Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flapper's 55 gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mudflap65, Jan 17, 2012.

1. 55 gasser pickup

55 gasser pickup
    from utah

Just like my dumb ass spelling says.VIDOES:cool:

2. mudflap65

mudflap65

It never ends!! I went to Shannonville, first run rear end broke, this is not much fun anymore. But I will stick with it until I am in the 10's again. Will be back together for Milan

Flap

Attached Files:

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

The price of VICTORY Flapper!
    keep going!

4. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

sorry about that----what brand axles and ring gear?

5. Hey Flap;
    Your pile of "used parts" is getting way to big buddy...This is supposed to be fun!!!

Good luck ,and hope to see you in Milan.

Rick
    ===========================================

6. Wow, sorry you broke it again but you're sure giving it hell and not pussyfooting it.

7. mudflap65

mudflap65

Axles are from Bear's, I spoke to Kevin yesterday and he did not know I was running Detroit locker and Jerico 4 speed when I first order the axles, probably should have told him that, so.. his suggestion was to go with 35 spline axles and a spool and of course new gears. It is under way and hoping to be together this weekend hopefully. I want to go to Cayuga for test and tune, I need it, if not I will be at Milan!!

I forgot to mention the rad let go on the same run the gears went, WHATEVER!!

Flap

8. A-Wall

A-Wall

Awesome car and awesome build. I'm from Windsor and go to GB and St.Thomas all the time so maybe I'll see the car in person someday.

Quick question, What rims are you using for front runners? I'm having a hell of a time finding skinny 15" stealies.

9. mudflap65

mudflap65

The rims up front are original 55 chevy 15"

10. A-Wall

A-Wall

Thanks!

11. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ah yes...the joys of racing ! As long as your still having fun is what counts. That is why I only try to run the four local nostaglia meets a year. I fix cars everyday. I don't want to be fixing mine every week-end. Been there,done that.
    My father always told me " a chain is only as strong as its weakest link". He was right. Good luck. Car looks great by the way !

12. jim_ss409

jim_ss409

You've packed about five years worth of bad luck into one year. The way I see it, the racing gods owe you a few years of good luck.

I hope you make it to Milan and run well into the tens.

13. I would like to say that after blowing my engine the first time out and breaking the axle and hitting the guard rail the second time out. It's been a lot of fun since, don't give up just yet !

14. mudflap65

mudflap65

Here we go again, getting ready for Milan but I just received my axles and they were made to the specs of my other car, the 57, they do not fit!! So... there was a mix up and I will not be running at Milan, piss me right off!! The whole season seems to have gone this way. I was really looking forward to Milan. When I came back from Milan last year I said I will build the 55 and be back next year to Milan, well the 55 came together but she had a few mishaps along the way!! I will be at St. Thomas next weekend I hope!!

Flap

15. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Sorry to hear Flap, we were looking forward to seeing you this weekend and your car would have been a hit. Next year is your year to shine without issues.

Jon

16. A-Wall

A-Wall

Come to the track day my some of my friends are putting on.

http://www.facebook.com/events/358110874274878/

True Street
    Cost: $45
    Rules: You can make ANY changes to your car. The only stipulation is that all tools, supplies, tires, fluids, or fuels must be contained in the vehicle which is participating in the class on the drive up. This includes people, if you have a co-driver with you they may help you setup your car. No one else may help work on your car, or bring supplies for you.

We will meet at the first on route service station "Tilbury South" between exits 56 and 63 at 8:30 the convoy will leave at 9am SHARP.

The group will drive together, there will not be chase vehicle. The cars will start going down the track at 11:30am, if you are not in the lanes at 11am you are disqualified.

The winner will be the fastest of 3 average passes, if you fail to complete 3 passes you are disqualified.

Check in with Matt Sommerdyk at the service center to register.

Run What Ya Brung
    Cost: $45
    Rules: Run What Ya Brung. Will be run 1/8th mile.

Two test passes. After test passes names will be drawn from a hat to match up competitors. Will be run elimination style from there out.

This class is open for PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY through Mike Graham at 519-999-1320.

It is suggested you run faster than a 6.50 1/8th mile and will be disqualified if you run faster than 5.399.

Chicago Style Eliminations
    Cost: $45 (Only $5 additional dollars if you've already paid to run true street!)
    Rules: Quarter Mile

Between 2 and 3 qualifying runs (depending on car count). Your best ET during qualifying will determine your bracket for the single elimination round.
    (1st Place will race 2nd place, 3rd place will race 4th place, etc).

This class is designed for cars running slower than 10.0 in the quarter mile. This is a hard limit, if you break out you will be disqualified and have to wear a funny hat. You cannot keep the hat.

All eligible racers are encouraged to enter this class, the elimination round will generate some close races.

Test & Tune
    All of the above classes include T&T all day.
    Otherwise, cost of T&T is $35.

Grudge racers: Make your call outs in here so we can organize them ahead ot the event as much as possible.

We will record them on a board at the event which can be added to during the event as more call outs happen. Wins of races on the board will be recorded.

We will try and designate 2 staging lanes specifically for grudge racers to match up when the time comes and have pairs of racers match up in the pits and come to the lanes in pairs.

Undefeated cars will be announced later in the day so they can be targeted for call outs and determine an overall grudge winner!

Spectators are $10

17. mudflap65

mudflap65

I finally received my first trophy!! Doc grab one of my bent up pistons and presented this to me on the weekend. Really COOL!! "Photoman" Jim Madigan with the pics again! Car should be together for St Thomas, just waiting for axles!!

Flap

Attached Files:

18. Forrest Gump would be proud....lol
    I got a hard luck trophy last year at the Gasser Series banquet for blowing my engine first time out. The engine blow up sucked big time but the trophy took some sting out of it.

19. Hope to see you on the weekend Flap..Man you have had a TON of bad luck..
    Next season should be trouble free ...you replaced everything !!!!!

Rick
    ======================================================

20. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

cool trophy-----i think ----;)

21. mudflap65

mudflap65

Went to Cayuga test and tune on the weekend, car ran good with new carb tune up. Car ran a 6.90 in the 1/8th, it was a cold day and pretty slick. At least the car went to the line and came back to the trailer without the help of a tilt and load. The car did an impressive wheelie caught on camera by Jim Madigan

22. mudflap65

mudflap65

Wheelie pic

Attached Files:

23. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

24. Ha ha, that look on your face says it all, glad to hear you got from A to B

25. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice ! This is what makes us put up with all the aggravation, broken parts etc. Car look's great.

26. novabbc

novabbc

Looks great Flap! Can you PM me with your phone # when you get a chance. Thanks!

27. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

great build thread, thanks for sharing,I saw your 57 a few times , nice car :D

28. mudflap65

mudflap65

Have not updated in a while. Tranny has been re-done, Jerico needed a new case, not cheap!! Car was lettered by Mike at MJ Signs, FANTASTIC job!!. The car looks great live. Getting ready for the Hamilton airport show then time to start pounding some gears. Hopefully we stay together a little more this year!!

Attached Files:

29. ardyboy

ardyboy

30. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Hey Flapper, You for got to tell us about the Trophy Whore you have become. LOL. After winning the big one at MEGA SPEED this weekend. :rolleyes:
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Larry.