Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nov 3, 2012 / Stray Kat free feed / Mick's 50th Birthday party

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Sep 26, 2012.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For the last four years, the first Saturday in November, Travis and I host a free feed
    for all of our friends. We've been overwhelmed on how many people attend our feed.
    Its nothing special just a bunch of us sitting around and eating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This year I turn 50 so we are going to have some cake to celebrate my big 5-0 with my
    Kustom family..... Please no gifts, you guys have giving enough....

The shop is right across from the Tom Mix museum Downtown Dewey. We will block the
    streets off so we wil have plenty of parking in front of his shop. We will start eating
    around noon and we plan on being there most of the day.

If you have any questions just let me know and I'll make something up.

Happy Trails, Mick

2. No one has jumped on this all day and made a comment about you coming of age? :D This is on my calendar, but would you believe there is also a conflicting college thing for the big one? Shoot me!! I gotta get this kid off to college cuz it's really goofing up my car show attendance. LOL. The chow has not been ruled out yet, so there is still hope!

3. lazyworker

lazyworker
    from Tulsa, Ok

Thanks for posting this. Us FNG's don't know anything. Looks like I have a date to make the caddy roadworthy again. TLC but a lot of it.

And congratulations on the birthday coming up.

4. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Dave If ya can't make it don't worry about it. If I had a family conflict I wouldn't
    make it either. We both know family has to come first. Maybe we can meet half way
    somewhere sometime and have a Merc gathering.

Love the Caddy they are worth the TLC. Good luck getting it on the road and if I don't
    see ya for the feed we will see ya at the SK500. Thanks for Ol'man day wishes.

Happy Trails, Mick

5. sololobo

sololobo

Enjoy the birthday bash Mick, you and Trav sure do your share to get the cars out for a great time. I am nursing my sick six untill we can get the small block slipped in so can't make it but will be there in spirit. Have fun kids. ~sololobo~

6. well to put this in perspective i was 17 year old when you were born
    and i was a terror in a car in the old days :p

enjoy the day and the party
    may you and travis have many guests and a lot of really cool customs to look at:D

7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Mick, if you're gonna turn 50, that means you were only 34 when I met ya! And already you were Kool! I plan to be there, just like last year!

8. 50 boy im going to have fun with this lol

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

50...??? FIFTY...??? Ya look like 37 if you're a day...and your birthday in November yet...Maybe that's why you and I get along so well and both dig kustoms, my birthday is in November as well...

Happy Birthday to ya...wish we could be there...!!!

R-

10. mongo51

mongo51

11. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Just flipped my Royboy SK500 calendar to October and discovered that I will have the Mickury to look at all month as a reminder to not miss the November 3rd feed!

12. Will be a blast

13. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

We plan on being there.....

14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Mick...

Wish I could join you...have a great one ! And, a Happy Birthday, in advance !!

Jonnie

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Jonnie, Feeling older everyday and I guess that is a good thing....

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

How did I not know of this thread until now?!? I will be there and I hope to be there either Friday night or caravan down on Saturday.

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We were hiding it from ya. We were afraid that you would show up with your camera and
    take a bunch of kool pictures. Man that would suck!! LOL! See ya next weekend.

Happy Trails, Mick

18. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Now I have to actually try ;) I have an idea for some cool video options that I can try if the time allows.

19. This could be a trip to fight off winter. Mick, I didn't realize you were reaching a magic number. If I don't make it, best wishes!

20. Just think, it won't be much longer till you get that cherished senior citizen discount at McDonalds:eek:

Best wishes Mick.

21. Gosh, I was just 21 when you were born. Not sure, but I am going to try to make it. Got some more issues. Happy birthday anyway.
    Later,
    Dick

22. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Just found out the Hot Rod Garage has scheduled their open house the same day (last year they were a week apart). :(

I'll wave in the direction of Sand Springs as I cruise through Tulsa on the way to Dewey!

23. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'm going to try to start the day in Tulsa area and head in the direction of Dewey around 11am ish. Hopefully with new wheels/tires on the Galaxie :) Hoping to shoot a magazine feature in the Tulsa area in the morning and maybe one in Dewey in the evening. Plus lots of hotrod/kustom fellowship in between. Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend!

24. mongo51

mongo51

Get me your wheels and ill get your tires on them

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Travis we need to see pictures of the wheels, try to borrow a Camera from somebody.

It's unfortunate that HRG open house is the same day. Some guys are gonna hit it in
    the morning and then head to Dewey. I hate missing their open house this year.

26. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'm not picking them up until Sunday on the way home Texas...

27. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

DANG you're OLD!!! Oh wait...that mean's I'm getting old...DANG IT!!!! Look at it this way, at least we have a few years to catch up with Myers!!!

I'm emceeing the Hot Rod Garage deal but I'll try and make it. Don't know what time I'll be out of there. Especially since I'll have to tear down all of my P.A. We'll see...

monks

28. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Hey TWOTALLOKIE, If I don't make it down give Mickey several swats for me. He's not to big to spank. He may even like it. He does have a dark side.

29. gonmad

gonmad

Old..... Man that sucks!!! LOL!!
    Well, I can't make it this time guys cause we are doing a marriage seminar thingy that weekend with our church.... Actually we're hosting it!! Dooh!!
    I know you won't miss me, but my wife might be missed!!! LOL!!
    Have fun and happy b Day!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

YOU HOSTING? You're correct. Your wife and children will be missed; NOT YOU!!

Not sure if I'll be Dewey either. I hope to see you in May at Dewey or maybe in Peculiar the following weekend for the Pete & Jakes Openhouse. $25,000 raised for Juvenile Diabetes last year.