Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Studebaker Guys on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodysrods, Sep 24, 2011.

1. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

I have a 32 dictator 4 door I am starting to rod. I would like to sell/trade the orig. motor/trans/rear[possibly rolling chassis] .It depends on what I find exactly as a donor car to start with. I am thinking an s-10 frame and modify as needed. If you guys know any stude people that might want/need parts I have, let me know please. Maybe I can get a little ahead to start on it. thanks.

2. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

hi ray here. ive just aquired a 52 studebaker commander . sawed it out of the bush last week. engine seized, naturally the previous owner parked it in running condition in 79. body not bad glass gone fdloor pans intact but i put my hand through floor on pass side. fixin fer daily driver. sorry no pics as im not tech savey enough

3. Jcox68rt

Jcox68rt

Just became a Stude fan myself recently! Can't wait to build this 55' soon. I got it from my wife's cousin. Mild old Skool hot rod build coming!

[​IMG]

4. Had to sell the Stude, so I am no longer a Studebaker guy.
    Sorry fellas that's just life.

5. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I had a '63 Avanti for a few years. It's gone.
    Now I have a '62 GT Hawk. It appears that it has been sitting somewhere for 30 years or so. There is an oil change sticker on the door from 1981 with 67,000 miles written on it. The car now has 74,000 miles. The interior is like new.
    It was made in Hamilton, Ontario. 289 engine, auto trans, TT rear.

6. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Well crapola P&B...
    But yer' not going to get away that easy (or hard as it may be).
    If you like Studees, that makes you a Studebaker Guy.
    I'm a Cadillac, and Buick Riviera Guy, but have never owned either.

7. Hay P&B! I agree wit Rocky! Besides...take a q from the U.S.Marines...Once a Studebaker Man...ALWAYS A Studebaker Man!

8. 327Eric

327Eric

I don't have one anymore, but i thinnk the 22 I've had qualifies me somewhat. I'll get a pic of my last build up. 55 coupe with 53 sheetmetal, 327 and a 4 speed. Gave it to my Dad to play with.
    [​IMG]

9. studebakerdave

studebakerdave

Looks like a great start. congrats

10. Just started working on the 28 dictator.

Attached Files:

11. PJKeally

PJKeally

Hi Guys I have a 1934 30cwt truck with Canada built tag on Chassis [ Pics else where on HAMB]I have been slowly trying to rebuild on a Lark s/wagon chassis,with original Motor ,Running gear}Lark}will be as a C cab Pick up or Paddy Wagon,Been making Cab frame out of square tube,have spent a week making Valance panels 4Feet long strenthened with small square tube , left valance has Battery box in side/ or may be a step.Have Bonnett , sides, grille ,sitting to work out Mount brackets etc.Will be running 8x 14 wheels/ tyres up front{ Ford Falcon} 10x 14 wheels tyres on rear.Will have original Guages { need clean up} may be extra one or two.Datsun ute Heater /Demister,also a CB radio.Will post some mock up pics when I can get Freind to post for Me.Cheers from Koolsville:cool::cool::cool::cool: Down under.

12. 46stude

46stude

I've had my M5 for 10 years. Still haven't ever really done anything with it, but its time will come.

Attached Files:

• M5a.jpg
      M5a.jpg
      File size:
      130 KB
      Views:
  13. unklgriz

unklgriz

any of you guys know about Studebakers other car brand the Erskine? We ran across a '27-'30 roadster today that needs to be restored.

Larry

14. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I really like to see a front shot of the 39.
    Studes are fantastic IMO. a 64 wagonaire is one of the cars in my list of dreams. But i seem to appresciate them all from the late 30s on.

15. I am helping my father inlaw with his 1946 M5 build (vintage46) and need bumpers and glove box lid and a few other parts if anyone knows of, thanks, Tim

16. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

I've got a 64 289 with a standard tranny i'm itching to use (in my T project) but I can't locate a good starter core! Looked on and joined the SDC website with no luck!

17. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

Building a 53 to run Bonneville. Ck my pics. Welcome

18. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

I'm doing a blend of pretty radical / yet old school, on a RPU build on my 46 M-5... but in keeping with the orphan theme I have going with my rides so far... the motor is a 289 out of a 58 Silver Hawk

19. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Hey guys,
    I am looking for a '49-53' Studebaker 1/2 ton short bed pick up truck. I prefer original paint or an old worn out re-paint and hope to find one with no serious rot (don't we all!).

Please let me know if you know of one for sale. Thanks for the help.

John

20. Well I guess it is more of I had to back up and regroupe than I am surrendering.

Maybe I'll find a sweet old '39 coupe.

21. bstie

bstie

It's starting to look like a pickup again! Hoping to be able to drive it for the first time this weekend!

Attached Files:

22. E-dizzle

E-dizzle

Sold

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  23. E-dizzle

E-dizzle

24. E-dizzle

E-dizzle

25. E-dizzle

E-dizzle

26. 28-Stude

28-Stude
    from Arizona

Glad to see some Studes on the board... Heres my 28 Commander, the back was crushed so it was cut off and made a bed on it.

Attached Files:

27. Tanson

Tanson

Rather new to using the H.A.M.B. Don't think I've seen so many M5 trucks in one place. What a treat. Mine is a '47 on a '56 Chev 3/4 ton chassis, '70 Ford rear end, 350 Olds and a TH400. A true daily driver, beater.

28. kenny peace

kenny peace

this is my 57 studebaker

Attached Files:

29. This is the 28 Dictator the wife and I are restoring.
    [​IMG]

30. stik70

stik70
    from midwest

Here's my '59 Scotsman, which is hopefully getting some attention this winter
    [​IMG]