Register now to get rid of these ads!

What makes the 32 Ford cpe better than the 31

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pearl31, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ^^no, theres pictures ^^

Nuuuhh uh! Mary Anne is better.

2. Larry T

Larry T

10 pages, I guess we can go off topic-Mary Ann.

[​IMG]

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Enough, enough.
    This handy instructional website will allow us to impartially compare all the points offered and to reach a conclusion that will satisfy all as fair, even you poor bastards who are WRONG:

http://fatpita.net/?i=9608

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I vote for Lovey

Attached Files:

5. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!....just as it was getting good and we had 38,000 different opinions someone wants to stop it cause they think it is too many opinions........It's amazing their are this many different opinions on the same hobby......but one thing for sure....."WE ARE ALL CAR PEOPLE AND WE'LL FIGHT TO THE END TO DEFENT THE RIGHT OF EACH OTHERS OPINIONS"..........We could start our own political party...hehehe....REPUBLIDEMOLIBERAL........sounds nice

6. Well we all know the 32 was derived from the 30-31. They are close in appearance.
    Hot roders figure things out, that is just what they do.
    Take the cheaper A Coupe ( less favorable = cheaper) and put it on a 32 chassis ( from the less favorable 4 dr 32) and the 32 grille.
    Just built a better hot rod than a 32 because its cheaper than the 32 and has the better in every way 32 chassis. More money for go fast goodies. Close to the same general look.

7. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks for this. Excuse me now while I go to bed to dream!!!!!!!!!!!;) It's always sad to hear about these great collections being sold.

8. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Id don’t give a shit who you are
    If you don’t get what that coupes about your definitely in and or the wrong web site.

9. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I've been following this thread from the beginning hoping to have some great mysteries revealed to me. And it's made me realise that there are just two types of hot Rod to me, ones I like ones I don't. I just don't get hot rods and probably never will. What the hell are you all freaking arguing about?:confused::eek:
    Paul

10. cavman

cavman

Here, try this........I don't really care for either. But I think the '32 has much smoother lines, nothing sharp to hurt yourself on. The '32 is just more pleasing to the eye, stock or not. As far as egos about owning one over the other....I can see that, and have, with the 32's.

BTW, I own a '32 5w., but there are other cars I'd rather have.

11. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I heard he has over 2 dozen! All nice!!!

12. unsafe work is just that,--grow up.

13. Why the enormous price gap from 30/31 to 32 is the original question.
    But Some folks will argue with a fence post

14. car collectors !!

15. Bobby Kid and 296 v8 seem to need some consoling. You can always tell who is losing and argument. The best way to win is speak softly and politely. When you start using bad words you are not winning. When you speak softly the other person will focus on what you are saying. I do not think other people enjoy your response and I sure do not enjoy the comments between you.

16. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Oh im sorry I got up today thinking it was 10 years ago …. when putting down a killer (members!!!!) car would get you your ass torched off.
    I forgot this is the kind and gentle “PC” hamb now were we are all tolerant of everyone’s opinion…..even when they are off topic and totally out of line.

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Time for the GONG...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Model T1

Model T1

Why is the 32 the most sought out over the 30 or 31? Looks like for the price you can get a very close looking car for less money. So what is the reason?

The 32 Ford really is a much better improved car with a V-8 already installed. This made it the new choice of early rodders and that popularity has continued. So simple a kid could figure it out!:D

I love a Model A of any year in a coupe or roadster. But give me a choice and I'll gladly take the 32. Why? It's worth more and more rodders would kill for a 32 than a 31!

Now play nice boys and girls.:eek:
    <!-- / message -->

19. Model T1

Model T1

Just because a few of us disagree and a few are tired of reading the comments is no reason to close the tread. If you don't like it go play with your other toys and stop looking at the latest comments.:p

20. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

Mary ann wins hands down, unless Ginger lights up too....

32's are just like blonds, most are fake. But the real ones are good for at least one ride.

21. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

3 windows. if its not a 3 window, no point in saying its better. that and the visor not being there, but thats easily changed.

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Bruce, have you considered entering this for tech week? Could be a winner...

23. Model T1

Model T1

Don't forget, they built 3 window Model A's and non-visored model A's. I even saw them in Illinois! But no one uses bondo in Illinois.

24. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

are you talking about sport coupes? those are actually soft tops tho.(that dont fold down)

25. zeuglodon

zeuglodon

I love deuces.... but with all the the repro bodies they are definitely beginning to get a "belly button" feel, kinda like SBC's.

26. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

I would LOVE to have a deuce coupe, but hell, I can't even afford a glass deuce.

27. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

A lot of different opinions expressed here ... :)

1 ) Deuce guys taking up for their beloved Deuces ....
    2 ) Model A guys ... standing up for Model A's.
    3 ) Other folks who Do not have a clue !! about either 32's or Model A's.
    4 ) Then you have the HATERS ... folks who hate anything they do not have.
    5 ) Lastly, there is the S^*# stirers :(
    Folks who really have no opinions but just want to stir the S^*# :rolleyes:

Unfortunately ... this thread is like a LOT of threads here on the HAMB.
    Starts out good and then goes to HELL in a hand basket.

28. I have seen 3 window model A's, Sports Coupes. So, question. Was there a 3 window Coupe? Why don't you see them? Henry did make a few models of some things. Including aluminum car bodies.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Really, 11 pages of this nonsense? I dont have a horse in this race, I dont own a deuce, but SERIOUSLY?? Everyone knows the answer, this is just ridiculous. But theres never any shortage of self justification/delusion on the HAMB...:rolleyes:

30. Model T1

Model T1

There is no difinitive answer. It's like the other debate 39 Ford deluxe and 40 Ford deluxe.
    I like blondes, you like redheads. But we'd take both, either, or one of each. Maybe a hot brunette. Hell that fat bald gal don't look bad after a few more drinks ! :D
    Some comments are rediculous. Some are interesting. What amazes me about most threads is there's always guys bitchin that they go on two long and don't mean crap.
    Makes me wonder why they keep checkin back??????????:eek:
    I forgot. Is this a rediculous comment or an interesting one?
    Veeeery interesting!;)-----Warning: This post may contain satire