Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods See the USA...in a Hemi-Powered Model A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

It's not painted yet. I took it apart to paint it last year, but put it back together so I could drive it to the Lonestar Roundup, and haven't been able to get it into paint since then.

2. What an epic thread.
    That's how you do it!

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damned cool to see this thread pop up again! Elpolacko and I just got from our yearly ride to LARS and back, and we were recalling some of this thread on the way over. Spooky!

4. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

This thread seems to get ya back out to the shop when you loose the mojo. I wanna drive one of my coupes across the states one day. Plus that hemi is just plain bad.

5. n847

n847

WOW...this really is one of the best threads ever! Thanks to who ever brought this out of the cellar!

6. Does life really get any better?

7. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

No, not really.

:)

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Just spent the last hour reading this..........FREAKIN' AWESOME!

9. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Brian.Thanks again for an awesome thread.If you ever give up building rods,you have the potential for an excellent photographer/writer for one of the car mags.Thanks for the ridealong.Don`t know if the following is HAMB friendly,BUT,for easy cleanup of bug remains after a long days ride,try spraying some Pam(R) cooking oil on the frontal area such as the grill,bumper and ect.Makes cleanup real easy.Water hose and pressure nozzle.Reapply in the am before leaving on the next leg of your journey.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

10. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Just found this thread,all i can say is wow,living the dream bro...

11. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

Whoa, that was a trip to read about! Very cool.

12. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

Just same you drive this car on the tv box! Congrats on keeping the dream alive

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Wow.. Im in love .. with that coupe!

14. ???:confused:

15. I think he's saying that he saw Bass driving the coupe on tv. Bass was recently in an episode of something on a channel I don't get.

16. fatkoop

fatkoop

Great thread. Great car. Great job, Brian. Reminds me of driving my 331 Hemi powered '47 tudor from Cape Cod, Mass. to Pueblo, Co. in 1967 by myself. If you have never driven a hot rod a long distance, JUST DO IT!. It's been over 40 years and I can still remember how that motor sounded, the scenery and the places and the smells, and the bugs like it was yesterday..................you get the picture. It's an adventure you will never forget. I still try to go on a long hot rod road trip every year.

17. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I read this thread usually once every few months. It's by far the most Inspiring thread ever to hit the hamb. It makes the mind wonder and be saturated with thoughts of a super loud hemi in an all steel car. I couldn't imagine the feeling of screaming down the highway in a ride as cool as that... Many many people work so hard to build a hot rod, me being included in that... Seeing your work and the quality just blows my mind . Some day I will get the chance to take my car in a trip like that.. But for now its back out to the shop and continue working on what will someday take me on a trip like this... Thank you for the documentation and the great photos.! Your a true Inspiration .

18. Dave50

Dave50

So last night i was in the mood to be somewhere other than where i was and then i am surfing HAMB and hotrodderhaag brings this to the top (THANKS) So off i was out there riding shot gun again with Brian what a ride! Thanks again hotodderhaag and especially you Brian! It just keeps me inspired and planning a trip in my coupe, I just need to figure it if the tranny will last that long:eek: What a ride thanks again

19. gonzo

gonzo

The way you drive the tranny attached to your motor will not last that long. The tranny you keep in the trunk may if you give him enough water.

20. Dave50

Dave50

Just seen this and this thread needs to be bumped anyway... I drive my car the way it was built/meant to be driven ok well not built.. doesnt stand up to my abuse.. And thats not a tranny in da trunk..

21. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

a long slow day at work.... i opened this thread to take my mind to the west in a chopped hemi coupe.
    it was a great way to spend the last 2 hours reading and using my imagination. Some excellent photos and a great story. Bump this up for some others that need a little hot rod therapy.

22. cory27t

cory27t
    from US

I hope to do something like this when I get my car done. What an awesome trip.

23. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Wow. Nothing like a road trip. Thanks for sharing, maybe an annual HAMB Powertour as suggested