Register now to get rid of these ads!

What makes the 32 Ford cpe better than the 31

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pearl31, Sep 17, 2012.

1. pearl31

pearl31

Why is the 32 the most sought out over the 30 or 31? Looks like for the price you can get a very close looking car for less money. So what is the reason?

2. About 20,000 little ones

3. I am not a deuce guy so take what I am going to say with a grain of salt but what makes the duece worth more is popularity and that comes from promotion.

Now past that if you look at the pros ans cons the deuce has a little more room inside and the chassis is head and shoulders above anything that ford had to offer in the model A era, better looking stouter etc.

4. qzjrd5

qzjrd5
    from Troy, MI

Ok, I'll start. The '32 removed the visor and slanted the A pillar. Pretty neat lookin'. Then you add the infamous grille shell, the V8, and the tall sculpted frame side. Oh yeah, the dashboard is beautiful as well. The Model A's just threw some gauges on the back side of the gas tank.

This all comes from a guy that owns a '29 roadster.

5. Because they will make any male 20% more attractive to a female......Model A only 15%.

6. Larry T

Larry T

Because it's close, but not a 32.

32 is a one year deal and is accepted (by old hotrodders) as THE car that personifies hotrods.

And they've been that way for as long as I can remember (late 1950's) and, according to all reports, before that.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  7. I can't imagine that question being asked on this board. The answers are so obvious.

8. brad chevy

brad chevy

Only 2 posts and already opening up a cans of worms. You'll fit in good here.

9. racemad55

racemad55

That's what I was driving when I met my wife to be! 32' 5 window

10. There's about 15 so far.
    Personifies hot rods ? Well that one can hold a million or more finer points.

11. The '32 is the quintessential HOT ROD,,always has been always will be. HRP

12. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

The fact that you'll never find one for under 10grand

13. Larry T

Larry T

Everything's open to opinions, but that's the way it is in Larry's World. :D

BTW, I've owned Model A's, no 32's.

14. titus

titus

nothing makes it better, they were just more popular and sought after, i like models As and 32s.

15. Looks like for the price you can get a very close looking car for less money.

If you think they are close, then you'll be happy with the model A.

16. millersgarage

millersgarage

The 32 was the first year for the v8 from Ford.
    The chassis is far superior to a Model A

17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Close the doors on the flush-fit '32. Now close the overlap slam-bang Model A.

Coachwork and build technique was quite advanced on the '32 V8 and Model B.

18. I know some guys don't like '32's and would rather have a Model A.

I've had both and prefer the Deuce. HRP

19. I personally think you would have to have a 3 window to make the big difference to me. Thats what sets it appart as far as the body goes in my opinion. The frame is better but people do deuce rail swaps on As that turn out nice.

I'll brace for the $hit storm ahead and say I would go with the model A because I think its a better bang for your buck.

that doesnt mean I wouldnt want to toss a deuce grill and frame under it, it just means they are more affordable

20. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 32 has a longer wheelbase, a fuel tank in the rear and a much smoother look. :)
    The grille is much better looking and the 32 has none of the hicups found on a Model A. Better looking bumpers also. Add the V8 engine, better chassis and improved EVERYTHING ... the 32 wins hands down for most folks.

There were a little over 220 thousand 32's ... and over 4 million Model A's. So 32's are harder to find. The reason for so few 32's being made was the Great Depression. Folks wanted them but had no money.

32's are a diease !!
    I know ... I have a pair of them :D :D

[​IMG]

21. Larry T

Larry T

Very true.

22. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

They're not "SO OBVIOUS" to me. Not to mention I'm here to learn and not to hear, "I can't believe you're on this board if you have to ask".

Do you REALLY only want guys on here that have the same level of experience and the same favorites as you do? NOt trying to be as 'hole and maybe you didn't mean it that way but that's the way I read it.

23. the Ford V8 introduced in 32 was a benchmark. Guys just wanted to go faster than model a's at the time went, so from 32 on, the v8 cars were the preferred ones..and of course the styling, stronger frame, more room, and the longer wheelbase was the icing on the cake...and that TRADITION has carried forward through the generations. my 2 cents

24. ...but then again, I have a model A coupe....and I like it, too, just fine.

25. lucky ink

lucky ink

In Life, if you don't have at least a pair of Deuces you might as well fold your cards :D
    Pretty much sums it up...lol

26. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

The deuce "IS" the American Hot Rod. Once you have one it's like an addiction. I'm on my 3rd one. I like Model A's as well . But Deuces are Wild..............

27. pitman

pitman

A deuce is a beautiful first year model of the streamliner era.
    A '31 A is the last of the carriages. I've had A's for 25 years and 110K miles.
    A deuce is both classic and easy on the eye.
    An A is cheaper by far and lighter.
    You tell me which one makes for a better rod.
    It's just a matter of preference.

28. 3030

The model A is just a poor mans Deuce!

29. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

I've owned both, but kept the 32.

Comparing the 31 to a 32 is like comparing....

a Chevette to a Corvette or a

Pinto to a Pantera :D

30. I like them both but the 32 is just my favorite.

If the model A was more desirable or worth more I would still like the 32 better.

No visor, rounded lines etc. Just looks like a cool car to me.