Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Green Grenade...........picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Aug 15, 2010.

1. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I remember asking Kris about the alternator location the same year they had the bad accident on Hwy 18 on the way over for the 3rd Hotrodarama.....
    Pretty slick setup....

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

The alternator is above the bellhousing.

3. kustomdlux

kustomdlux

VLV 05 I believe.

Attached Files:

4. waterpump is hidden back there as well. :)

5. Kenny P

Kenny P

Paint would kill it!!!
    It's perfect the way it is.

6. billys54

billys54

I love that car

7. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate
    from California

car looks great! i usually like 'em channeled just to the bottom of the frame - but i wouldn't touch this one at ALL! :)

8. bluthndr

bluthndr

Coolest "modern" traditional Hot Rod. Ever. Bass's A is a close second. Never paint that car.

9. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

I took this picture from inside Don Dillard's (DRD57) Model A Coupe.

10. Shade Tree McGhee

Shade Tree McGhee

This thing is so freakin mean. I want it.

11. solid

solid

One of the toughest looking hot rods ever...i love that car...

12. Muttley

Muttley

I had the opportunity to ride in the Grenade all the way to Eagle Field and back last Saturday. For something with such a big chop the car is surprisingly comfortable, it's not the easiest thing to get in & out of but once I was in I could stretch my legs all the way out and still not touch the firewall. The route we took was a little shorter but the road was terrible so we didnt really get a chance to open it up a whole lot. That car rules. Thanks again to hawkerdriver for letting me tag along, I owe you one.

13. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I see, took me a while to understand what you meant by anti-sectioned but i got it now, body was actually un-channeled.
    Now i see the markings of the old channel job all over the bottom part of the body. Probably if i looked better i would have got to the answer myself.
    oh well.

14. I just try to stand close to Kris every chance I get hoping some of his greatness will seep off so I can obsorb it.

The other day I was dropping a car off and Kris was having a frame delivered. After reading through this post it makes me curious as to what new piece of motor art he is building to amaze us now.

15. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

The body was never channeled. It was ANTI-SECTIONED. A section of metal was ADDED to the body for two reasons. First, to raise it's overall height to match the grille shell, and second to match the bottom of the body to the '32 frame. The 'markings' you see are where I put patch pannels in and where the strip is at. It aint much, about an inch and a half at it's thickest point if I remember right. The car also has sedan doors, they are longer than coupe doors.

I wish I was the one to give Mutley a ride...

Good to hear you are back Jim.

16. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

You're welcome buddy! Had a great time. We'll get the gremlins out and next time we'll open it up.....on a much smoother road. Ave 7 to Firebaugh sucks big time.

17. Lucky77

Lucky77

I saw it at Viva in 2006. One bad mutha.

Attached Files:

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I didnt know Anti-sectioned was an actual word to describe a "custom trick".
    I thought he made up a word to explain what was goin on.
    Thanx for claryfing it. Its always good to know new stuff.

19. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

So I was at work last night and thought "whatever happened to the Green Grenade?" A HAMB search later and here it is. I spent hours staring at the pictures of it when it was in Hot Rod years ago. I didn't know much about real hot rods at the time, but I knew that this car was about the meanest thing I'd ever seen.

I'm bringing this thread to the top just in case there are any newbies out there that have never seen the Grenade before. May it do to you what it did to me when I first saw it.

20. pecker head

pecker head

I cruised down Congress in Austin beside it about 5 years ago , I was in the Turquoise Turd A sedan , what a sweet ride !

21. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

"that green grenads is a baaadd motha'....shut your mouth! i'm just talk'in about green grenade! i think what i like the most about it is it'a been photographed everywhere. it really get's used like a hotrod should. it remind's me of the truck in the movie "duel". it just keeps comin at you.

22. Dave50

Dave50

Thats funny i was thinking about the grenade lat night and i went back to my subscriptions and pulled it up and went through this thread. I am happy with my car but i still like the green grenade Knowing what was done after reading kris` post i like it even more!

23. 60 ford

60 ford

That car is perfect in every way. To cool

24. I just thought about this too, which brought me to this thread... where is the car??

-Dean

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Another of one of my all-time favorites.
    period.

26. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Anybody have pics of alternater setup?

27. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

X2

Thanks