...but then I doubted and I blew it! Crap that was way funny! :eek:

Ok, just one more picture...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  7. hasty

hasty

Great find - congratulations

8. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

So check out these extra parts it came with... I don't know much about the Mallory Magneto, but it does appear old. I believe it was on the original WT 389 which must have had a crank failure because I only got 5 piston assemblies and no crank with the original block! (And one of the pistons is busted with the con rod bolts sheared!)

Anyway, here's some pictures of traditional hot rod parts that came with the GTO:

[​IMG]

Here's the cap, cool looking.

[​IMG]

Here's a Rotunda tachometer that came in the parts box. I believe these were made for early '60s Fords?? Maybe dealer installed?? Or maybe simply aftermarket.

[​IMG]

And this below picture shows the cool Dixco tach that will be removed from the GTO dash. I would imagine late '60s model???

[​IMG]

And here is a cool little gauge cluster with gauges that I know nothing about. All I see is "Made in USA" on them.

[​IMG]

9. The Rotunda tach is exclusively Ford so it's kinda sacrilegious and don't belong in a Poncho. But don't fret, I sure some Muscrat fan or Ford nut will pay you a premium for it! :D

10. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Who styled the 64,5,6 lemans/ tempest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.