Register now to get rid of these ads!

Willys Aero, who has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PhilJohnson, Dec 20, 2009.

1. bjinatj

bjinatj

I just picked one up myself so I decided to bring back a dead thread..

[​IMG]

2. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

PERFECT!!! I saw this thread and thought of this car, but didnt have any pictures of it. This is a local car and I see if every now and then, an extremely cool car, and the powerplant makes it.

3. 41plym

41plym

One for sale on Portland craigslist today.
    41plym

4. Just tried looking for it but couldn't find it. Can't be it sold that fast.

5. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Took these at a motel in Louisville, at the 2010 Nationals. Thought it was bad ass.

Attached Files:

6. 41plym

41plym

7. 41plym

41plym

or maybe "53 ace delux"
    41plym

8. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

what parts do you need ?

9. Found it 41Plym. Only 1500 bones for an all original with only 5800 miles.

10. hotrodpierre

hotrodpierre
    from Wisconsin

For anybody in Wisconsin, there are two of them on green bay craigslist in oconto for $1100. Fixer uppers for sure but they look like they would be good starts. Ones a '52 for sure, the other maybe a '53?

11. trickey

trickey

Currently building a 52 Aero Eagle. Bought a wrecked 2006 GTO and have used engine, trans, diff and front struts plus all the disc brakes. It starts but not finished ennough to be on the street yet.

12. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Would anyone here by chance be able to take a Close up picture of the Door handle , a straight on picture of the W on the grill, and the Hood ornement side and top ? and post those here? Please and Thanks.. any help would be Much appreciated..

13. Lucky3

Lucky3

Got a 53 Aero Lark (2 door) with split windshield, thinking I'm gonna sell it.
    Money issues.....:(

(typo error corrected)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  14. Transamer79

Transamer79
    from NY

Just picked up two 1952 willys aero aces with chopped tops. One is a reall good chop and one is not so good. The one with the crappy chop has a ford 302 with a c4 auto trans and a 9 inch rear. That one is going up for sale soon to fund the othe chop top. Anybody interested?

15. Careca

Careca
    from Brazil

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  16. FarmboyWilly

FarmboyWilly
    from Indiana

It's good to find other Aero owners who couldn't care less their Willys are bottomless pits. After seeing a guy take a broken-in-half Corvair convertible, and turn it into a senior division car with right hand drive, I realized rust should never be allowed to discourage the heart. I always loved the "Big W" Aeros from '52-'54, but when I found this '53 Aero Eagle 2-door coupe (no post) on eBay, it seemed like the only car in the world worth owning. The bottom is sort of there, but I wouldn't want to hit a speed bump at more than 1 mph. When the Eagle landed in my driveway it hadn't been driven in 33 years, but the old Hurricane 6 came alive, and it now runs and drives around the propery just fine. It stops too, as long as you crash it into the back of the garage (or a tree). Now I just need to find a welder who knows how to go deep!

17. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  18. willysfireaero

willysfireaero
    from Indiana

I NEED HELP!
    I need to figure an altrenative for control arm bushings on 52' Aero trying to keep original. Could put more modern front end on but want to stay period corrrect. I've figured a few things out along the way, 74' camaro shocks with the mounting stud cut off work. Jeep mail truck brake drums work. Now I've given some info someone help me out on these control arm bushings.

19. Gigantor

Gigantor

A pretty little black mordoor just showed up for sale around here. I passed by it this morning on the way to work and was wracking my brain as to what it could be until I saw that bright gold W on the grille.
    I aint in the market for a new project, but if anyone's interested, I can snap some pics and find out what they're asking.

20. willys aeroman

willys aeroman
    from BUFFALO NY

Hey there guys, here is a pic of my 53 aerolark I'm working on. It's been in the family since new and handed down. It still wears it's original license plate on the back. It has been sitting for 40 years but runs good. It just needs a good overhaul of everything.

Attached Files:

21. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

You can't kill a Continental Red Seal. Good looking Willys, Aeroman.

22. willys aeroman

willys aeroman
    from BUFFALO NY

Thank you for your kind comments Bigcheese327

23. Careca

Careca
    from Brazil

Greetings friends,
    Someone in the forum already "modified" willys engine performance? Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

There is a thread (trying to find it now) on modifying the four-cylinder "Go Devil" engine that was used in some. I have talked about modifying the "Red Seal" six-cylinder in the past, but haven't found much history of doing so. Speed parts for both exist, but aren't very common.

25. Careca

Careca
    from Brazil

I found these pictures:

Multiplex 1954 - willys engine

[​IMG]

"Wildfire kit"

[​IMG]

26. Careca

Careca
    from Brazil

27. deuce354

deuce354

These Cars were cool but real rust buckets. I was only 14 and a guy gave me a coupe. I had big ideas for it . The car was only ten years old and it was so rusted out that it just about broke in half when my dad hooked it up to his wrecker. We towed it straight to the junk yard & got 10.00

28. I finally dumped mine and it still didn't break in two.

29. mimfabmax

mimfabmax
    from central CA

Have not seen the "Wildfire Kit".... but the picture of the twin carb set-up looks EXACTLY like an old magazine article I came accross a while back. In the issue of Speed Mechanics Febuary 1956 titled "Souping the Willys"... Yes, I have a TON of vintage magazines I still look through from time to time..

30. Careca

Careca
    from Brazil

Hello my friend, I do not have access to this kind of stuff here in Brazil, if you can post this story here at forun.

thank you.