Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodders and Bikers.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry T

Larry T

I haven't bought any tubes in a couple of years, but the last set I bought were pretty much like the first set I bought in the mid 70's. I'm pretty sure (as sure as I am of anything) that they are still made in house.

Heres the price list I have for them. They never change so I usually trash the new ones they send. I did get a new one this spring.

Give 'em a call.

Attached Files:

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

The goofy jeepers do it also ….. My GF gets all pissed at me when I forget to wave back ……. Im getting one of these stickers to put an end to that shit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  3. I'll do that, but I suppose I should find me a new old set of forks first. :D:D:D

My little brother always ran glid front ends, he always thought that I could get tubes from frank cheaper than he could. Go figure I paid the same price as anyone else, I think.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's a picture of my 72 (?) I don't even remember what year it is, BMW. I also have some very cool BMW hard bags that go with it.

belonged to my buddy who died in 1993. probably hasn't been ridden since 1995.

why would I post pictures of a German motorcycle on an American HOT ROD site? I have no idea. come on by and ask me if it is for sale, then go complain on a BMW site how it is just sitting and rotting and I won't sell it..

Attached Files:

5. Larry T

Larry T

Most Harley tubes are 190.00 a set now unless you want some long ones. Then they sell 'em by the inch. :D

The first tubes I bought from him was in the mid 70's. I wanted some 4" over and most of the dealers back then told me they couldn't get them any shorter than 6" over. Franks had them in stock and got them out pretty quick. I had a couple of people ask me why I'd go to the trouble of changing them out, if that's all I ws gonna extend them. Almost everyone was running 6-12 over with stock rake necks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  6. Model T1

Model T1

Only wave at the hot lookin young girls in Jeeps. That'll get your girlfriend to stop pickin on ya!

Damned forgot............Remember those cheap plastic hands on a spring that you attached to the glass with a suction cup? Automatic wavers !:D

These were out before the BABY ON BOARD signs young mothers put in their cars so we'd get out of their way when they were speeding and putting on make up.

why would I post pictures of a German motorcycle on an American HOT ROD site?I don't think they mind as long as the bike is a 65 or older !

7. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Not to rain on anyone's H-D love-in here, but having ridden bikes since '69 and been practically born around hot rods, I feel my opinion is valid. I don't particularly get into the whole H-D thing. I always rode sportbikes. As long as there were sportbikes, I owned 'em. I also put a lot of miles on them and without fail, H-D guys were too cool to acknowledge my existence when we met. My co-worker has a couple Harleys and is cut from the same cloth, according to him, young guys (I'm 50 BTW) on sportbikes are the problem with America these days. Those things are too fast, the owners too reckless and nothing good can ever come from it. Please forgive my observations, but didn't old people say the same about post-war bobbers and pre-war Fords back in the day? I like my bikes like I like my women...cheap and fast!

8. Paul B

Paul B

I dont wave to anyone , if some gives me a thumbs up i throw the peace sign (im over 30) fuck them wavers

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Do you really think i would flip off anybody ?

10. 4psi

4psi

I am a motorcycle rider. I ride a 175 horse power 400lb Japanese high performance scooter lol.

I wave, salute, point at, or give the peace sign to every single motorcyclist that crosses my path (excluding trikes lol). It is my own way to acknowledge the other rider for still being alive. Everyone tries to kill you when you are on two wheelers, especially those damn "texters". My wave simple means, good job on being alive dude and good luck.

If I come across a cool ride, or a hot chick I also wave.

BTW only 3% of the Harley elitist wave back. What a bunch of A-holes lol.

11. Sounds like whining "the Harley guys won't play with me " to me..

Let me help you

having ridden bikes since '69 and been practically born around hot rods, I have an opinion . I don't particularly get into the whole H-D thing. I always rode sportbikes. As long as there were sportbikes, I owned 'em. I also put a lot of miles on them and without fail, H-D guys were too cool to acknowledge my existence when we met. Most likely because we don't understand each other.

My co-worker has a couple Harleys and according to him, young guys (I'm 50 BTW) on sportbikes are the problem with America these days. Those things are too fast, the owners too reckless and nothing good can ever come from it. Please forgive my observations, but didn't old people say the same about post-war bobbers and pre-war Fords back in the day? I like my bikes like I like my women...cheap and fast!

Sound a little better ?

Most guys I meet feel a need to apologize for their jap or sport bike while telling me or anyone who will listen they'd rather be on a Harley. That's most sport bike riders ive met and I'm sure I'll never meet them all. The others try to tell me why my Harley sucks and they can do better than a Harley. I say OK follow me, we gas up and head for the high way. "First one who stops is buying all night "

12. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

I ride a 2007 Springer Classic and my 1934 Plymouth will be more Street Rod than Hot Rod.Remember that the general public doen't know the difference.All they see is a bike or an old car.I love riding something i don't have to work on.I wave at most everyone on the bike.I don't care if they wave back or not.That is there decision.As long as you enjoy what you are doing is the main thing.My last bike [03 VTX 1300] i rode to Sturgis ,Glacier Park,Yellowstone NP and up Pikes Peak.I did 6000 miles in two weeks and loved every minute of it.Wish i had the money to do it again.

13. BCR

BCR

So just to sum up 25 pages....

I don't know why I wave like I do or if it is the right way

Some guys who aren't bikers want to be called bikers

Some guys who are bikers don't want to be called a biker

No matter how good of a biker or hot rodder you are, some one does it better or the right way with the right brand or year

Jeep guys can wave too.

Entertaining reading but it reminds me of middle school....I still ain't one of the cool kids.

14. Its much like the question " which is better, Daytona or Sturgis ?''
    Sturgis is more about the ride there and the countryside while there, sure there's crazy stuff but that's not the main attraction. Daytona is sort of like this " my bike is better than yours, my hotel room is nicer, my chick is hotter, my trailer is cooler and I can drink more" yep there's some middle school mentality there. But not all of it.

15. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

BIG CREEK , you are always a kool guy .

16. BCR

BCR

Well now we are getting somewhere!:D

Listen to Bowtie guys, he knows what he is talking about.

On a side note of a serious nature,

It was my night to cook, so naturally we are headed to Hays in the Nomad to Taco Shop.... met a "biker" on old 40 and I got the two down low....I live in a small town and recognize the guy....he is a loan officer....peace sign returned

17. Too Bad, because some of the most fun bikes I ever road I couldn't put both feet on the ground at a stop. And with over 40+ years on the street I've yet to fall off.

18. Larry T

Larry T

19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Somebody check the mushrooms in this guys salad. :rolleyes:

20. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

:D,me neither!
    :D

21. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

Rude boyz roll 9 deep yo!.....

22. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

really

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  23. The mushrooms in my salad are fine,somebody needs to check the music,its changing colors and the light is making my arm itchy.

24. So let me see if I have this correct, I build Bikes, hot rods, and my daily driver is a Jeep, so that explains why I get all the hot :rolleyes::D;):p:cool:

25. Does your wrist get tired too? :D

(From all the waving... you sick minded perverts) :rolleyes:

26. LOL, no the wrist gets tired from shooting all those big bore pistols and revolvers I have, hand cannons we call them.

Another reason : chicks dig guns. :D

27. That's right!

Hey Mods, change the title of this thread.

The new title should read: Hot Rodders... Bikers... and Gun Owners :D

They all have something in common and it's not a fuckin' wave.

28. Meditrome

Meditrome

Here is something both Hot rodders and Bikers have in common

Crazy old ladies.....True story

29. Larry T

Larry T

Are we going that far off topic? In before the lock.

[​IMG]

30. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

You met my wife??:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.