Register now to get rid of these ads!

Towel City Retreading Co.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JT Apperson, Sep 30, 2012.

1. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Looking to purchase a pair of 8'' cheater slicks. Does anyone know anything about Towel City Retreading in Kannapolis, NC.
    Thanks JT

2. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

There was a thread on this a year or so back. I believe it was a good company to work with.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  3. Been around since forever.

4. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

Did business with them many years ago, they were great then but it's been a long time.

5. used to run their stock ca retreads in street stock and they sure worked, nice compounds:D

6. tpahemi

tpahemi

I have 2 sets of recap slicks. Very satisfied. Talk to the father,true southern gentleman.

7. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

^^^^^^ What he said!!!

Tony

8. I ran their racing recaps too on a pavement street stock. I bought from them from a local distributor and anything I wanted I'd have it in a week.

Bob

9. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

You have a phone number on them? Are their prices good? Website?

10. shovelheadjim

shovelheadjim

towelcityracingtires.com

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

here is my testimony.

I ordered some 9 inch pie crust slicks with sticky compound for a 12 second car.

Daniel said I should just mail a check and they will get the tires made up and shipped.

A couple days later, a guy comes along and wants to buy the car.

I emailed Daniel and explained the situation. I was cool with buying the tires, but would not need them if the car sold.

He agreed to tear up my check and keep the tires as inventory if the car was sold.

now THAT is awesome customer service!

12. bdotson

bdotson
    from texas

I called them up ordered the tires they were made and shipped. Price was good and service was great. The tires were as expected or better they ride great drive em everyday. MADE IN USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. RUSTFLAVORED

RUSTFLAVORED

I'm running a set of their piecrust slicks on my 29 pickup. Very good people to deal with and the prices are excellent. I bought a pair about 6 mos. ago and am very happy

14. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

Dont buy the whitewalls! They turn brown..

15. JT Apperson

JT Apperson
    from va

Thanks for all the replies. I'll be in the charlotte, nc area later this year and will check them out. Thanks JT

16. aerorocket

aerorocket
    from N.E. P.A.

I've got them on my Willys, no complaints although I haven't run them alot. Very good people to deal with.

17. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

NOW that is the type of service we should get from all companies. Won't get that from Hurst. I'm impressed! Think this is way we're gonna go.

18. 30panel

30panel

Been waiting all week for ups truck to deliver a set. They arrive today, just in the process of mounting on my rims, they look great and they are white walls.
    Good people to deal with, I wanted an extra wide white for the rear, kind of a special request but Herb said I'll do that, no mention of a extra charge.
    Very Pleased, On time Good people to deal with.
    "Thanks Towel City"
    Mike