Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Losthope's 1966 c10 low buck build!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LostHope, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Agreed. C10 drum dual master into a C10 truck.. why add extra plumbing? The truck will stop fine... like a truck.

Bob

1Nimrod likes this.
  2. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Love your build!

3. LostHope

LostHope

Thats what I thought and also read thanks guys for the confirmation!I've been driving it and it stops fine.

Thanks for the support!

Well I've been out of town working in the bay area wiring a muti million dollar home for the past week which has been pretty fun since its really the first big job ive done since recovering since my accident besides small jobs,It feels good to be back working since its been a least a year...its a three story house on Mt. Tiburon ,Ca which is over looking San Fransisco bay, heres a picture I took from the second story opening for a french door that will lead out onto a deck,from here you can see Alcatraz island,Angel island,San Fransisco, Golden Gate bridge, etc. the marine layer was in and I didnt get a very clear picture , and it doesnt do it justice and when its clear even a better view on the top floor,but it is a great view to look at eating my lunch, also the house right below us with the dome on it belongs to the famous guitar player Carlos Santana,he has waved up to us a couple times when getting into one his cars :
    [​IMG]

Anyways back to the truck build ,when i got home today I received my new adjustable trac bar from porter built, since I lowered my truck so much the other shorter adjustable trac aloud my rear end to shift back and forth to much when riding at different ride heights and my tire was rubbing the bed when i drove with the bed lowered, so this new longer trac bar should allow me to ride at any ride height I want and should have minimal side to side moment of the rearend, Tomorrow Ill try and get it installed since im only home for a couple days then back to working out of town:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    1Nimrod likes this.
  4. LostHope

LostHope

Well I got the trac bar installed !! Great quality parts but let down with their customer service it took a month to receive and a number of calls , instead of the 1 to 2 weeks they told me....I had to do a little modification to one of the brackets to make it work with the way i relocated the rear shocks:
    [​IMG]

Also I guess you cant use Porterbuilt's trac bar with CPP's bolt on C-Notch unless you cut either the c-notch or the trac-bar mount , luckily for me the shock relocation brackets I made spaced it out so it just overlapped it:
    [​IMG]

Here it is installed with the truck aired up:
    [​IMG]

Now Im going to go drive it !

1Nimrod likes this.
  5. LostHope

LostHope

Well not much of a updated but this morning I went to a swapmeet and found some truck items of use, I picked up a set of reverse light bezels so when I get the exhaust redone I can run the tips of the exhaust through the bezels out the back of the rear grill I made, and also my buddy with the O.G patina truck I pictured earlier in my thread has a custom cab steering wheel but needed the center horn piece which I found for him, I thank I did pretty good since I picked up the bezels for $3 and the horn center for $10.

[​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  6. LostHope

LostHope

I sold some parts on ebay and purchased a new sending unit off ebay for $30,I installed it tonight and now the gauge reads a 1/4 tank which I believe is correct from looking at the bamboo dip stick I use, but will see if it works tomorrow when I drive it and fill the truck up...I may try and find a new fuel gauge also just to know its all new and working .....this is my first working gas gauge in any of these trucks ive owned so to me it is pretty exciting!
    [​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  7. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

alright man! good to see you working all the bugs out.......

8. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

i have a feeling that a sending unit is in my future soon.... my gauge hasnt been working since I bought the car.

9. LostHope

LostHope

Slowly but im trying to make this one a decent truck to drive compared to my others.

I feel you! most of my cars have been older models ,and most never worked and id find myself stopping for gas to be sure I had enough gas , hopefully this unit fixs that, will be nice to be able to know instead of guessing..

