Register now to get rid of these ads!

model a dash construction pics?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vintage Vandal, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

I've been cutting up a 53 Ford dash for my model a tudor. Ive found alot of pics of finished dashes taken from the front. But I'm looking for ideas on how to blend the sides of the dash. Also thinking of welding it to an old junk original dash rail I have laying around. Anyone tried that? Lets see some dashes!here's some pics of what I have so [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

3. swissmike

swissmike

Look at how the dash ends on a 40 ford. Not really an easy piece to make though.
    I would reconsider the choice of dash. It looks much too bulky and seems to be a bad fit overall.

4. 76cam

76cam

I dont have any pic's but your dash is gonna look bad ass!!!! Nice job.

5. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Its only metal... ill make it fit. I can trim it down a bit more bit it needs to be bulky enough to be useful. Need gauge cluster clearance, glove box and I want to hide a stereo behind the original speaker grill

6. 117harv

117harv

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    [​IMG] lets see your custom Model A dash pics..... here is a good thread, there are many more.

7. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Thanks Harv! There are a few good pics But I can't find many pics of dashes taken from the side.

8. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now it's starting to look like something. it still looks real massive in that little car though.

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn, Dreddybear, you just blew his "original" idea all to hell. I like the way you made it fit down where it should be though. That is what I was thinking he needed to do with the one in the A.

12. 117harv

117harv

Here are a few pulled from other threads, i'm sure there are more.....search my friend, search:)

Attached Files:

13. scoggman

scoggman

I like your's better, but her is mine. I think it is out o5 a 37 or 38 plymouth. I thought the two glove boxes are pretty neat though!

Attached Files:

14. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Excellent job dreddy!

15. that is exactly what I did. I welded bolts over the top of the threaded holes in the body for the stock dash, then put the stock dash on and nut'ed in on so I could easily get it off later. Then I reshaped the dash to the top of the model a dash. I had to cut 10" out of my '41 Merc dash then I welded the end up and added channels to clear the door molding.

Great job by the way...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]