Register now to get rid of these ads!

so I think its time I show what's goin on in my driveway

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dread, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dread

dread

Well, my name is john and I'm out of Worcester MA. My story starts with my dad who was always into hot rods and classic cars and in such I was brought up the same way. Well a little over a year ago my dad who had always had some mental health problems took his own life leaving me my older brother, my younger sister and my mother behind. As he was, he had his fare share of many old car but most recently were his prized 54 ford skyliner and his 54 Chevy. After his death my brother who had always wanted a 54 Chevy planned on taking it but after some further inspection decided that he was just going to sell it. So that's were I stepped in and took it apon myself to make something out of it.

So here it began, proud owner of a 54 and already in love with it. It was a driver and for a couple months that's was I did. But soon after that I got the urge to start some modifications. It at first was just a nose job but it just spiraled from there. From there it was extended quarters,custom taillights and rear roll pan, 7 inch chop(and ik sounds much but its not just what you'd think) I hardtopped it extended the doors(not a 4 door to b clear)and reshaped the door opening. I also decided to section out the windshield and move it up an inch or so. Then I decided to get rid of the bet line all together and smooth everything out. May I also mention that I fabbed up a custom rear window frame and flowed the c pillers back into the deck lid.

now I'm not a metal man and I hope some day with enough experience and time I could hope to call myself one. But until then I'm just trying to learn as I go. I'd love to hear some input from anyone here and I'm not even sure how I'd fit in here but I'm just a young kid hopping for some feed back. I have this car that just keeps tellin me what to do and I can't help but listen to her.

so thanks to this site and anyone involved and I'm looking forward to any input I'm sorry I can't figure out how to post pics but I have some in my album if you want to check that out I'll try and figure out how

thanks

2. 38standard

38standard
    from il.

Put up some pics of the 54. Welcome from Illinois.

3. Model T1

Model T1

Sorry for the problems. Sounds like you are keeping your mind and hands busy with that Chevy. Big project for a beginner. Good luck. Keep listening to the car and you can't go wrong.

4. windsurf88

windsurf88

Welcome from NH. car looks real good, keep going on it.

5. 1937chevyman

1937chevyman

nothing like jumping in head first ,good luck and best skills from the tarheel state

6. dread

dread

hey thanks all for the feedback wasn,t sure how well it would be recieved. figured out how to upload some pics so here you go.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. windsurf88

windsurf88

nice that door is crazy, stay on it.

8. hankthebigdog

hankthebigdog
    from oklahoma

looks like aproject and is coming together nicley. welcome from OKLA.:cool:

9. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from Tulsa, OK. Glad to have you on the HAMB.

10. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me the talent on this site. Love the doors, too. Welcome.

11. dread

dread

thanks to all every one told me the door idea was crazy when it hit me one day and for a while I did to and tried to forget about it but I couldn't get it out of My head so one day just went for it cuz I had never seen it before and figured I guess that's all the reasoning I needed. Well anyway I still have a little to figure out to make them work but the biggest thing is how I'm going to make glass work for them cuz its as must in my eyes. I've been playing with a few ideas but nothing to promising yet but every day is one step closer

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

13. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

14. hacknwhack

hacknwhack
    from mass

Welcome from Wostah

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

RADICAL!

I dig it.

Rich

16. xmb63

xmb63
    from pittsburgh

I love the look of the door.

17. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

John: Welcome from the west coast of Florida.

That is really wild and way to cool. The doors really look great and that is one of the most interesting designs I have ever seen.

How much did you chop the roof?

You say you are not a metal man? I think I might disagree with you on that point.

You have a real flair for design and I was not even sure what year the car was a first glance.

I cannot wait to see what color you select for this very cool ride.

Jimbo

18. ChefMike

ChefMike

sounds like a great project

19. PJ1

PJ1

That's gonna be a kool cruiser. Nice to see someone spending the short summer outside working in the driveway, you must have decent neighbors.
    The ice scraper/brush on the ground is a good reminder that fall is near...

20. dread

dread

thanks jimbo for the kind words as for the chop it started as 7inches vertical front to back

I do have great neighbors and I don't want to think about the season to come but I work on it year round winter just means I have to layer up and sometimes do some snow removal first

21. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Love the stance, that chop is just right!

22. KenCrete

KenCrete
    from Milwaukee

welcome from WI, looks great kid! keep at it and PLEASE keep us updated!!!

23. 80WTI

80WTI

i love it mate. would love to have that in my driveway.

24. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

those doors are cool man..welcome to the HAMB..

25. Giddyup

Giddyup
    from Denver, CO

Those doors are wicked! Love it! You will be copied.

26. dread

dread

well to b copied would be a great compliment and I've already had one guy tell me he's going to

27. LeftCoastCruiser

LeftCoastCruiser
    from So Cal

Welcome from sunny California. Just stumbled on this thread (better late than never) and was wondering if you've made any progress on this wild ride!?

28. dniemi

dniemi

Welcome from Ontario, I love the chop and the doors.

29. jesse1980

jesse1980

Great work. I like the doors and the tail lights look good too. You can turn those skills into a living and do something you love the rest of your life. You have the talent for sure.