This morning I got to messing around today with the radio! I have 6x9's in the doors but would have to turn the radio up to hear good because the sound gets blocked a little by being so low in the cab an legs in the way and also vibrate the out side door panels alot, So I seen the dual dash replacement speaker's that fit in the stock dash speaker location that LMC and others sell , And figured I can make my own:

First I pulled out the old unit and as you can see it was toast:
    [​IMG]

here you can notice that the stock speaker is low profile to fit under the dash inbetween the wiper motor mount.ash tray,radio so a reg. 6x9 would be hard to fit in there:
    [​IMG]

Then I went to the local thrift store and bought me a set of speakers for a cheap boom box, for $2.99, they might not be high quality speakers like LMC's unit but figured they would work just fine for what I was trying to do and if they go out im only out $2.99:
    [​IMG]

then I cut the old speaker unit off :
    [​IMG]

Took a no parking aluminum street sign I had and cut out a mounting plate:
    [​IMG]

then mounted the speaker in with glue and used the screw down clamps the speakers came with( broke 1 screw tho):
    [​IMG]

Its AMAZING how good it sounds in the cab now and I actually had to fade the sound towards the 6x9's more and only using 3/4 the volume I was before!

now im going for a drive to see how the fuel gauge is working....

IM BUMPIN YO!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
    1Nimrod likes this.
  10. Blake84

Blake84

yo....

saw your speaker post about sound being so low down by your ankles......

In my build thread i just installed some small tweeters up above the door because i didnt want to cut in the dash and you cant even see them. they are by the visors. I also added a cheap little sub amp combo under the seat. sounds perfect!!!!! i def reccomend atleast the tweeters up top it really brings the sound up and my girl was like damn this sounds so much better. Also, not sure if you did it or not but i put entire fire wall and doors covered with peel and seel same shit as dyno mat way cheap tho and it made a huge difference in the sound of music too if thats your thing.....some people wanna hear engine, so not sure your preference.
    [​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  11. LDO

LDO
    from USA

LostHope,
    check your PMs.

12. LostHope

LostHope

Ya, Im not a big audio/stereo type of person just know the basics, sometimes I like to just drive and listen to the engine and then sometimes I like music, I was more concerned about how much the 6x9's were rattling and vibrating the door sheetmetal on the doors with the amount I had to turn the volume up to hear decently,I think that the two small speakers are having a effect like tweeters much better now....I will soon sound deadner the doors and cab floor eventually when money allows, I might go the peel and seal route or theres a vendor here that has a pretty good product thats reasonably priced that I used in my 54 ford build thread....

1Nimrod likes this.
  13. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Haven't checked in on you in a while! I'm glad to see that you're still making headway on my favorite truck!!! Hope you're doing well and keep it up!

14. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Can't wait to see more......

15. LostHope

LostHope

Not much going on with the truck besides driving it daily, Ive been non stop working since I went back to work , wiring houses, pouring concrete patio, volunteering to help wire a new church that a friend belongs too,and other odd jobs,I just haven't had much spare time to do anything major, but I did get around to installing a new gas gauge so now Its all new sending unit,wire,gauge I NOW CAN SEE HOW MUCH GAS I HAVE!!!!!:two::ele::four: And I figured some new wires and spark plugs was a good idea since its been over a year running the old ones.... Well thats it for now....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  16. 63chevtaildragger

63chevtaildragger
    from california

man, i love your build seen all the stuff you've done with your truck. i hope 63 c10 is going to look that nice. hope , to see you cruisen around in sacromento.

here is some pics of my 63

Attached Files:

1Nimrod likes this.
  17. LostHope

LostHope

Cool truck! Its my daily so theres a good chance youll see me!

Well messing around with the air bags tail dragging I found out I can go over speed bumps just fine, but I can drag the the rear-grill-roll-roll-pan on the ground when theres elevation changes in the road, mostly in the older sections of town on side streets crossing over main streets that have more of a hump rather then the new flat streets......

CLICK TO VIEW tail drag video :

[​IMG]

well the back seam where the roll pan and the bed side meet,dragged on the road and bent the roll pan back..

I took it over to Richies and took my "BFH" and beat it back straight... had him weld the bottom couple inchs of the seam together since this area was already messed up from sometime in the trucks past...

