Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 9/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You describe my EXACT thoughts as well.. I was on my way to work in San Diego it was still dark when I heard the news on the radio about the first plane hitting the towers. It was a live report but not many details. When the second plane hit I knew what was up and that it was no cessna or B-25.

I hurried to work and opened up the building. I worked for a film and video production company. There were TV monitors everywhere but no feed to the outside. We ended up listening to internet radio for news. No one knew at the time whether there were more attacks coming so we shut down the company and we all went home to be with our families. The ex-wife and I slept with the TV on for several days just so we could wake up and see the latest on what was happening. I'll always remember the horrifying images of that day.

I'll NEVER forget. And I'll never forget the bastards responsible either.

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pic didnt work.

3. I can see it fine

4. RatPin

RatPin

I was sleeping (worked nights) My roomate woke me up and I came out and watched the events unfold on TV. It left me with an anxious and angry feeling. Can't believe it's been 11 years already.

5. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

We all lost someone on that day

6. I was still in the Navy and working as a docking pilot. I had just finished getting a Sub underway and was about to step off the tugboat. The dispatcher called me on my radio. " Hey Chief, did you here a plane hit the World Trade Center". I still remember looking up and thinking what a nice clear day it was, what kind of idiot could hit a building on a day like this. I walked into my office just as the second plane hit. The entire base bent on high alert.
    I grew up in North Jersey. I could see the WTC from my house. I know 6 people that died that day. Sucks!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  7. Jonodeck, please remove that photo, that is someones dad,husband,brother...................

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree, get rid of it. While your there take down the political tirade.

Doc.

Thank you for taking it down.

9. Keith English

Keith English

I was a junior in high school, when the second plane hit, we were watching the news on a TV in class...me and two of my buddys got up and walked out to my truck and drove to my house and stayed glued to the TV all day..and i agree please take that photo down.

10. What I really remember is every channel,American or Canadian, was covering what was happening.You could start at channel 2 and flick through ever channel and it would be the same live feed,with no breaks for comercials.I also remember looking at my two girls,both under 2 years old,wondering what kind of a world they would be growing up in.

11. dbucher

dbucher

I take my flag and show it proudly to never forget. God bless my U.S. neighbors.

Attached Files:

12. I was 7 at the time, so I had just gotten to class when we found out.. Got picked up within the hour. No class was worth being in. It was hard to understand the magnatude of the event at the time, but even then I knew it changed the world. I remeber being told that I just witnessed a major historical change and knowing that before I was told. Its hard to think its been 11 years and even harder to sit back and watch the news and world roll on without mention of it. Its sick in a sense and I hope everyone who was behind it gets punished... yes, even those we refuse to beileve may be behind it.

13. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

I was getting ready for work and heard my mom in front of the TV saying "Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God." I went in there expecting to see that she had hurt herself. I walked in just in time to see the second one hit. What a horrible memory, sitting there watching them collapse. It wasn't long after that that I went to work for the Army where I'll continue to work until I retire.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. I was getting ready to get yet another random smashed late model car up on the frame bench. When I was pulling it in the shop, they broke in on the radio just after the first tower was hit. I didn't know what I was hearing, so I parked the car on the bench and turned up the radio so all in the shop could hear. We listened until the second tower was hit then one of the guys drove home to get a tv so we could see what was going on. The bodyshop was very near to St. Louis Int'l airport and we were used to planes landing and being crazy low. That day was crazy because we went outside ony to hear NOTHING in the skies. It was a hard day to get through. We made sure we put the flag at half staff on the pole in front of the shop. I will never forget!!!

15. I live in OKC, and the Murrah Memorial is the same way to me. I knew five people that died in that, and I was just two miles from there when it happened. Had I and the people I was with been five minutes quicker that morning, we'd been within just two blocks of it. A terrible thing, simply terrible! The OKC Memorial is very beautiful, and I hear the museum is quite moving. I've been through the memorial grounds twice since they opened it, but will probably never visit the museum. Can't bring myself to do it, even after seventeen years. It's hard.

16. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Working afternoon shift at AA here in Tulsa.. Had gotten up late and had just turned on the tv and saw the newscast showing the first tower smoking and the reporter making comments about a plane hitting it. I knew there was no way a plane couldn't see in on a CAVU day and then the other plane came in...
    I worked as a Systems mechanic on the 767's and was stunned to find out it was one of our birds...
    The 11 years since then hasn't changed my mind at all, We should have made a bunch of glass in the Middle East.

To all those who went west that day, and our troops that followed...God Speed

[​IMG]

Bill

17. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

9-11-01: Baldwin Park, CA. Just before 6 AM PDT, getting ready to leave for work. KNX (Los Angeles) on the clock radio. Announcer breaks in: "We have to go to New York, where apparently a plane has hit the World Trade Center..." I flip on the TV and see the smoking gash on the building and think, "Boy, that's going to be one of the big stories of the year..." I thought it was some clumsy Cessna driver. Switched off the TV; gotta get going to make it to downtown LA by 7. As I'm driving, the news continues (Another plane?... JETLINERS?!?)...

