Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheel Vintique

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willymakeit, Sep 24, 2012.

1. willymakeit

willymakeit

I tried to order some wheels thru another company and they said there were issues. I know they are supplied by Wheel Vintique. Orders were running a month or more behind or slow ship.
    Anybody know anything?
    I dont want to tie my money up.
    This is not a bash, just curious.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't know anything specific about WV at this exact point in time, but they have run hot and cold over the years, from my experience.

Wheel makers are just that way for some unknown reason to me. :confused: We've pretty much bought from all of them over the years and sometimes they are hitting on all 8 and sometimes they jerk you around. You will see reports where some people hate so and so and other people rave about them.

I do know we got a bent wheel from Coker that was a WV and the next time we ordered they were using Superior. Then I heard Coker now owns WV, so who knows.

Strange industry.

Don

3. summit racing stocks a lot of their wheels , that's where i have bought them from. have you checked with them?

4. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

OK...
    I just ordered mine from summit and got them within a few days

5. willymakeit

willymakeit

Only reason for WV was that the person I was ordering from guaranteed that my caps and rings would stay on. Im looking for 2 15X7, 5 1/2 on with a 4'' backset.
    Just being careful.
    Dont know much about the other companies. Guess I will startchecking.
    Thanks for the replies.

6. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

The WV wheels I bought came 'powdercoated'. I use that term loosely as the 'powdercoating' scratched off more easily than Krylon. When I called to ask WTF?, the guy there seemed 100% unconcerned.

7. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I was just in Summit Racings warehouse, they have a hole shit load of Wheel Vintiques rims. I would order from them.

8. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I bought my last set thru Summit Racing. I received them in 2 days, they were lower priced than Cokers by the time you figure in shipping, and if there is any problem Summit is easy to deal with. I just picked up another set from a fellow HAMB member. 15x8 Gennies and 15x10 Gennies. I hoping to change the backspace on the 15x10 and use them on my 57 F100 for a different option.

9. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Just make sure thay are what you ordered and want.
    Once you mount them they are yours no matter what.

10. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

try wheelsmith.com;)

11. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

What he said. They can do custom backspace and have great prices.

It's www.thewheelsmith.net however

12. Take that with a grain of salt, Mine didn't, their caps, their wheels, wouldn't even snap on. I welded nubs closer to where they should have been to fix it. I didn't want to send them back and wait. My $.02.

13. willymakeit

willymakeit

I will try all the suggestions . Thanks everyone.

14. Goodlife

Goodlife

I ordered four chrome wheels from summit and didn't have them in six weeks. Called WV and got them in a couple days. Go figure.

15. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

What type of wheels are you looking for? Here at Rally America we make almost all the same wheels but for less. Most of our prices are also cheaper than summit or Jegs and we make them ourselves so we also don't charge for special offsets or things like that. We have on plain steel wheels we usually have them sent out the next day. Give us a try- 559-322-2128
    Thanks
    Jimmy

16. I bought 5 custom off-set rims from Wheel Vintique quite a while ago.......two of them had the centers welded in crooked (awful run-out) and they all had so much weld spatter they could not be used as delivered......lots of careful grinding. And they all had raw edges on the rim edges....lots of time with a file!! I recommend any other company than Wheel Vintique, unless you can lay your eyes (and straight edge) on them before you put out the money.

17. tjm73

tjm73

I was just gonna through your hat in the ring for you and mention you guys are alliance members.

18. cracker head

cracker head

I have bought wheels from wheelkid as well. I was very pleased with the whole transaction. I would buy from him again.

19. lukey

lukey

Took a while to get mine, quality is nice though

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012