Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 1938-1939 Ford Truck Club!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squigy, May 12, 2010.

1. billcox@kgbc.org

[email protected]
    from Sacramento

Did you get a tailgate? I have one if your still looking.

2. 1930FordCoupe

1930FordCoupe
    from The LBC

I don't have a rear bumper at this time, although I plan on buying a used one this Friday. I think there are two different style brackets for the tail light/license plate frame. I have the type that are offset and are suppose to work better with a bumper. I'll let you know how it works out.

3. billcox@kgbc.org

[email protected]
    from Sacramento

does anybody have a picture of a 1938 ford pickup with the original hubcaps

4. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr

I'll join in here....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Looks like a lot of work in front of you. Have any plans?<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_7939831", true); </SCRIPT>

6. drppdyllwrngr

drppdyllwrngr

currently has a BBF, mustang II designed front susp, suicide doors....kinda going towards a pro touring/pro street look. have a few body mods (lower doors, etc) in mind as well. my father and i started it in the late 90s. he past in 99. It's been sitting in my mom's garage since, other than a year trip to wyoming while i was enrolled at wyotech. there, i build the body line for the ext cab, the tops of the door jambs, lowered the back of the cab a little more, and lowered the roof over the back window some more. currently sits with basically a 4" chop, 3" channel, and 12" extension. I recently bought my own house with a garage, so it made the trip to coastal NC where i can start workin on it. I do upholstery for a living, and learned sheet metal and auto body at Tech. I'll post updates as they happen. trying right now to find the rest of the missing parts. have pretty much everything. main things i'm looking for is the mechanism for the windshield, possibly a new windshield frame, the chrome that should be down the center of the hood, and a few other odds and ends.

7. don't have a photo available, but '38 pickup used same caps as '38 Standard cars. There is no circle around the V8 logo, the V8 logo is long and narrow, extends almost all the way across the stainless part of the cap. '39 Standard and pickup cap is similar, but the V8 emblem is shorter and wider, does not extend all the way across the stainless part. V8 emblem is filled in with black paint on '38, blue on '39.

8. UPDATE:
    Finished lettering my side boards. They are based on Jot Horne's he had on his shop truck. My friend CW's40tpu,has them on his Pick-up.
    I wanted to keep a Bonneville theme...
    [​IMG]

Got my '38 plates,from oldpl8s,here on the HAMB,and put a push board on the front,like in the photo from the 60's of my truck at Bonneville...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  9. I picked up some '38 caps. I'll go take a pic....give me a minute.
    There was a guy in Seal Beach who had 50-60 of them. $75 for 5!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  10. Here's JustplainJ's '34 Coupe,that he is driving to Bonneville with me this year!!! Little more than a month to go....Plenty of room for bikes,sleeping bags,chairs,and an EZup in the back of the truck. 652 miles from my house,754 from Jim's house.

[​IMG]

11. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Looking good Bob.

[​IMG]

Looking good Bob. Like the gas can........

12. 1930FordCoupe

1930FordCoupe
    from The LBC

Sorry it took so long, but here is a picture of mine. I have four originals (one is beat to hell) and I just got the spare tire hub cap.

Attached Files:

13. 1930FordCoupe

1930FordCoupe
    from The LBC

Do you still have the 39 tailgate? if so, how much do you want for it?

14. bryna

bryna
    from Iowa

I have a 1939 I did in high school and I'm currently putting the parts together to rod it... so far I bought a 73 Maverick for the 302, C4, and 8 inch rear end.

I'm looking for another 38 or 39 for a donor truck for parts...

15. Those are '39 Standard and pickup caps in the photo.

16. 1930FordCoupe

1930FordCoupe
    from The LBC

There is a one ton 39 pickup on ebay. Its a parts truck, but mostly all there.

17. Paul123

Paul123

I see there hasn't been much on the '38-'39 Ford truck club of late. I am in. Need one part to finish my four year build. That part is the metal strip that holds the rear felt piece in the driver's door. I think its called a window run. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Paul

18. unkamort

unkamort

Think I got mine from Dennis Carpenter, but they came in a different manufactures box. I'll take a look next time I'm down there for ya.

19. Demono

Demono

Just picked up a '38. Your tetanus shot should be current to ride in it. Count me in.

20. kirbyalaska

kirbyalaska
    from SUX

I have a 38 ford truck in process. Parts I'm needing are a complete set of hood hinges, the rods that go from the fire wall to the radiator, and a usable bench seat springs. Anyone have pics of the hood hinges so I know what to look for. I've run across some that just don't look right to me. The PO cut them and the radiator support rods to pull the engine.:( Also a pic of where the radiator support rods mount up front would help too.

Thanks, Kirbyalaska

21. 38-39 ford truck lover

38-39 ford truck lover
    from duluth,mn

wow....lots of nice rigs to look at....here is a few of mine......coe is winter of 2012-2013 project going on 35 ft motorhome chassis, green truck is oil painting of my dads that i built sits on s-10 frame 350 combo, green truck is it, ratrod is mine -38 1 ton frame,40 axle, quick change rear, 35 dodge box,diesel 6.2 ,chopped,sectioned an channeled 4in.....other is s-10 frame 460 c-6.......

Attached Files:

22. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

[​IMG]

Like the oil painting..............SWEET

23. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Anybody looking for some running boards? I have some that need some work but are fixable. PM me.

24. 81ttopcoupe

81ttopcoupe
    from Cedar Park

Anyone have patterns for the cab to frame wood? Or some good pictures of it, installed or not. I'm piecing together a hot rod 38-39 with my son and need some wood so we can mock up to check fitment with our 53 Cad engine trans. Thanks.

25. venice original

venice original
    from VENICE CA

Im in also!!! Bought three of them to build one really nice for my dad!!!!

26. bozspeedy

bozspeedy
    from bozeman mt

Good stuff on this thread like looking for ideas.
    Working on 38 truck fenderless, Working on set up, shortened frame 12" lowered 4", channeled the cab 4" have not cut the roof yet, working on the floor and firewall. Photos on my page.

27. got any real good pictures of the engine compartment showing the steering box?

28. ford and fltrx

ford and fltrx
    from NC

I am in as well. I need some pics of the WS regulater, mine is siezed and I am taking it apart.

29. '38 and '39 windshield regulators are different. '38 has a T-handle just above the ridge of the upper dash panel, same regulator as '37-'38 cars and '37 truck. '39 has a round knob up on top of upper dash panel, regulator is '39 only but same one used on '39 cars.

30. Hood hinges for '38 and '39 are different but interchangeable, don't have pics handy but the '39 style have better attachment for the top of the hood side panels to keep them from vibrating. The rods are easy to make if you can't find a set. Use 3/8 steel rod, weld a 3/8 carriage bolt head onto one end, this will fit in the bracket on the firewall, thread the other end to take 3/8 nuts. Other end sits in the bracket on the top radiator tank. Use two nuts and flat washers to secure the end that attaches to the radiator. Correct mounting of radiator and adjustment of radiator support rods is critical to making front sheet metal line up right.