Register now to get rid of these ads!

What makes the 32 Ford cpe better than the 31

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pearl31, Sep 17, 2012.

1. I have one 31 and four 32's, does that say enough :D

Hennie

2. dad-bud

dad-bud

Comparing a 31 A Coupe to a 32 Coupe is like comparing Oprah with Beyonce, or (insert your comparo here).
    Night and day - one's beautiful and the other ain't.
    Next question.............!!!!!!?????

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I beg to differ....

IMG_9587.jpg

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

it's still a model a coupe.

6. msalamanca

msalamanca

That yellow one is ugly.

7. msalamanca

msalamanca

8. Also not a fair comparison,
    stock A to worked over 32.

9. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

The 32' frame looks a lot better IMO. The rear mounted gas tank, the flush fit doors, slanted A pillars, more interior room, etc. just add in as a bonus! The frame is what does it for me but a 30 or 31 on a duece frame is pretty damn sweet too!

10. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

It isn't a fair show a model a with a 32 grill shell and 32 rails... those are the things that make a 32 better!!

11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I was given a choice, 32 3W, 33-4 3W, 36 3W, I'm all over the 36. I completely get it about 32s, I also wouldn't mind doing one some day (have a plan!). But as an ultimate early V8 hot rod, 36 all the way. Just adding some Irish Cream to this coffee...

12. It only matters IMHO if ya want it how Mr. Henry built it, btw I love my '31

13. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I love my 31 also, but the 32 has those few little details, the swoop of the doors, the reveals in the back quarters, that just make it "right". in my case my old A roadster body was what I could afford, and I enjoy it a lot, but I built it on an unpinched 32 chassis....just in case the phone rings one day and someone wants to know if I want a free original 32 roadster, 3w or vicky body they have in the barn...

14. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

A 32 3 window is my dream car, OK. Well that a Cobra Coupe. But I would take a 32 3 window over my 31 anyday. But I personally think a full fendered 30/31 with a duece grill is the best of both worlds. Visor to me adds a real cool look, and how can you argue with a duece grill..

15. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

The fact that you can brag and say you have a "deuce"

16. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Aside from the obvious engineering improvements and the introduction of the flathead v8, just put a chopped Model A (with a model A grille) highboy and a chopped Deuce highboy in front of a non car person and see which one they gravitate to.

17. ____________________

'32'S ARE A LOOK.

ART IN MOTION!! IS WHAT IT IS.

You can buy a real nice Model A in the high 20's and a real nice '32 in 50 to 70's. I have seen 32's 3-window Highboys and full fendered Roadsters steel cars, of course, sell for 100K. Also, my opinion, the smooth lines of the '32 are unmistakenly the look.
    Unfortunately, investors and car collectors, WHICH THERE ARE MANY, have pushed the '32 and many other cars out of reach for everyone else. This puts '32's in a class by themselves. '32's have always been the choice of hot rodders.

" Real hot rods don't have fenders "

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  18. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

lmao

19. CJTORINO

CJTORINO
    from nowhere.

wanna bet?

20. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Horse shit. This car is more Beautiful than 99% of the 32's out there.

These pics are also for the "deuce rails" crown. Granted, it has a deuce shell, but like I said earlier it's the builder and the styling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Larry T

Larry T

Yep.

BTW, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the A^^^^^^^. It's a well finished and nicely detailed car.

[​IMG]

22. I've got a '32, but there's a black primered '28-'29 coupe around here that just knocks my socks off. Full fendered, with big & littles, with fronts in the crowns of the fenders and rears that look so big that you'd have trouble getting them off. Just perfect tire/wheel size in a cute little coupe. And man, were the driver and passenger grinning. That would be my next choice in a hot rod. Good Grief! What am I talking about? I said I was going to quit after the '32.

23. Camm

Camm

Did not know a 32 was better than a 31............................................

24. brady1929

brady1929

it all boils down to TASTE, PREFERENCE, and MONEY

25. dudley32

dudley32

because my name has a 32 in it...

26. This is the best expenation I have ever heard!

27. froghawk

froghawk

Apples vs. Oranges.

28. Ok,how about a fair comparison,,HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lets face it,with the kind of talent that can be found here on the Hamb both cars can become outstanding hot rods,,and this still is a hot rod site ain't it?

I've owner Model A's and 40 Fords,,I've also owned Falcons,VW's and Dodge Vans.

I don't think Deuces are better than Model A's,,there just the car I fell in love with 50 years ago and what I personal prefer.

I never realize until this post that the Model A guys are just as anal as us Deuce guys,,,:D HRP

29. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

"I can't believe you're on this board if you have to ask".

i don't think that was what he was saying. i think he meant, with all the posts about '32s how could you not know why.

it's kinda like asking "why would you want a good looking woman, when there is so many ugly ones out there?":)

i have owned two '32s,and still own one of them, but i would love to have a '28-'29 roadster on deuce rails. to me a '30-'31 is too close to some parts of a '32 to waste your money on, i prefer to have a car that looks like a '32 to be a '32.

-danny

30. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

When I look at a '32 compared to a '30/'31......makes me think that Henry Ford told Sam Foose to customize a '30/'31 like he would want it..........a '32 to me has all the trick things done from the factory that I'd want to do to a '30/'31.........don't get me wrong...I like all year Model A's.....but the '32 frame just kinda cleans things up and really makes the car nice for a Fenderless Hot Rod.......my problem, I don't have enough money to own one of each done the way I want.