Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beaver Springs Showdown Drags pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeatnikPirate, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. cool pics!! my buddy caught the tail end of the crash when he started to flip and roll on video. scary stuff! other then that i had an amazing time and met some great people! im glad i made the trip from canada and WILL be back next year

3. This one, he spun around into the grass then back onto the track and then rolled over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Very nice guy and he's definitely a drivin' SOB. That car is very cool and runs it's ass off.

5. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Here's what the coupe looked like before the unfortunate accident. The crash was really horrifying to see and I'm just so glad the driver is ok.

Attached Files:

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you for the information. Very scary scene. Glad that the driver is okay.

7. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

This was the single greatest hot rod event I have ever been to. I brought my dad and my uncle with me. I took my dad down the track in my model a. It was the first time we have ever done anything like this. I then gave the keys to my uncle so he could drive it. Everything went perfectly. Exactly how I imagined it should be. I have waited my whole life to do something like this. Cross a big one off the buck list. Thanks to everyone who helped make this event possible. Thank you thank you thank you

8. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Congratulations on your 12.7 e.t., Dude! New personal best?

9. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

Peter- I was close. I've been 12.68. But I honestly didn't care. This event was just too much fun.

10. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's always a good time at Beaver Springs

11. Brog

Brog

This was the first time I ever been to a drag race, man it was awesome.

12. fleetside66

fleetside66

That's the way it was in the 60's & earlier. I've forgotten how much fun that was. What a wonderful event...great cars, great weather, great food, inexpensive, well organized, well paced, & most of all, great people.

13. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

thanks for posting photos and it was nice seeing you and everyone else again , this event is awesome the feeling of it is something people just need to come out and experience themselves great cars and great atmosphere and of course great racing !

14. edweird

edweird

damn what a great pic!

15. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

Great time. Thanks to Larry and Bob

16. tgabbe1934

tgabbe1934
    from smithtown

Awesome,Great pics, Another great show! It was great to make some new friends and see some familiar faces. Thanks to Scary Larry for putting on a great show. See you all next year!

17. Brog

Brog

Oh and the "Tijuana Taxi" was THE SHIT!

Man that was a cool car

18. born2late

born2late

I loved the taxi too. Best use of a 53 i have seen. Love guys that cut up rare cars and drag race the hell outta them.

19. That was a drag car in the 50's. It was the eliminator champion in 61. It beat the other gassers than the winning dragster enough times to win the championship that year......
    For sure my favorite car at the track, just amazing....

20. The sixth was great! Got to take my daughter and some friends down the track! How cool is that....We had the flash light drags at night, then the rubber band war with a full moon was crazy....Sorry Hotrod Ed!:cool:

21. Dawn

Dawn

Here is the video of Tim Dugan's unfortunate crash in his 1930 Ford.

22. Dawn

Dawn

Steve Crook took his girlfriend (and back up girl), Pam, for ride in his wicked AA/GS Blew By You '56 Chevy. Best run for a door car of the weekend!

23. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

24. Dawn

Dawn

Time trial action: Don Moyer VS John LaBuda

25. thanks for the video post Dawn...

Rick
    --------------------------------------