Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '35 fenderless ford coupe.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madmak95, Sep 10, 2012.

1. madmak95

madmak95

I pick up a new project over the weekend. Now I know that theses cars look good with the fenders on but I didn't get any fenders and I kinda like the hiboy look on the car. The goal is to build a highway runner. I traded my t bucket for this car so I could take long trip in it. The bucket got uncomfortable after a hour or so. Just wasn't enough room. And it isn't all weather. And my ten year old daughter has gotten to where she want to go with daddy!!! So I got the little coupe. More to come as I get it unloaded and get a closer look at it.

Attached Files:

2. put fenders on it , it will look MUCH better with them. front fenders are not hard to find as all passenger cars are the same. the rears are hard to find in steel and expensive. get some fiberglass ones from wescott's. that is what i have on the rear in the car in my avatar and they are almost a bolt on

after taking another look at your picture , what frame is that on? and it looks channeled. maybe fenders/running boards will not fit?

3. birdman42

birdman42

I seen one at Frog Follies last month with fairly wide meats on the back with good rake and it looked pretty cool. If you like it who cares what others think.

4. madmak95

madmak95

Frames been cut on a good bit. It had air ride on it at one time. Gona have to do some work on back suspension.

Might go for the jalopy look.

5. madmak95

madmak95

Off the trailer. Gona have to do some major frame surgery. But I really like the stance. Maybe some taller tires tho.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  6. beater32

beater32

7. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

Saw it on craigslist.. shes gonna need a sh*t ton of love!!

8. Those wheels are painful to look at.

9. madmak95

madmak95

I agree with that.

10. madmak95

madmak95

Yep. Body is in real good shape but the frame gona need work.

11. my eyes my eyes!!!!

12. choptvan

choptvan

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll say fenders too. I love '35 5windows, that was my first car and what I passed my drivers test in... In 1980! But, I'll also say this - if you are dead serious about running this as a highboy, the very first thing you need to do is get rid of the spring in front of the axle set up these cars have, and scoot the axle forward so it's under the spring,or maybe in front of the spring. I have always thought that these could look better as a fenderless car with the front wheels more aligned with the grill. You'd loose that "droop snoot" kinda look real quick. Just keep it low and get some taller back tires and any other wheels.

14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Absolutely agree. Would make all the difference.

15. roddinron

roddinron

Yep^X2

16. madmak95

madmak95

Well as luck would have it it already has a spring above 4 in drop axle with chrome hairpins.