Register now to get rid of these ads!

40 Ford coupe--here I go again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olscrounger, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Goodlife

Goodlife

When I was trying to decide what color to go on my forty I saw your folkstone gray car in your albums and really liked it, as it goes with my gray hair I guess. My car
    is being painted this week and will get the flatty back soon. I just hope my car looks as good as the ones you have done and I will be interested to see the progression you make on your new project. Looks like you have a lot to work with.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  2. 4tford

4tford

maderia maroon on my tudor std, also have the sides of grill black and delux chrome headlight rings.

Attached Files:

3. swissmike

swissmike

40 Standards / 39 Deluxes rule. The front end design is more elegant IMO.
    Congrats on the car!

4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THX all--think I found a hood with no louvers--will see--leaning toward a dark maroon or Folkstone again--possibly Sahara Tan too--straight enough for black but have two black cars already which keep me very busy-inda like Gull grey as well--never seen one that color

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'd like to have that hood, send me a PM if you want to unload it

6. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

How about Lyon Blue?

Ford made a really nice maroon in the late 80's called Dark cabernet red. It came on Rangers.

7. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks all for the input--strongly leaning toward maroon--but louvered hood has to go as does the chrome grille--will start on it in a month or so.

8. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Great lookin 40!!!

9. I like it, but I have a thing for '40s.

10. Where the hell are you California guys finding these 40 coupes? DAMN! I'd love to just find one for sale...let alone one as nice as yours!
    I'd have to go with black paint...the only color for any 39-40 coupe IMHO.
    Congrats!

11. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Have fun. There is no way to not love '40 Fords of any description.

12. b-bob

b-bob

I agree, they are all great, i would n't say no to any style myself.

13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rocky said black as did my better half--just finished a blk 40 std sedan last week--have 2 black cars now and they keep me very busy looking nice--this will be my 1st std coupe (if I leave it one) of the 7 that have passed thru here in the last 10yrs-like the std look but prefer the deluxe dash--but this one has a very nice std dash,cluster and column (other that they put a clock in the glove box and it works !!) that has to go too along with the chrome grille and lovered hood--starting in a month--should be done by May

14. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Gull Grey is a very nice color and looks good on a forty. I saw a sedan painted that color at P-town this year.
    Lynn

15. Hey Tim,

I found these 40 pics online...is this coupe "Gull Gray"??

Murph

Attached Files:

16. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Whatever color it ends up, we know it will be gorgeous. Now about that chrome std grill, I like em. That was the whole reason for keeping mine a std. Thats what keeps the world spinning, isn't it.

17. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

well--went out and played with it a bit. Guy said eng was good--we ran comp ck, 60# oil pressure,fired right up--let it run a while--no issues--looks fresh inside too--it's an early (69) 350. Sent cluster off for resto--chassis has all the right stuff already. Some guy was after it as is but I said no--too hard to find good ones. Will blow apart right after new yr-frame off, etc.-should be painted and rolling by end of Feb--still have to pic color and find a good std hood with no louvers and a painted grille. Getting restless and need to get going.

Murph--that looks like Gull grey--leaning toward dark maroon or folkstone grey again

18. Hey Tim,

I'm pretty sure I'm going with my original color...Folkstone Grey, with distressed green interior. Already have the Green tinted windows from Chris Blattie. That combo should look great.

Murph

19. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Tim- here's a couple local coupes- maroon one is Dave West's, dove grey one is just about done. Still have a standard hood for you (no louvers). Steve

Attached Files:

20. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Tim, I vote for the original Mandarin Maroon or the Ford Truck Med Cabernet Red. Here is Bob V's latest from Portland and it is flawless.
    Lynn

Attached Files:

21. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve--really like the look of the grey one-and the dark maroon-will call you about the hood--need a good one--this louvered one is mint but not my style

22. bonesy

bonesy

I absolutely LOVE the '40 Standard Coupe. Way to go.

23. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I just sent my standard hood off to get as many louvers as the guy can put on it. Different strokes I guess.

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Tim you are a maniac in a good way...heard through the grapevine of a mint in parts stored for 40 years 40 Coupe? I will let you know.

25. B1RDMAN

B1RDMAN

SWEET CAR....
    GO MONEY GREEN lol...
    [​IMG]
    Course I'm partial.

I'm actually going off the beaten path...I'm not doing a 40 this time...I'm doing a '38 Gasser coupe for my pop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    But my Loves in the '40 to the end...
    Good Luck...I think I'm going to do a '40 sedan next...

26. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Dammit....why can't I find something this nice in Ohio? Duh!!!Nice find man.

27. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Birdman--love the green one-anxious to get going on this one--will be my 70th birthday present to my self--then off to the swap meets to jetison all the extra 40 stuff?? Probably will change my mind and keep the stuff though as there is always one more to do--already searching for another but haven't found a really good one yet-friend I did two for recently wants another one--he must be nuts.

28. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree on the chrome grill, but I'd leave it as a standard. I hope that car is as nice as it looks.

29. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

called a couple of Ford pts places--$1400 for a std hood--didn't want to buy a whole car-may just run the damn louvered hood or find someone within 300 miles who wants to trade--gotta get movin"

30. no55mad

no55mad

There may be a standard hood in Nipomo Ca - pm if you want a ph #.