Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wanted!!! 1964/65 Ford Falcon A/FX Pics!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FAST EDDIE'S HOT ROD SHOP, Nov 24, 2009.

1. the best dad has run is a 10.3 its running a 468 chev

2. Kool Falcon, saw it in Bakersfield before!

3. That's where he brought it before shipping it to new zealand

4. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie;you back from your trip?Your ears should have been burning last weekend[CHRR],you were severely roasted and could not defend yourself!!I had the "NEW" T-shirt on,it was a hit!We were asked all weekend,"where is Fast Eddie",so your absence was noted!!!!C-YA , ROY.

5. zombie289

zombie289
    from SoCal

Anyone know the strory of this beastie?? Seen @ SEMA this year... Have not seen the build on here...

[​IMG]

6. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

WOW. I love it. Just the way I envision my sedan to look when finished. Wheel location, wheelwells, stance, injectors. Like it was built by my twin brother.....Mike

7. 65COMET

65COMET

FAST EDDIE;are you alive?Snowed In? Have not heard a word from the Colorado Gang in a LOOOOOONG time!!!!!!Maybe you are under the welding hood working on your wagon!! ROY.

8. chinbeard

chinbeard
    from Hull UK

it's on this page http://www.ssandafx.com/complete.html says Bob Reems of Arizona

9. nugget32

nugget32

Looks a lot like Sam Balkins Cammer car from the 60's.

10. tpw35

tpw35

Progress on Southern Comfort.

Attached Files:

11. Looks great!! Are those copper brake lines?

12. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Oh...Oh.....one popcorn and one dead horse please!:D

13. tpw35

tpw35

copper nickel alloy.

14. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Nice looking job.....but unprotected brake lines and fuel lines in the bellhousing area are a no-no if the car is ever going to be raced at a dragstrip.

15. tpw35

tpw35

What do they need to be protected with?

16. I ran my gas and brake lines alongside the frame rail on the driver side, they just can't be in the trans tunnel where the drive shaft could break and damage them .. I like the look of that tubing though!

17. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

If the car is an automatic it will probally slide through tech.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  18. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

tpw35

A beautiful job. The headers look great (what a basket of snakes). Just the motivation I need to get back to work on my car. Now that I have birthday & christmas money I can start shopping for parts again.....Mike

19. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;get your old dead ass out in the shop and get to work!!!! ROY.

20. cooljunk

cooljunk

Here are two shots of my Falcon found on the web lately.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Roy

I've been "busy" on the Falcon since CHRR. Probably well over 100 hrs of cutting, grinding, drilling, welding, etc. But when I step back and look I don't see much progress (nothing to take pictures of). Now that I have new funding I can move forward with subframe connectors, traction bars & roll cage. It should be ready for soda blasting by the time I get tax money back. As long as I can stay ahead of "pokey" Eddie I'll be OK.

How's the new engine coming?

22. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;you should have NO trouble staying ahead of Fast Eddie!!!!! My Comet is all apart[AGAIN] found some water leaks after CHRR,pulled and tore down the engine,sent a new block out to be checked and prepped for my parts,it will be down for some time as funds are non-existant!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! ROY.

23. 65COMET

65COMET

FAST EDDIE;you alive?Anything happening at the shop? ROY.

24. Keep the thread alive! Some pictures of my new graphics and Dick Brannan's car.

Attached Files:

25. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Keeping this thread alive is a good thing. I, for one, really enjoy seeing all of the pictures and reading the stories behind them.

Attached are a few pics of the Wild Child from back in the day. I really like the pic of the car running the track and the person on the side

Attached Files:

26. I recently spoke with the owner of the Don Havers bfx car... It is still in Canada... unrestored...I am waiting for some pictures

27. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

I had heard that the Don Haver's car was still around but had never been able to actually confirm or locate it. I would love to talk with the owner. Can you hook us up?

As you might know, there were 7 HiPo Falcons built in Canada; four Futura Hardtops, and three post sedans. Of that 7, only three were outfitted with Ford BFX parts: The Rankin Ford Wild Child, Wood Larkin's Gold Digger, and Don Haver's Mr. 289. The fourth hardtop, Teachers Pet, never got any of the special BFX parts. The BFX option was never available for the post sedan cars.

I have attached documentation regarding these cars. Any help in connecting with the owner of Don Haver's car or finding the Gold Digger would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

Attached Files:

28. ImageUploadedByTJJ1358872648.678417.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. Hey joe, I have been following all your posts religiously as it relates to your car, and have previously saved all this information from previous posts... It is super helpful and interesting, especially to someone who is recreating one. I will contact the owner of the Havers car and give him your email... I don't know if he wants people knowing or what, I would rather let him make that decision then me mess something up... One thing he did tell me is that the car is an orangey yellow, not the straight yellow as it appears in all the Internet pictures... I also spoke to Don Havers about a year ago and asked a bunch of questions in the building of my car, he is a really nice guy!

30. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks fiveoh108 for the interest in my car. I have tons of detailed pictures of my car so if you want anything let me know and I will share whatever info I have.

I would love to talk to both the owner of the car and Don Havers. That would be most awesome if you could help to facilitate that.

As you can probably imagine, I consider myself to be one very lucky person to own the Wild Child and probably even luckier to have driven the car on the track. I remember the first time I heard a cammer motor. For a car guy it was sort of like your first girlfriend; something you never forget.

For the most part, the Wild Child is retired from racing, even exhibition runs. After nearly destroying the car on a run at New England Dragway and and a very expensive blow up at Indy Raceway Park I felt it was more important to preserve history than to destroy it.

If you ever get out to Massachusetts you should come over to see the car. I am always looking for a good excuse to fire it up.

Regards,
    Joe