Register now to get rid of these ads!

62-65 Superstock Mopars picture thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyajones, Mar 24, 2008.

1. jesco

jesco
    from sweden

Attached Files:

2. 383man

383man
    from Md

I wanted to put new Plymouth letters on my hood. So I happen to find these stick on letters. They are a tad bigger then stock but were easy to put on and look good to me. Ron

[​IMG]

3. 1962savoy

1962savoy
    from ontario

heres my junk!!

Attached Files:

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

Great pictures and stories fellas!

5. Worked on my 63 today. Gave it an old fashioned tune up. You know, plugs, check wires, servce distributor, check for loose intake bolts, re-adjust kickdown linkage and check throttle cable adjustment. Adjusted carb to the edge. Carb is very responsive even at idle. Spent a lot of time making sure it would be. It is based on an 850 Holley. My 426 has the REV2 nascar single four barel intake. Even though it was running well I could tell immediately on test run it was very happy with the tune up. I use Autolite 2976 plugs which are the perfect heat range and are shorty plugs eliminating any header /plugwire problems completley. Even looking at the old ones which have had several years hard duty shows this is a plug these engines are happy with. Mine has the Original Stage III heads. They also work on the 440 style heads. (Iron OEM) The power of these old Max Wege motors never fails to amaze me, even after 12 years. A quick push of the pedal to the foor with the pushbutton in first will get you to the speed limit so fast it is almost disappointing. I stopped for my usual $35.00 dollars worth of fuel which does me all week. (Belleville cruise night and Picton cruise night.) As I put in the hi-test a fellow asked me if it was hard on fuel. I told him not particularily. $35 bucks a week keeps it happy. He seemed to not like that answer and a couple of others looking on just watched and said nothing. I followed one of them inside. His buddy bought 3 packs of Players cigerettes right in front of me. $31.25 was his bill. All of the sudden my $35 per week seemed like nothing. And, sInce I gave up alky consumption 30 odd years ago I figure I ahead there too. This car costs me nothing in comparision. As I left I hoped the Audi sports car he was riding in would pull up to the corner with me. I was ready to do my Eastwood imitation. "Go ahead Punk! Make my day!" Somehow, it seemed, he knew that and hung back till I was safely out of reach.
    Man I love this car!
    Don.
    I'd rather smoke the tires!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  6. 383man

383man
    from Md

Thats a real nice 63 ! :) I use an 850 DP on my eng and I use an Indy dual plane intake. I planned to go to the crossram but the driveability is so good with this combo I dont know if I will ever put the crossram on it. I also use Indy EZ heads with Maxie ports. But boy do they work great. I drive it to the track and race it on 92 pump gas and I run through the full exh system. 10.70's so far like that. And I cant believe how many people comment about my 63. I used to have a Dart and this car gets so much more attention its crazy. I do love driving and racing it a few times a year as I drive it way more then I race it. Here is a pic of my eng. Ron

[​IMG]

7. 383man

383man
    from Md

And a better pic of the car. Ron

[​IMG]

8. 383man

383man
    from Md

Thank you. :) Ron

9. vpofgreen

vpofgreen
    from virginia

Wow great thread... I just wasted a half days work going through it :)

First time posting here, name is Mike... question for you... I am contemplating buying the project above listed on page 12 of this thread. Anyone know anything about this car? Its changed hands a few times now it seems.

thanks for any help!

Mike[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  10. gwlls

gwlls
    from florida

just signed up. love this site! old mopar guy. have lots of old s/s pics i would like to post. can someone tell me how to start??? THANKS

11. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

FIRST, you should do an introduction...See the thread at the top of the first page for the rules of engagement.

SECOND, get signed up with Flickr or Photobucket (I use Photobucket myself as it is quite easy)

THIRD, get to scanning if they are oldies, or uploading, if they are currently digital.

LASTLY, search for threads on how to post photos for tips...

but start with an introduction, or the thread cops will climb on you...

Welcome. We need some new blood.

12. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Theres been alot of speculation but most of the experts feel it's an unfinished AWB that never ran as such.Car needs some love and an owner that will make his own history with it.

13. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

Here's what worked for us;

1) scan your pictures/articles into a computer file (one at a time works best)

2) Click on reply to any post

3) Click on "Go advanced" below the reply box

4) Click on "Manage attachments" which will bring up a box to "upload file from computer". Drag your computer file picture address into that box. You can add text by clicking on "preview post" before doing final post. Make sure that your file size does not exceed the limits posted or your picture will not download.

I'd pass on photobucket as most of those are time limited and you will notice that many who have posted on this board using that service just end up with blank squares after the time limit expires.

Hope this helps.

14. What a kick ass thread. It always chaps my ass when I hear 'shut down'. Like a Fuely stingray could take down a superstock Dodge. The Beach Boys must have been high on some good stuff. (Not to mention their Flathead Deuce coupe doing 140 :rolleyes:)

15. So you'd rather us use up Ryan's storage for our photos than a service specifically designed for that purpose. Photobucket is not "time limited"; as long as you keep your account "active" -- that is, you log in and upload new photos occasionally and don't purposefully disable your account -- you won't have a problem. I've been a Photobucket user since it first started and none of my shots have gone away.

+1 on the intro and rules review there gwlls...

16. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

17. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Donnie Chapman who owned the 62 from article lives here. He had a helluva collection at one time, including the original red light bandit Dart and the top dog King of the Street superbee. All gone now. I remember stopping at his shop one day and meeting Herb McCandless. Good times.

18. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Trying to help a friend document his 1964 Factory Lightweight Plymouth Savoy. It was ordered to Jack Rieger Chrysler Plymouth on Jan 15, 1964. The car is black w/ Red interior. If anyone remembers this car being campaigned we would love to hear from you!

19. jesco

jesco
    from sweden

Finally get it in the way I wanted. Radir 8.20-15 rear and better ride hight in front.

Attached Files:

20. flacoman

flacoman
    from Sunrise FL

Stole it from the little old lady from Pasadena !

21. I thought she had a Super Stock Dodge?

quick85 likes this.
  22. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

My friend Manny's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. I'm in Tracy, near Fredericton. Never raced in the Maritimes...yet! John Petrie is alive and well and living on Vancouver Island.

24. 35desoto

35desoto

I'm in love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D

25. Race Artist

Race Artist

That picture is at Vineland, NJ an oval track where they drag raced on the front straight. They had early S/S-F/X meets there. I've seen pictures of the HOSS car but don't have any to share.
    Joel

26. SMITH&WELSH

SMITH&WELSH

I have a lead on a Aluim. Front end for a 1964 Plymouth any idea what the are worth?

27. SMITH&WELSH

SMITH&WELSH

How about this Shine Red Super Stock Dodge!

Attached Files:

28. Chryco36

Chryco36

MoPar does not get enough recognition for its past.