Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barefoot gas pedal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by von zipper, Sep 23, 2012.

1. von zipper

von zipper

Since we discussed the chain steering wheel, what's your thoughts on those pedals???? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348421143.686836.jpg

Model T1 likes this.
  2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Not good !!!

[​IMG]

3. Ha!, Good one!...for me thats cool for a dune buggy ,I like the Speed King bass drum pedal or an old moon gasser/stockcar type.

4. BOBBYA312

BOBBYA312
    BANNED
    from Ala

Check with Joe Dirt. Seems like he found one in the Auto Trader.

5. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

I say "Hell YEAH!" as long as you have a chain steering wheel also!

6. It must be good...We sell a ton of em at shows..not my personal taste but theres a seat for every behind...

Model T1 likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good for a laugh. Not sure I'd put them in a hot rod though.

They would look great in a 61 Falcon wagon with a surfboard strapped on top.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  8. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

Those are what you put on at shows or when you are parked so people think they are cool. Then you stow them to drive. Deform the curve of taste.

9. I think they (gas pedal) are most fitting on a late 60's era resto ... especially a surf wagon, but toss the dimmer pedal. Its lame.

10. OK for Hippie Vans and VW's, Back in the 60's I had the gas pedal,,in fact I think it's still in the top of my tool box. HRP

11. I actually used to run a barefoot or surfer gas peddle as that were called in about one of everything.

I don't know when they became popular I bought my first one used in about '68 or '69.

Sam,
    There actually used to be a car around a town I lived in once that had clutch and brake peddles as well as dimmer and gas all of them bare foot.

If you are going to run the peddles you need to get the surfer feet decal to run in the back window, we used to get two sets, cut one on two and run it on the bottom and the other toes down between the bottom feet and call them happy feet.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  12. If you run that pedal then you must wear fringed bellbottoms and sandals with the tire tread sole to go with it.

Kan Kustom and Model T1 like this.
  13. Mercchev

Mercchev

We cast a bunch of those in metal shop in junior high...Still got mine, hanging on the wall in the garage. Late 60's early 70's lots of guys had them on their high school cruisers around here.

14. von zipper

von zipper

Time to fess up! They're on both of mine! But! Its traditional 60's! Had one on my 67 Econoline,so it takes me back!

Model T1 likes this.
  15. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

I do have a STREET IS NEAT" sticker, brand new still in the original packaging, covers half your back window! :D

Jungle Jalopy likes this.
  16. 5window

5window

And,start every sentence with "dude". Probably cool for the street late 60's and seventies and good for surf wagons. But, if you like 'em, put them in!

17. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

[Sam,
    There actually used to be a car around a town I lived in once that had clutch and brake peddles as well as dimmer and gas all of them bare foot.

screw the pedal, I want to hear more about this car that porknbeaner lived in!:eek:

18. John boy

John boy

You have to be kidding?

19. Moonequipt13

Moonequipt13

I thought you had a hemi? Yeah... gettin a footprint gas pedal installed on it so I stole this pile instead.

20. Or,no shoes man,,,like back in the 60's man.:D HRP

21. Deuces

Deuces

Are you the California beach bum type????....

22. Model T1

Model T1

Hell Yea ! I had those in about every car I had for years. Okay, admit, had both of those in the 55 Chevy wagon. Traded in a weak moment. Three years later when I bought it back my pedals were gone !:( Whaaa !

[​IMG] Yes, these right here ! My only problem was the clips on the back kept coming off the pedals and got hung up in my bell bottoms!

23. Deuces

Deuces

I used to have a t-shirt that showed 2 feet pointing down and 2 feet pointing up... And on the bottom it said: "If It Feels Good, Do It"...:D:D
    None of the teachers cought on till I walked in auto shop class after lunch and I was sent home...:D:eek:

24. Been their done that!!! Old Guys still rule!! If anyone needs these I still have them in stock, Gas pedals are 14.00 and the dimmers are 6.00 with free shipping in the LOWER 48!! 20.00 for the pair shipped damn thats a deal...............paypal to [email protected]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  25. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Gotts the stinky foot on the shelf in the shop . Thought bout puttin it in the Galaxie.

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Cal Custom ones are for dorks. all the cool guys had the 4 toed Eelco feet pedals. the 2 in the bottom of the picture on the left are dimmer switch covers. you can see the set in the upper photo. the gas pedal shown is mine, about 10 inches long.

Attached Files:

27. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

while we are on the subject of things with bare feet here is a shift knob I had:

Attached Files:

28. I had one in a 1965 Chevrolet.

29. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

It's traditional, what more do you want? I have a o.g. dimmer foot that I am using on my 51 AD just for kicks.