Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My official 1959 Ford F100 build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Blake84

Blake84

I'll probably be there!!!! Any questions just ask

2. Randzz75

Randzz75

Where and when is the mooneyes event?!!??!!

3. Blake84

Blake84

No clue honestly. I read somewhere dec 10 irwindale speedway...no idea but I just missed a mooneye show and I heard they are right up my alley as far as taste In vehicles.

4. Uncle D

Uncle D

This is one of my favorite trucks on here. I really dig what you have done with it so far, and I like the style. Nice work, can't wait to see more.

5. Blake84

Blake84

Thanks uncle D. I really appreciate it. It's in the shop having a no limit engineering front suspension installed and when I gets out I'll start doing more updates

6. 510madmav

510madmav

Dude sweet truck! Steering wheel looks awesome, the bed looks great too. Hopefully youll get a nice suspension job up front this time..And I dig the swamp cooler, let us know if your ever in NorCal

7. Blake84

Blake84

Thanks man....love your truck. Was thinking about maybe going to cherries jubilee in Monterey. I have a lot of family in pebble beach so I'm up there a lot. That's where I used to live for a while. That's about as far north as I go :D

8. Blake84

Blake84

Got some patriot headers for my 223. I'm going to start working on the engine now. Just a few upgrades because I will be building an engine for this truck on the side and take my time....I have never built one but figured doing it is the only way to learn. Going with either ford 302 351 Windsor or a flathead v8. Still deciding.

My plans for this engine are dual carb offy intake manifold and 2 1904 glass bowl Holley carbs with the patriot headers and dual glass packs or cherry bombs. I will also change out gaskets and get the head cleaned

[​IMG]

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

Blake.. I'm curious why you bought the metalflake knobs and then painted them?

Truck looks awesome btw... Makes me want to get my 59 out and going!! :)

10. Blake84

Blake84

Couldn't find knobs that matched my steering wheel and bench seat exactly, so Ordered any color knobs and used same paint I did steering wheel with to make the knobs match and look uniform.......I was happy how they turned out.

Thanks!

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea they look great. I was just curious.:)

12. Blake84

Blake84

So now that my suspension is corrected with the no limit engineering kit, I drove down to the hood to take a few pics and messed around with the new iphone panoramic feature which is pretty cool.

Here is panoramic feature.....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Truck looks great! What are your ideas for the paint?

14. cobra_4

cobra_4

Awesome!! I love these trucks!! My buddy just got done building a 60. Its got a camaro subframe under it with a SBC in it. Tons of fun. Good luck with your build! Can't wait to see more!

15. Blake84

Blake84

YOUR LOOKING AT IT....IT'S DONE! I specifically looked for this color with some rust. It's not for everyone but it's my style

16. nachodog

nachodog
    from socal

Awesome looking truck, cant wait to see it in person. Mooneyes bound right!?

17. Blake84

Blake84

Yes sir!!!

18. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

Blake,
    Everything looks really good. I did my steering wheel too but it wasn't nearly as torn up as yours and yours comes out looking truly good - congrats.

So how about some photos of the new suspension vs. the old suspension? Does it now ride, steer, etc as you wanted?

Finally, who did your seat? I really like how clean it came out.

19. Blake84

Blake84

Pm sent regarding seat......

Here is video I posted of the new work on my other thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxl1teXwvdU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

20. nachodog

nachodog
    from socal

Mr. Blake, would ya be so kind as to sharing your upholstery guy info with me as well? I'm at the point of getting my seat done and i really like your seat.

21. Blake84

Blake84

So....I was all excited to get my patriot exhaust header with dual glass packs run. Took it to the muffler shop and after removing carb and intake manifold and old header only to find out it DIDNT FIT!! Its because the steering rod for the new suspension. I was so bummed. Anyway I said well just run 1 single glass pack with new piping from the manifold and they did just that. so I have 1 little glass pack... Sounds alright cant really hear it too much.....Not farty.. Sold the headers in 5 minutes here on the HAMB so im happy someone else will use them. here are a few shots

last shot is a little place I saw while driving near La brea and thought id pull the truck in and take a shot.

You can see below ehre the steering rod gets in the way VVVVVV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. chaddilac

chaddilac

It looks great Blake!!! This is my new wallpaper!!! Thank you! :)

23. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

^ yep, it's my I pad background now. I'm so trad.

24. Blake84

Blake84

Haha....sweet. It's my iPad background also!

25. dixiedog

dixiedog

Sweet ride and Bully - Cash said a pigs ear will make up for time spent on the truck and not me!

26. bstie

bstie

Love your truck build.. after reading about all your troubles with the front on your other post I went with a no limit front and rear kit rather than have someone build something for me, we just finished up all the install work and are working through the bugs now. Post some pictures of the new front suspension when you get some time I would like to see what they did.

Your truck looks great! Here is mine....

Attached Files:

27. Blake84

Blake84

That truck looks great! Rides smooth too I bet!

Today I went to the mooneyes Xmas show. Holy crap it was amazing! Here's a couple shots. Rolled out with my buddy MR.DICKIES and PJF and few others and met up with my other buddy Kingkirksgv23. Was a great show but you better get there very early if you want to park together. We got there at 7 it was packed.

My truck and mr dickies 50 shoebox
    [​IMG]

My dad in the bed my fiancé brown hair and blonde sister
    [​IMG]

Officially my next vehicle
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chopped kaiser and mr dickies shoebox
    [​IMG]

28. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

this just makes me want to go rip apparet our 60'. . . well actually if i could i would. beautiful truck!

29. 510madmav

510madmav

Lookin real good man

30. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Yep. Great looking truck. And that shot is beautiful!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad