Register now to get rid of these ads!

I bought a 1961 Cadillac Eldorado GM factory custom off craigslist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nads, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Paint

Paint

Awesome car Nads, the front plate in this picture is from 1976.

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I showed my balls to a golf geek, heee heee, one's a Titleist 5 and the other a Jack Nicklaus, according to him both of them have spaced dimples and are unlike modern golf balls, they're denser and heavier.

There was an event honoring Walter Hagen in 1967 at Traverse City G & C Club, he was never a member though.

WQ59B, so far you have been the most informative about numbers, thank you.

The car was repainted and the color on it now is somewhat darker than the original, it's got the original paint on the dashboard and parade boots.

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tracing MI ownership usually stops at 7yrs. If it's been sitting, title jumped, etc, no records. There may be an archive somewhere, but the state budgets are fucked and help is, well, nevermind...

4. Hey Nads. Very cool! When's the parade? Happy to hear my bro' was there for the "maiden voyage". Keep it "as-is". They're only original once.

5. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Your bro got it running in 20 minutes flat.

I just yanked the water pump to send it out to get rebuilt, can't wait to stretch her legs and blow the cobwebs out the gold painted Midas brand mufflers.

6. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

That is an awesome find. I can barely find the stuff I am looking for on CL, let alone awesome stuff I wasn't looking for. :D

7. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

FWIW, the car in the background is a 1977 Chevrolet Impala/Caprice. Late 1976?

8. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Great find, great thread. Just don't tuck it away and not let people see it!

9. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

Very cool car. Probably the most unique aspect of the car, IMO, is the console/floorshift and buckets. Has it been determined if they are factory pieces from another GM car, like a Oldsmobile Starfire? Or are they totally custom one-offs? The steering column also had to be a one-off also. We'd appreicate more info on these pieces.
    What was the first Cadillac with a floor shifter --> the 1982 Cimmaron??

10. :confused::confused::confused:

This certainly must be an attempt at "tongue in cheek" humor! To take something of extreme value and defile it to be worth much less is just not a wise strategy. There are plenty of ordinary cars of minimal value that a person could put their own mark on. This car will has the power to transform your financial well-being for life!
    Danmanman, being quiet suits you better than this drivel!

~Alden

11. There were plenty of floor shift Cads prior to the fifties!

~Alden

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Totally one off, I can't find anything that looks even close. The horn button is one off as is all the door trim and grab handles.

13. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I think he's having us on. I am by nature a cut and shave type of guy but I know when to leave well enough alone.

14. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

OK, then let's go with --> What was the first year Cadillac with AUTOMATIC floor shifter? ;)
    I'm thinking NONE in any 50s or 60s Cadillac.

In my mind, the floor shifter/buckets/console REALLY make this car OVER THE TOP. Of course, I'm not minimizing the other bitchin' one-off features of the exterior, but WOW, that interior!

15. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The best thing to do with trolls is to ignore their posts.

16. Damn, thats awesome

17. the-rodster

the-rodster

18. 48bufordsled

48bufordsled
    from u.k.

Hey, Nads, just found this thread. Great score !
    How you doing ?

Paul

19. onlyonthurs62

onlyonthurs62

hahahaha

20. Can Skip and I come over and sniff the parade boot?:D

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Of course.

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Doing good Paul, come visit soon, we still talk about our little visit to the Florida swamp junkyard.

24. Ebert

Ebert

Sweet Nads!

(can't believe I just typed that....)

25. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I dont even usually like cadillacs but holy shit that thing is cool!!

26. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

Nads, I dont care much for old cars, but I collect all things having to do with National Cherry Queens from the 1970's!!!! :D

Seriously, fantastic car, fantastic story, thanks for sharing!!

(nice house too)

27. The seats look to me like standard issue 59-64 buckets although I'm sure the uhpolstery treatment is unique. It wouldn't be hard to compare them to a set from another car. The rest pretty much would have depended on what sort of budget they got to build it - but if they could do fiberglass body panels, the console would be no big deal to make either.

Somewhere in here there's a joke about that girl being the cherry queen no longer, too.

28. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

The buckets appear to be the 'hard back' seats used 1958-1961 in Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick and Olds cars. They were special order only. They're exceedingly rare and expensive if you can find them these days. 1962 and newer were a different style.

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I believe that's what they are, the aluminum band on these are covered in leather though, but the square molding on the back is the same as the 58-61 seats. They are electric but the only adjustment is backwards and forwards, and of course the backs flip forward to gain entry to the back.

30. thats a great cadillac! great find congrats