Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kustom Kings Watson's Drive-in Car Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smoothie51, Jul 10, 2012.

1. smoothie51

smoothie51

The 8<SUP>th</SUP> annual Kustom Kings’ Benefit Car Show will be held Saturday, September 15 from 10am ~ 3pm, at Watson’s Drive-In at 631 W. Main Street, in historic downtown Denison TX. This is an open show, and all makes and models are welcome -- the first 50 entries will receive a dash plaque.

Registration is by donation at check-in, and proceeds from the show benefit local charity.<O:p</O:p

Kustom Kings will present multiple awards for show picks, plus an Atlas Speed & Custom special award will be given by Jamie Geesling. In addition, show participants will vote for their favorite Kustom Kings (Host) club car. We will have a 50/50 pot, auction for donated items and raffle for door prizes.<O:p</O:p

Great Watson Drive-in food -- burgers, sandwiches, fries, shakes, and cold drinks -- will be available during the show. Rock & Roll music will be provided by SPLIT WINDOW Productions.<O:p</O:p

Please come join us for a great show and a good time. For more information: call Augie @ 972-418-5228 nite or email me at [email protected]. If you, your company or car club would like to provide a cash donation or donate raffle/auction items please contact me.<O:p</O:p

Attached Files:

2. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

Sounds like a good time - hope to be there (with a finished car)!

3. manhugos my bitch

manhugos my bitch
    from nor cal

4. rittmeister

rittmeister
    from texas

Hi Augie!! We'll be there with the Hawk. looking forward to it!
    Cash

5. smoothie51

smoothie51

The event T-shirt is special this year: Lanny Erickson's custom '56 Chevy, Violet Fantasy. Attached is a shot. Sizes available at the show include Children M & L, as well as adult sizes up to 3X.

September 19 (after the show) -- we only have 4 Small shirts left for sale. If interested, PM me and let me know. These are absolute classic shirts and will never be repeated.

December 4 -- I have 2 Small and 2 Large shirts left.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  6. Hope you have a great turn out Augie!

7. smoothie51

smoothie51

Thanks Dr. Dave. Wish you could join us.

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

9. smoothie51

smoothie51

No pics of the show since it hasn't happened yet. There are some pics of past show that can be pulled up.

Our show is this coming Saturday, September 15. I am coordinating the show this year, and will be super busy making the show successful. HAMB members need to come support the show and take lots of shots ... and post them.

10. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

We will be there Augie.

11. EColey

EColey
    from Denison

Last year wasn't to bad, I think this year should be better. I know I am looking foward to attending.

12. After the Kustom Kings show in Denison this Saturday, meet up around the grassy area and we will have a fun little cruise down some back roads across the river, up into Oklahoma, with a stop at Love`s in Colbert, then back to Smitty`s in Denison for food / drinks.
    Unofficial start time of "about 4".
    Traditional hot rods, trucks and bikes welcome!

13. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

The Atlas Speed and Custom award.

Attached Files:

14. EColey

EColey
    from Denison

So who one the Atlas Trophy? I won a folding chair, I was hoping for a T-shirt.

15. smoothie51

smoothie51

The Atlas shop trophy was won by Jake Christmas and his '60 Olds. Good call Jamie.

16. Yep, very cool car indeed, and a damn cool guy too. Congrats.

17. rittmeister

rittmeister
    from texas

I saw that Olds pulling in, it's a sweet ride..Congrats!!:D
    Cash