Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Best All Around Car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by critchdizzle, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Whoa Cowboy...you're painting a picture with a pretty wide brush there! :)

[​IMG]

2. Retrorod

Retrorod

My 1935 Tudor sedan makes a pretty good "do it all" driver.

Did Route 66 from the beach to Lake Michigan...been all over the country as well.

As long as you don't get closer than 50 yards it looks pretty damn good too.

3. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Most things built before '64 were the best all around cars.

4. moefuzz

moefuzz

We could only hope.

5. moefuzz

moefuzz

So your not gonna dignify a response to "shit 10",
    I can agree to that but somehow you still think an avatar showing a gay brit at the height of anal orgasm is cool???

- :confused:

wtf????

6. this one's got it all!

Attached Files:

7. diamond jeff

diamond jeff
    from montana

A 60-64 full size more door or wagon. Great ride,reliability,price,parts availibility,room for friends,great go to work everday drivers. I built my 63 bellflower style for $2600.00 and that included purchase price.

8. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

Laughed out loud at that one! I enjoy the look of determination on Homer's face.

9. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

He hangs out with a Federation, you hang out with an Alliance. Are you really all that different?

Besides, resistance is futile.

10. Once again, squirrel is the voice of simple reason.

I also get tired of the "Tri-fives suck", "Fords suck", "belly button SBC", bullshit. Maybe I'm getting old and just no longer have the patience and tolerance for the ridiculous juvenile crap. I like cool old cars, regardless of brand. I'm primarily a Chevy guy because that's what I know and love. Do I think Fords or Mopars or Pontiacs suck? No, that would be ignorant and stupid.

To the OP - Decide on cars that you like and buy the best condition car you can find for the money. From the parameters you outlined, I'm guessing something from the early-50s to early 60's might be a good fit. Make sure you have the skills and resources to work on it or at least the motivation to learn.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  11. I'm thinking shoebox Ford, four-door. Chop it 3 inches in the front, 3 1/2 in the back, 302/AOD/8.8, Aerostar springs in the front, 3" lowering blocks in the back.

12. Heck yeah, why not?