Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. percboy5

percboy5
    from ohio

[​IMG]

Ohio town (unknown)

2. lewislynn

lewislynn

Everyone knew that after their first exploration.
    It was all about the thrill of the hunt.

3. automaticslim

automaticslim
    from new jersey

And Notary Sojac.

4. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am going to guess Hudson,no GM,Chrysler or Ford product I know had a hood that opened that way in the 30s.

5. Truck tire,s are legal to regoove if the say regroovable on the sidewall. I have some brand new recapped raidials. they a 16 in truck tires recapped with a rough tread. Ive seen hundreds of recapped radial big truck tires. Recaps dont last very well at high speeds,heavy loads or hot weather. Ive had a lot of radials fail due to belts coming apart. My dad once had a set of 10 ply coop grip spur coop 16 bias on a old pickup. When they would get worn smooth he would get them recapped. He had the same casings recapped three times. there was a glue on recap called Bandag. Those would come loose and beat the crap outta your vehicle.

6. I remember you could have your good carcasses recapped for $10 a tire and if you drove like an ol' man (or woman) you could get 20-30 thousand miles from the recaps. Back then, new tires only lasted 40K miles at best.
    A buddy worked in a cap shop, hot, dirty and very hard work.

7. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

I remember recap tires,rebuilt batteries(tar topped after rebuild)Rebuilt spark plugs, and re-refined oil all being sold at the automotive section of the local department stores and the recapper buying casings from the first service station I worked for in 1970 along with someone that bought all our drain oil for heating greenhouses.

8. swi66

swi66

9. swi66

swi66

10. swi66

swi66

11. Tucker Fan 48

Tucker Fan 48
    from Maui

Corner of South Main St and West Court St in Bowling Green Ohio

12. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

[​IMG]

We posted this photo of the "Round Door Rolls" last week and many more photos have since been sent in by readers. We have also uncovered many interesting details on this very interesting one-off car on The Old Motor.

[​IMG]

13. Jim Nise

Jim Nise

14. ropat

ropat
    from Argentina

Can't be 1925, the four cars are Auburns, first is a Cabriolet and second is a Convertible Sedan that first appeared in 1928 and this one seems more like the 1929 or 30 model, judging by the winged wheel knock-offs and the position of the side mounted spare attaching bracket and lock.

15. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"WOW!----Check out those dual lights"!!!!:D

16. 55bird

55bird
    from Spokane WA

Wow. Two of the favorite cars I owned, the T-Bird on the left (tho I had a 55) and the big Healey on the right, tho this one was probably a 4cyl, considering the era.

17. John F

John F

18. John F

John F

[​IMG]

I believe it's actually a model of a scene

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  19. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Well 8 out of 11 are officers, not usually seen on any gun enplacement

20. christmas tree

christmas tree

The photo is origional and the projectile is canester I think. Upon fireing the bolt holding it together breaks and now we have a gigantic shotgun.

21. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Not a model but an actual Civil war photo of a NY gun emplacement.Since it is a posed photo I suspect that's why so many officers are in it and yes smaller forms of this ammo was referred to as grape shot.

22. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Yes they are very deceptive and I often get people claiming photoshop when they see pictures of my 6'6" nephew driving my 66 and 67 Mustang Juniors. However they actually have a lot of room since the seat back is even with the rear axle and the gas and brake pedals are out by the grille. They also did a great job of mounting the steering high above the legs just under the hood so you can get in and out.
    Here is a video of my niece (his sister) that is 6'2" getting out http://youtu.be/R0Dkw5AxMTs
    And here is Pizza Hut's first television commercial that featured a 65 Mustang JR http://youtu.be/KdK9j-J4au4
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

23. Smirnoff

Smirnoff

Garden City, Michigan.....the 1st Kmart store!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.