Register now to get rid of these ads!

steel wheel help 4.75 backspace

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by R.Grundy, Sep 6, 2012.

1. R.Grundy

R.Grundy
    from Sarnia Ont

anyone know who makes a 15x7 5x4.5 bolt circle with a 4.75 backspace? or if there is such a wheel? thanks.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I always get positive and negative offset mixed up. Are you trying to move the tires in more ? If so, I have ordered wheels in the past from various companies, like Superior Wheel, Wheel Vintiques, Stockton Wheel, etc and they custom made them to give me about 4 inches of inset to move the tires inward. I have a set of those on my 27 right now.

Don

3. R.Grundy

R.Grundy
    from Sarnia Ont

yeah im trying to move the tires in closer to the leaf spring on the back of my falcon. i kinda figured i was going to have to get some custom made ones. not sure how easy that will be up here in canada

4. raprap

raprap
    from Ohio

Look up PetePaulsen Wheels in California. He makes custom wheels and offsets to any size you want. A great guy and superb products!

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There is a limit on how much they can offset a wheel in or out. I think it depends on where the flat spot lays on the rim of the wheel. I think the ones on the back of my 27 are 7 inchers and they were able to go almost 4 inches in, as I recall. It saved me having to narrow the rear end.

I would start calling wheel suppliers and they can tell you for sure. Shipping to Canada shouldn't be a really big issue in this. Surprisingly, steel wheels aren't all the expensive to have built to your specs.

Don

6. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

If your looking for custom built steel wheels, go to http://www.mrt-wheels.com/catpages/wheel%20parts.html They built mine special. They build rims and have a quick turn around. Cost for my custom build and custom off set was the same (slightly lower) then the big box store crowd for off the shelf cookie cutter stuff. I'm a happy camper and they fit like a glove. Make sure your know what you want before you order. Yes, I had a tuff off set to get, but they did it! I'm sure there are other places that are just as good, but I know what worked for me.

7. squirrel

squirrel

just a wild guess, but look at stock wheels off an early 90s ford crown victoria (cop car), 1992 or 1993 around then.

8. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

That's a lot of backspacing, unless you are talking about a 9" wide wheel!
    Might be worth looking at front wheel drive wheels!
    I had Nostalgia do a set of 15 x 7 and they could only go about 4 or 4 1/2" backspacing. Depends on the wheel hoop.

9. 26 roadster

26 roadster

My Torque thrust wheels are 15x8 w/ 5" bs, fronts are 15x7 w/4.25" bs. They were special order though. Squirrel is right on the Crown Vic wheels, early ones that were 15" had 5" bs and the 16" are cool looking, I have used them on Comet Cyclones and Fairlanes.

10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Check the wheels on a 90/91 or so Dodge Grand Caravan. Too ugly to run w/o a hubcap but dirt cheap and easy to find. The centers may be wrong but it wouldn't hurt to check.

11. I was going to say that the bolt circle wouldn't be correct but Toronado or El Dorado wheels would have about that back space. Front drive would be a good place to look if you wanted an over the counter wheel.

12. squirrel

squirrel

There you go....

My guess is that FWD wheels will have too much back spacing.