Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some more local U Pull It finds!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950-mercury, Sep 5, 2012.

1. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Here are some more cars and trucks showing up at the local U Pull Its. I know some are off topic, but I thought I'd show you guys how many old cars and trucks are showing up their. It kills me thinking how these will be a honda civic one day, so I'm saving as many parts as I can. I wish I had more room to store alot more parts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Shit man, that's not to bad for a pic n pull lot. Dont see much old stuff around here since they wen't all corporate.

3. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Dam theres alot of good parts on thoes cars....

4. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

5. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

6. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

7. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Looks like the same type of "older" cars I see in the junk yards out here. sombodys old project with 4 doors and/or worn out old trucks...

8. man i could use the top of the quarter trim off that 49 chevy , the driverside quarter extension on the 60 t-bird and the door/quarter window mechanisms from the 70 mustang

9. RED-EYE-KUSTOMS

RED-EYE-KUSTOMS
    from CA

I just came across a 64 Buick Electra as I was looking for another item at one of ours. Pulled the 45 fin drums off for $17 a piece plus the crap core and enviornmental fees. I got the pair for just under $50.

10. RED-EYE-KUSTOMS

RED-EYE-KUSTOMS
    from CA

Also, still had the nailhead in it. The bad thing is the intake was open and god knows how much water and crap has made it's way in.

11. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I know, I've seen 3 or 4 Buicks with the nailheads still in them. Kills me!!!

12. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

we don't get too many cool old cars in the pick-n-pull lots around here, mostly it's cars towed off the streets.

I remember a 64 Chevy 2 door I saw a few years back, it must have been pretty nice because it was stripped to the bone when I saw it.

I'd love to have that 50 Chevrolet to part out. there is not one part on a 49 -54 that will not sell on ebay.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'd have the 9" out of that 'Bird and the front brake drums off of that Riviera in my shop by now if I were you.

14. afaulk

afaulk

If you'd pull every piece of stainless trim you can find you won't regret it. The repro. stuff is just high priced junk.

15. The Stude pickup front fenders would sell quick, the trans in the Riviera if it's a '64; heck the motor too. Lots of opportunities to make money there.

16. 1oldrat

1oldrat

The engines out of the Olds Toronados would sell

17. Yes, the '69 should have a 455 with the C-heads and 10:1 compression, supposed to be super desirable. Although I have the whole front stub out of one with that motor and no one's asked about it pretty much ever. You'd do better with them if they have tilt-tele columns (the one I parted did), they'll flip fast for $150 if they're all there.

18. Keith English

Keith English

either one of those studes have the chrome piece on the end of the hood...the one that says STUDEBAKER...

19. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

While wandering the Ford section Sunday, what did I find stuck in the middle but a '46. Must have had 200 lbs of bondo but a solid frame. In true U-Pull form, some asshole sawed off the ends of the front axle to get the spindles.

20. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

These trim rings would be nice to have. Let me know if we can work something out if you feel like pulling them.
    [​IMG]

21. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I started to part out the 50 chevy. I got the front fenders, which were rust free, one rust free inner fender, hood and trunk emblems, grille, front splash pan, and a few other parts. Hope to get some more parts.

22. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I'll let you know if they're still there when I go back.

23. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

24. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Just don't have your toes under it when removing those headlight rings...looks as though a sneeze will send that truck off those wrecking yard jack stands.

25. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Cool pics. Would love to dig around those cars and see what is there!

26. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Haha!! I was removing a luggage rack off a 61 falcone station wagon, and stood on the bumper of the car behind it, and the car came crashing down!!! Thank God it didn't kill me.

27. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

No problem.

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

I want a Stude pickup so bad!

29. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

I guess I see it a little different , I am glad they are in a parts yard instead of "passing go , and not collecting the $100" (as in monopoly terms) these cars are in the place that any and everyone who needs the parts can get them , not in a scrapyard where you cant buy a lugnut , sure, you may not be able to purchase the whole car , but , where I'm located , these kind of parts cars are either already crushed for the instant gratification of some pillhead , or in a private collection of parts cars where the only people that can buy the parts are the good ol' buddies...Good going U-PULL-IT....part them out to save the others...

30. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

If Ebay fees were not as ridiculous as they are, and if shipping big parts wasn't such a hassle, a guy could almost make some money buying parts off those cars and selling them to people who could use them. Somewhere there is someone going crazy trying to find some little piece off of one of those cars. If you could only find that guy you would be doing him a favor and helping to get an old car on the road.

Don