Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrome shops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motorvator, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Motorvator

Motorvator

Are there any good chrome shops left in SO CAL? Everything I get done peels off like tin foil

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. upspirate

upspirate

Not to hi-jac your thread, but I'm looking for one in Tampa Fl area for small stuff particularly 58 Chev Bel-Aire taillight housings

3. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Go to ogden chrome they pay shipping and do great work

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

There's a chrome shop here in Pomona and I have be happy with their work.

5. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

You could try Astro Plating in No Hwd or Van Nuys. I've used them a bunch of times and am happy with their work. I'd rate them a "B", maybe an "A-".

6. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

There was a good one in Ft. lauderdale but the state regulations helped them move to Tennessee.

7. turdytoo

turdytoo

Ever tighting envirmental regulations are putting them in a bind.Compliance will put some under and run the cost up on others.

8. kracker36

kracker36

Did they chrome your bowtie toilet seat cover?

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I would highly recommend these guys in the Lauderdale area.

http://www.gulfplating.com/

I threw a bunch of parts in the car one week and they called me a week later to come and get them. Their work was fantastic and not horrible pricewise. The chrome looks as good today as it did two or more years ago when it was done.

They also get stuff via ups, but I like getting it there personally, so I hand deliver parts to be plated.

Don

10. Cerberus

Cerberus

I spoke with Ogden Chrome at Pleasanton Goodguys, recently. I showed them pictures of my front and rear bumper. I was quoted $1,600.00. The sales rep said 'it is because there are no flat surfaces on your bumpers. They are tubuler. We have to do your bumpers manually and have a four plate step process. Lot of hours involved." I said, there is no straightening necessary, the chrome is pealing. I WALKED

11. roughneck424

roughneck424

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I use Escondido plating in San Diego very good quality work and they will take you through the process and show you how it's done. They don't send the chrome to Mexico and I have never ever had a problem with there chrome

13. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I use Salt lake chrome,they are very good to deal with.just had my 56 premiere bompers done,some straigtening was about 1500,many other quotes were 2500 3500.very happy,and they picked up and delivered in my area.give them a call.