[​IMG]

I made some scrape plates to spand the seam so it doesnt happen catch and bend back again, and had richie weld them on:

[​IMG]

did a quick job at body filling the creases and molded them on, and low and behold after a day or so messing around scraped the rear again but this time the plates worked and roll pan is fine, eventually when I will rework the whole rear section when I do the whole truck but for now it works:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While richie had the welder out had him weld the bottom bar of the seat back thats been broken since I got the truck, much more comfortable now! And yes I offered to pull the seat for him cause of the fuel tank,he wasnt having it, and said "Ah no big deal" , , I was scared to take the picture!

[​IMG]

I also replaced the used camero rear sway bar end links to some new energy suspension links:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    1Nimrod likes this.
  18. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Truck's looking good, but what the fuck is he doing welding without proper sandals on ? :D

19. LostHope

LostHope

LMAO! Too funny I forgot a bout that!!!!

20. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! MAn....she really does drag ass!! I love it!!!! You just keep improving it one bit at a time. It's come a long way for sure!! Keep it up Bro!!!!

21. LostHope

LostHope

Went thrift storing today with the ol' lady and found me a old school steering column flash light for .49 cents, threw a couple battery's into and it works! Now I can replace the repop one I already have, you can notice the difference in quality between them right away when you pick them up.....

.49 cents flash light!
    [​IMG]

repop on the left, old school on the right:
    [​IMG]

repop:
    [​IMG]

Old school:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    1Nimrod likes this.
  22. n847

n847

Dude I've been looking for one of those...thats awesome...Oh and I think you misslabeled the pictures. The top picture doesn't corelate with the bottom pictures. I always wanted one of the little aftermarket fans as well.

23. LostHope

LostHope

Ya I was pretty stoked to find it and for .49 cents!! And I fixed labels on the pictures , apparently i dont know my left from my right......i really meant my other left...haha..thanks for catching that!

1Nimrod likes this.
  24. LostHope

LostHope

Not much of a up date just a couple small new items installed nothing serious( one peice at a time right!) and driving the wheels off my truck and using it to haul my scrap metal findings,recyclables, recycling pallets for extra money:

[​IMG]

the other day went to my car club members house and helped him set up for his b-day party we held in the garage and my truck and his car were the focal point LOL!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then one day driving down the freeway my raccoon tail and antenna decided to snap off and take flight , so i ordered a new antenna, glove box door striker, and also a dome light unit from LMC, and bid and won a raccon tail and used glove box door button on EBAY:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

old brittle unit held to cab by packing tape:

[​IMG]

New unit:

[​IMG]

First time having a latching glove box door,,,,,,Amazing!

[​IMG]

Also replaced the starter

And "Glendale" and I made it out to the "Mala Noche" car show in roseville ca.:
    [​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  25. LostHope

LostHope

Used my truck as a truck today scrapping metal and recycling pallets!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  26. LostHope

LostHope

ANOTHER PUTTING HER TO WORK OF A DAY OF SCRAPPING !

Pallets , my stash of clean aluminum,couple motor ballasts , and plastic drums filled with bottles and cans:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  27. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

See...you've been taking care of her and now she'll take care of you!!! It's always a good feeling to work them the way that they were intended to!! I scrap too and it not only helps pay the light bill, it helps keep my old car habit alive!! The truck is looking great, Bro!!!!! She can party and work withthe best of them!! LOVE IT!!!!!

28. LostHope

LostHope

Thanks Jason ! I've been reading up on that scrap metal forum you sent me that link too awhile back..I started a "scrapping in my 1966 chevy truck thread" on there nice guys on that forum and tons of info!

Did a garage clean out today and pulled two loads of scrap metal out of it and got to keep alot of good stuff like, wagner hand held paint sprayer, hand tools, bottles jacks , 2 tackle boxs full of fishing gear....etc....etc....rides great with a load and air bags!

She sure is a working truck!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.
  29. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

SWEET!!!! I'm glad that you're getting some useful info off of that forum. I don't post a lot on there but have gained a ton of knowledge and like yousaid, very nice group of folks!! It's like the HAMB of the scrap metal world!! You've been getting some great hauls lately!! The old truck looks happy!!!!!!!!!!!

30. LostHope

LostHope

No up dates just working the hell out of it using it as a scrapper truck:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1Nimrod likes this.