Oh my God - the PENTAGON???

By now I'm nearing L.A., scanning the sky nervously as an MD-80 passes over heading for LAX, wondering if it was going to turn towards downtown.

It was a very busy day at work - thank God; it kept us from breaking down completely... I kept thinking about Pearl Harbor... and what we were going to do in response to this... also made several phone calls trying to get hold of my close friend who lived in NYC and was a flight attendant for NWA to make sure he was OK, until the news IDed the planes as United and AA. Turns out he was on a layover in Amsterdam and was stuck there for several days.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  18. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

I was at work, had the radio on. At the time I lived 45-50 miles from the WTC in Fairfield County Ct. A lot of the people had ties to that area. Sad day.

19. BISHOP

BISHOP

I was in the shop setting up for the day, getting ready to shoot paint.

A couple guys from the business next door came in all white eyed telling me what happened, The first plane just hit.

I went over to their place and watched the second plane hit.

Im still pissed.

20. JJK

JJK

I had gotten a phone call from my mother saying “Turn on your TV the world is about to change forever”.
    I sat most of the morning with my roommates glued to the television watching the madness unfold. I probably smoked two packs of cigarettes trying to make sense of what I was watching. She was right I was watching the world change right before my eyes and it still doesn’t make sense to this day.

21. Deuces

Deuces

I was thinking of something a little more gruesome than "the chair"....
    I'll let you guys figure that one out...

22. Deuces

Deuces

Yep!... Seems like it only happened a couple of years ago...:(:mad::(

23. J Twitero

J Twitero
    from Minnesota

I was at work when one of the guys in the back who had the radio going mentioned that a plane had hit the first tower. At that point my thought was "wow, must be some freak accident like that plane that hit the Empire State Building back in the 40's or whenever that was, who the fuck would do something like that intentionally?" Then he came back around saying another plane had hit, they were scrambling jets, making planes land, etc. There was the absolute bare minimum of work done the rest of the day as every radio in the place was on and we were all trying to figure out WTF was going on. Sadly, I now know exactly what my parents mean when they say they will never forget what and where they were when they heard JFK was shot. I only hope I will also be able to know the feeling they have of never forgetting something as spectacular as the moon landing.

24. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

I was in college at an 8 am class. The class got canceled and I was home by 8:30. Got home and my roommates were watching the news coverage on tv about the attacks. My mind was blown and I was confused as to what was happening. I watched the tv until about 5-6pm. I will never forget that day and I feel terrible for the people who were directly affected by the terror attacks. May you rest in peace.

25. Eating cereal and getting ready for my biochemistry class at the university of Kansas when I saw the second plane hit the tower live. I sat there speechless. That evening I took a long walk away from everyone and had a good cry and got really pissed. I also decided to devote my life to do something to ensure that never happens to our Country again. Its the reason I became an 1811.

As a side note, some years later the university put a 911 memorial near the spot on campus I went that day by myself. The memorial has a huge piece of one of the towers. I still go there when I'm back in Lawrence.

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

flew today on 9/11 in hawaii...oahu to maui

27. slatts

slatts
    from Boston MA

I was in History class when the airplanes hit the towers we where watching it all play out on TV. I felt something that I never felt before watching the towers fall. It was the instant loss of life and the reality that the next few seconds in time will affected countless families across the glob. I felt that same feeling the day we lost two great guys in Iraq. The world is a crazy place and the only thing to do is enjoy every moment.

28. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

I called in sick from work and was sleeping when my wife (ex now) came in all hysterical saying a plane crashed into one of the World Trade Buildings and saying we are under attack and thousands are dead (this was before the 2nd plane crashed into the other building) I simply looked at her in my sleepy haze and said to her "youre fucking nuts" and rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. laid there for a few minutes and decided to go and see what she was freaking over.

She had the tv on and to my horror I saw the 2nd plane crash into the building..............I was so pissed off............. I cried.............. my little daughters didnt understand what was goin on but they knew it wasnt good. My ex wife had worked in Manhatten as a nanny 5 yrs before this happened so she has a personal connection to 9/11. I was very proud of President Bush that nite and proud of our country and very humbled. God bless those people and families that are victims of that terrible day.

29. I was teaching a class at school. Another teacher ran down the hall yelling for everybody to turn their TV's on and why. My first thought was a small plane in trouble, but as I turned the TV on the second plane was headed to the other tower. I told my students this wasn't good and they would remember this date forever.

30. Deuces

Deuces

I'm watching it all unfold again on PBS....:(
    The show is called Faith & Doubt..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.