Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air ride help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rats28, Sep 19, 2012.

1. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I'm wanting to bag a 1950 chevy truck... Stock frame except for nova front clip... I was trying to find someone in Louisiana to do the work but I don't even know were to begin lol... Any of you guys know which would be the best kit for the truck or know of anyone in Louisiana that could do it? Or is there a bolt on kit?

2. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

3. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

4. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

ship it to Nor cali to my place ill do it all for u. check out Airbagit.com

5. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Seein as your truck is a halfbreed there is no "silver bullet" kit that's plug and play....best bet is to build your own set up using what you prefer....

Coincidently I have a 49 AD with a camaro clip that's bagged.....check out my build thread it may give you some ideas.

6. hotrodbrad

hotrodbrad

Saltys got it right. You might have to spec out exactly what you want and give those directions to the local shop.

Where is all the bags are for grocery folks?

7. ponchofrailey

ponchofrailey

well the best place to find a place to airbag your truck is a minitruck show. like one thats happening a couple of weeks..
    Cajun Nationals
    September 29-30—Alexandria, LA
    we pioneered the air bag game in the early 90's most of us have graduated to classic mods. The front end will be easy just some s10 cups and a couple of dominators. i would 4 link the back. run two viar compressors for 200 psi at least ten gallons of air run 3/8 inch line.
    look these guys up they know there stuff.
    http://thorbros.com/

jump on this forum
    http://www.s10forum.com/forum/

ignore the bs with the grade school kids and look at some builds.

you can pm me. i bagged my first truck in 95 when there was no kits you just built it. now a days its a credit card and a catalog. so i have a little idea what im talking about.

8. cain

cain
    from riverside

The 2 link kit is easy to install . Check the You Tube for jimenez bros customs . The video install will show you and you can do it yourself. We also have front ends for your truck.

JIMENEZ BROS CUSTOMS

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Airbagit.com's stuff is pure junk.

10. Ya I would say you have more then a little bit of an idea.Spoken like a pioneer of new style stance.

11. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

i wouldnt know cuz i never bought anything from them

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Avoid them, and any entity of the Hoffman Group (Helix), like the plague.

You get what you pay for, and there is a very solid reason why they are so cheap. Saving money on suspension, or going short on the engineering could be suicide, or homicide.

Deals too good to be true are. Designs that deviate from from accepted engineering principals should be considered suspect.

You will find examples of all of these, on this board. Be aware.

13. cain

cain
    from riverside

Our 2 link kit for the trucks is now gonna come with an additional kit to raise your bed wood up above the step notch.
    JIMENEZ BROS CUSTOMS