Register now to get rid of these ads!

FLATCAD RACING Bonneville 2011 Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Jul 27, 2010.

1. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Good luck Buddy, It's nice to see you shareing seat time with the other guys, shows how much of a team effort this really is, Tim Jones

2. Yes, we're one heck of a team to say the least! Our whole crew and all that they give are what makes this journey possible and a whole lot of fun along the way. Im looking forward to seeing more of our crew in the seat!

At Bonneville we had a couple nights where we all went to dinner - super fun evenings to say the least! It was awesome to sit back and contemplate that few of us would have ever met if it wasn't for us all hitching our wagons to this dream and working hard to make it happen. The HAMB and LSR communities were the common ground where we all got 'introduced' to one another - then branched out to friends and family as well. Hell - now we are sort of one big family ourselves.

It is a whole heck of a great experience when you create a sort of 'race club' to do these things.

Come on down to the Ohio Mile - we'd love to see yah!

B&S

3. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I just received an email from a gentleman, that I invited to hang out with us at the Ohio Mile. This is what it said, in part:

"Hello, I appreciate the invite to hang out with you guys, but I see on the HAMB that you are not driving and it will be more of a fun thing rather than a drop dead assault on setting a record. With that in mind I can't justify taking a weekend off from my shop."

I feel the need to clarify this. Dale is still driving the same class he ran on the salt, the ALT class. He'll drive first, as he knows the engine and car, and should be able to detect if we have issues.

Randy has the only drag racing experience out of us. This is going to be a mile long drag race, so it's a natural place for him to start.

Danny was a Pro off road quad and motorcycle rider. He's very competitive, and has great instincts- he'll take over for me in comp coupe.

In truth, we took it easy on the salt, because we were still learning the car and engine, and we needed to get a good baseline to build from.My goal for the Ohio Mile is 150mph, so the car will be tuned hot, and we will be running hard.

I apologize to all of the ECTA members if I made it sound like we were taking this meet lightly-That's not the case! We're going to have fun, but we'll be balls to the wall!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  4. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

I wouldn't expect anything else, Buddy. Anyone out there who thinks like a true hotrodder knows that the only reason for an "easy run" is to check out major changes to the car. Can't imagine having a timed mile and not running WFO! Looking for some big numbers from you guys and figure that you'll be having a ball doing it. Keep smiling, the other guys will wonder what surprises you have for them. :D

5. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Good luck guys!:)

Racing old iron is all about having fun,and we really wan't to set some sort of records!:)
    Althoug I haven't met the Flatcad Crew, you guys are my heroes!

Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

6. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Well they made it to the Ohio Mile and the work has begun I will update as I get info
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Go Don, Buddy and Dale ............ let er fly!!!

8. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Hi Carl

Unfortunately I am not there ----- Like I told Buddy,, Someone has to work to support this team !!!!!!

9. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

They cleared tech. now headed to tune the motor
    [​IMG]

10. Alright! Keep us updated!

11. Hey Don you going to Eagle on the 6th??

12. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

First run---- Dale in alt. class 138.6

13. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Checking the ECTA web site it looks as we should be able to kill the current record set at <table width="100%"><tbody><tr height="25"><td align="left" valign="top" width="49">6624</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="116">XXO/BVGCC</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="233">Scrap Iron</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="120">Bobby Minis</td> <td align="left" valign="top" width="55">Apr-12</td> <td align="right" valign="top" width="55">130.756</td></tr></tbody></table>

14. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

OK

WE HAVE A RECORD AT 138.6 in ALT. CLASS some issues happening,,,, chute did not open and over ran the track,, Dale is ok car is ok , but oil all over from a leak some where.

15. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Chiller tanks leaked and soaked the chute,,,, oil fitting was loose ,, now Changing the pill , drying the chute , tightening the fitting and Back to the track

16. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I am glad you are all having fun and the flatcad is running well. Stay off of the grass and do not run over one of the lights.

I guess you have some kind of internet link at the site. I am anxious for news of the 974 orange Studebaker and I am reluctant to call them as they are busy like you. Being here at home and not at the event is tough On your next post, if you have news for me, please pass it along.

John

17. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

I will see. And post

18. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Ok. 210. With traction issues

19. Kool and Thankz for posting Don........GO FLATCAD!!!!!!!!!

20. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

The tune is set for 150. With randy - wrenchbenber at the wheel
    They are in line now

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  21. Congrats Dale! Do we need to pass the hat for some new shorts!?!

22. Just buy him some brown ones..............

23. Uh update????????????

24. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Sorry for the delay !!!! The track shutdown for the night with 3 cars to go ...

this morning Randy (wrenchbender) jackson ran a 135. bad tune on motor very slugish ,, Now they are changing classes to comp coup and Danny driving .

25. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Hi John !!!!!! well this morning the report is car 974 Hooley broke the record at over 234 !!!! congrats !!!

26. Congrats on a good run. Sorry to hear about the chute, glad to hear all is OK though.

Keep Going!

27. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Here is a few pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. pops29

pops29
    from turlock ca

Second run for the day is 152mph New Record ( Danny Rudd driving ) gears too tall 3rd gear through the top end only would not pull 4th.. Randy will give it 1 more shot after gear change. So 2 More records for FLATCAD !!!!!

29. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This is an amazing project. Nice going.

30. Wow congrats to the FlatCad crew!!