Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Dad is in Hospis care

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jandlcars, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I lost my dad 9 years ago. He was with the 5th Army Air Corps in the Pacific flying as a gunner on B 25's. He was damned proud of his cap with it's 25 mission crush.

Gents I know words don't help a lot but you and your dads are in my prayers.

2. Can't say anything that you haven't already heard. I read your post and it made me appreciate your Dad and his service to keep us and my family safe and free. God Bless you and keep you and your family lifted up during this time.

3. I salute your Dad for his service to this country. He is a product of the greatest generation that has ever lived. All those men fought for the freedom that we have today. We will always honor what they did. God bless.

4. My dad passed away at 2:15 this AM
    said he acpted the Lord Jeasus last weak
    Thank You for all your Prayers
    Jim

5. 1952henry

1952henry

May you and yours have peace and solace in the Lord's love.

6. Roy's ride

Roy's ride
    from Michigan

Going through the same path as you are, I am truly sorry for your loss Jim. Thank you for starting this thread. It has provided comfort when it has been needed. jeff

7. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

Before my father went to the hospis I would go to see him at his home.
    We just said hello and a few pleasentries and just sat and watched TV together.
    There was no need to talk, we just needed to be together.

Take the time to be together before its to late.

8. Truckedup

Truckedup

This^^^,a person is never really dead until all those that remembered them are gone.Other than that , nothing will ease the loss.

9. Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully Hospice helped his final days be more peaceful and less painful.

10. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Condolences and prayers for your loss, and thank you Jesus for not giving up on Jim's dad.

11. dad-bud

dad-bud

Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Nothing will lessen the pain, but in time it wil help if you can focus on the good times you can remember with him.

12. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Jim..

Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Another member of the greatest generation who served his country faithfully. There's a saying that old Aviators don't die but head (fly) west. So here's a pic to honor your dad..

Bill

[​IMG]

13. Sorry for your loss, prayers of strength and understanding as you move forward.

14. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

Godspeed, my friend. My Father was in Hospice. They helped save us all.

15. captmullette

captmullette

god bless you and yours.......

16. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Prayers for you and your family

17. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I have lots of Vets from the Greatest Generation in my family, and namely my father, Maj. Francis L. Walp USAF Ret'd, who also has passed. Six years and it's still shitty.
    I had the pleasure of speaking to a 92 yr old the other day. He was a bombardier on a B24 in the European theater......wow.....

18. 40grit

40grit

What a blessing to know he turned to the Lord. It is impossible to comprehend the love and grace he offers us. I know you will greatly miss him.

John L

19. ZAPPER68

ZAPPER68
    from BC

I feel your pain, our Father passed away 3 1/2 years ago and our Mom this past June. It's not easy but time is great healer....I think of them both every day. Hang in there my friend...

20. Thank You All for your prayers and support
    Hospice was there at his home to make his time left peasfull
    they were a blessing to my mother when dad was asleep they would help my mother with dishes and things
    he will be missed like many othet fathers but not forgoten

21. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

So sorry to hear of your loss. My mother passed a year ago and Hospis was a great help in helping all of us let her go. I know she is in a better place as she had been a born again Christian for many years and it is so wonderful to hear that your father accepted the Lord's call before leaving you.

Frank

22. Roy's ride

Roy's ride
    from Michigan

As I mentioned before Jim I was only a few days behind you on this same path. My Dad, Harold "Bud" Knudsen passed early this morning at our home with courage and dignity. He had just turned 88. Thank you again for starting this thread and I am sorry I selfishly jumped in on it but it did provide me much needed support. I wish the best for you and your family. I also cannot say enough about Hospice care. jeff

23. custom50

custom50
    from Indiana

Prayers for you and your family this is always a sad thing to lose a loved one. My wife and I are driving 75 miles each way trying to help her 86 year old uncle. We are taking him for more tests today then we will take him to lunch. While they are living all a person can do is try to treat them with kindness.

custom50

24. The Bomber

The Bomber
    from mass.

Myself and others know how you feel,you're not alone, we feel for you.God Bless.

25. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

God bless you and yours in this time of sorrow.
    Leo

26. Very sorry for your loss. Prayers and thoughts sent.

27. Prayers for you and your family Jeff
    this is not a thread about just 1 person
    there is a place for all
    Thank you all again
    jim

28. 40grit

40grit

I just want to express my condolences to both Jim and Jeff. I know there is nothing that will take the pain away from loosing a loved one but I also know it is a blessing to have the support and prayers of those around who care. God bless both of your fathers as well as you and your families.

John Long

29. i was not there
    my mother said that the service was good
    Bureyed my dad today 1: Cal time

30. 40grit

40grit

I know being so far away has been difficult for you. I am thankful you were able to spend the time with him.

John L