Register now to get rid of these ads!

Famous Texas Tracks, Cars, Stories and SpeedShops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 69Chevelle454, Dec 28, 2011.

1. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Here you go my friends!

Attached Files:

2. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Im really sorry I havent posted any drag racing pics guys, I know thats what you all want to really see.

Attached Files:

3. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Attached Files:

4. partsrivet

partsrivet

Thunderwagon prepares for a pass at Green Valley. Seemed like Labor Day is a good time to celebrate the old days here. [​IMG]

5. partsrivet

partsrivet

Track owner Bill McClure photographs the proceedings at the Thunderwagon makes a pass down his track. [​IMG]

6. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Amazing my friend, I love it!

I want to thank the Admins for giving me some leeway on the date cutoff, its really hard to find pictures around this area, specifically within a small time period.

Attached Files:

7. Not HAMB friendly but anyone remember the small can am style rocket ? kart that sat beside the tower at Green Valley ? Almost looked like someone left it there, never saw it move. Anyone know its history ?

8. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Sorry bud I was born in 1984 and never saw Green Valley or even heard about it until i was in my teenage years. But the owner of Green Valley when it was shut down did/does own Kennedale Drag strip and moved most everything there including the bleachers which are still there.

Attached Files:

9. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Enjoy my friends.

Attached Files:

10. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

BlownBlu55 was looking for a picture of Lindley Isonhood's car on the Drag Cars in motion thread.
    [​IMG]

11. Does anyone have anything from the infamous Temple Academy Raceway?

12. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

Great photo of the Houston Balancing sponsored little street roadster. The Ol' Ranchy man himself from Houston,TX Willis Ragsdale. Man! when this car ran it was the loudest car I have EVER heard on a drag strip.
    Last time I heard Willis Ragsdale was still alive and well build a street rod. Anyone have any update on him. Willis is a legend in Texas. I have some video of him at the Winternationals winning I believe what they called Little Eliminator title. I spoke with him once about his travels to Calfornia and he said they flat-towed (no trailer) the car with tow bar from Houston to California. Said it was quite a trip. Hard to believe such a long trip with only a tow bar. Just how it was done back then. Load up-lets go! Wild!

1940 Willys Coupe

13. I guess you fail to accept the HAMB as a trditional hotrod
    forum..not a sports car forum..And for your information,
    I attended every race at Green Valley. and can name most of the "drag" cars in your posts,,know most of the owners personally..I was only telling you to stay on topic
    but not to worry,I will not comment or return to your thread

14. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

I didnt say you didnt have the experience or the knowledge but with over 20k views or so you are the first to have any negative statements. It wasnt what you said it was the way you said and I appreciate you not returning.

15. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Have fun

Attached Files:

16. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Sorry for reposts.

Attached Files:

17. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

By the way for someone who is said to have attended "Every Green Valley race" and knows "every car and every driver in the pictures" you certainly didnt contribute to the thread. Stories where asked for, information, pictures, anything but you just sat back and enjoyed what you saw until you found something you didnt like and pounced.

18. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

He is a pretty negitive old guy....just ignore him and he will go police the intro forum....

Cool pictures, thanks for taking the time to post!

19. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Thanks bud, appreciate it.

20. rfraze

rfraze

Not Too Cool, Mr. Owner of the Thread. For one who never even attended a day at Green Valley, you may look back, once you figure out who you just 86ed, and realize it might have been handled differently. Let's just say, what if, all your pics and keepsakes were lost in a tragic fire some time ago. What pictures would you post? Operating a computer is not the easiest for some of us who have the stories to relive, the one's you long to hear. Not everything is a confrontation, that you have to REACT to. Try listening. Maybe, just maybe, he was trying to tell you something.

Now, who's got some pics of Custom Automotive?

21. X2! For a lot of us, Bob needs no introduction, and was deep in the hot rod scene here in North Texas for decades. He has the respect that is reserved for those who really were there.

22. Larry T

Larry T

Ya might have kind of stepped in it, jumping on WBRW32 and sorta showing an attitude against "old guys". Who do you think was there when it was open?

Ask most of the guys that were around back then about Green Valley and they'll tell you "It was a drag strip". Sure, they held road races there. I never heard of any, but it wouldn't suprise me to hear they held music concerts and non automotive events too.

Just saying that if you're really looking for info, you might not want to run your sources off.

23. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

You did not see his original post which was deleted by the admin because of how rude it was. All I asked is that he be nicer about it that is all. You guys can like the thread or not, you can post in the thread or not but I have to say the majority of the "sources" have come from myself and outside this thread and not you guys.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  24. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Like I said, when he puts in all caps that what I am posting is CRAP then he has lost all his rights to my respect. All he had to say was "hey man just keep it drag related". Would have been taken nicely without incident. But just because someone has the experience and has "been there" doesnt give him the right to treat people without respect. And as you can see he has posted a few times on the thread before without incident.

25. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

The SCCA Championships where held there, Carroll Shelby did his original testing for his cars there, ZZTOP would preform there often and Eval did his bus jump there.

26. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Few more for the day.

Attached Files:

27. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

the photo with the Hemi Honker and Buckeye&Vernons AWB's is Indy 1966

28. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Oops thanks bud, Like I said Ive tried to combine all of the pictures of strips in Texas and surrounding states but I dont have a reference point sometimes.

29. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I just got this recently from my little brother who got it out of my Dad's garage when he died. I never knew where it had gone, and it ended up in a hot storage building and is wrinkled and ruined as what it was, a fender protector. I'm assuming my dad won it, possibly with his AA/FA, "Different Drummer". I don't know that for sure and my older brother doesn't remember either. But, it's authentic and cool, and I'm proud to have it in my shop.

Attached Files:

30. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

Amazing bud, I have never seen one before I love it. Id love to find someone who could reproduce it for myself and maybe others?