Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. daddio211

daddio211

Sounds like good news for a change, at least as good as can be considering the crap they've put you through.

I'm glad to see the shop owner is taking responsibility. Still, after hearing of your experience, what they posted here, and their responses to the legal system, I'd NEVER take a vehicle to them. Hopefully they redeem themselves, it sounds like they're on the right road.

2. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Blake84, I think you have handled all of this very well. Good job!! :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. el_bole

el_bole

Love the color and white walls....yeah bags are bad a$$!!!

4. Blake84

Blake84

So......my no limit kit sent lower arms for coil overs not bags which delayed my trip to the shop until Tuesday.....however the shop set a few pics.....the frame rails are plated....the frame is straightned out.....the rack and cross member are in place. Everything is just tacked until Jon from no limit approves it..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND LAST......KID STOLE A COP CAR BY MY HOUSE....THEN WRECKED IT FLEW THROUGH WINDSHIELD AND BOTH HIS LEGS WRRE SEVERED OFF......DUMBASS...
    [​IMG]

5. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Hard to tell from those pix, but it looks a LOT more solid....kinda like your rear end!!

ANW, the new approach - straighten, strengthen, measure, tack, get inspected - shows a lot better transparency, and it says a lot about you that you gave them another chance do get it right!!

You deserve a good outcome!!

6. deto

deto

HOLY SHIT! i heard about that today on the news. Expensive joy ride...

7. n847

n847

Good for you...Bad for the dumb ass kid! keep us posted!

8. Blake84

Blake84

So went to the shop today to visit the truck......the owner Kevin said he drove the truck after I left last time and that it scared the shit out of him and that I have every right to be pissed...he upped his insurance policy to be allowed to test drive on the fwy because of this situation. Again he was super cool and super nice and we went over all the measurements and details of the new suspension..... This set up looks so amazing. I'm really excited to drive it.....steering just has one knuckle instead of 3. It moved the wheel up so I can actually fit without steering hitting my thigh..... We did run into an issue.....my truck has a front sump oil pan which does not work with this kit or really with any kit because the rack and cross member....so we have to find rear sump for a 223 inline 6. Notch this oil pan and then run hoses and a larger oil filter to make up for the lost oil in the pan. Or we are going to try and flip it around and re drill screw holes and change gasket because it is symmetrical...anyone know what do do with inline 6 223 oil pan issue? Other than that everything is great. I took some pretty shitty pictures but here they are. Everything is only tacked not solid welds yet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. rampant150

rampant150

So what about buddy who did the original work? Does he still have a job?

Looks great by the way.

10. Blake84

Blake84

I believe he still works at the shop....i saw his bad ass truck there today. not sure never met the guy in person. All I know is the shop owner has been super cool and apologetic. And based on what I saw today I was super happy. All measurements were square and perfect all the way around. It just looks so much better and STRONG. its got a sway bar and looks like I could take corners at 50. I am just excited to see what a real suspension feels like. Even the owner admitted he had white knuckles when he took my truck on the fwy. All i know is all said and done I am super happy how this got resolved. I have no hard feelings with the shop. And i believe this was a learning experience for myself and the shop owner. I agree it should never have left his shop in the condition it was in and he also said that himself. Hopefully this entire situation helped save someone else and i got a better suspension and hes running a tighter ship. :D:D

11. The Big M

The Big M

I have seen photos of a rear sump pan on a 223 before. I believe they may have been factory on earlier trucks (say '55 or so) but I can't say for sure.

12. Blake84

Blake84

we just decided to notch the pan he is doing all labor free of charge.

13. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

No Limit and their great looking kits. It's nice to see an owner agree with people and take responsibility. I was feeling pretty good about my fab skills from your original pics. You should bring it to the ST show if its done. We are supposed to have the Studebaker there with the frame done and driving again.

14. deto

deto

I give you credit man. I wouldn't have gone back but it looks like it worked out good for you. To forgive is divine...

15. Looks Good. I Had One That I Chopped The Top On. I Learned not to Mess with Those Curved Winshields anymore.. Lol

16. Blake84

Blake84

What's the st show? It's done on Tuesday. When is the show?

17. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah, hes sweepin the floors real good :D

ST is Severed Ties.
    Im so glad it worked out, althou i knew it was your best bet for so many reason, you are never sure till its done. Good stuff.:cool:

18. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

19. hershambob

hershambob

have you drivern it yet

20. Blake84

Blake84

No......but I went and visited today and was SOOOO happy with the result so far.......we ran into issues with the oil pan but had one custom made and not notched like we were planning. I was there while the engine got put back in and was also able to watch the new bags cycle. WHAT A DIFFERENCE....I HONESTLY COULD NOT BE HAPPIER.....the welding looks way better and the truck sits PERFECT...due to the new oil pan we had to wait 24 hours for the sealer to dry and I am going out of town until next thursday or friday. The truck is done and will be taken on test drive MONDAY!....i will call him and see how she drove...I will update as soon as I get her back home on thursday or friday.. But overall I am very very happy.....nervous about a custom oil pan but very happy with the suspension...oil pan was pressure tested and everything but just dont like the word CUSTOM anymore due to my previous CUSTOM suspension:D

here is a pic of her aired out and believe me the wheels are SOOO much more straight hardly any camber and it will be alligned on monday.....he even took my radiator to the radiator shop and had it welded for me because i showed him I had a pretty large crack in the top seam......

[​IMG]

21. chaddilac

chaddilac

Glad it got sorted out... I'm really surprised they were able to do it judging by the previous work they did!

22. Blake84

Blake84

I also want to ad the fact that I brought one of my employees who has built several hot rods and has helped me and he was VERY impressed with the craftmanship not only in my car but the other vehicles he currently has at his shop....You would never believe that my truck came out of there if you stopped by and saw the work there. I know alot of people do not forgive and forget but in the end this was a HUGE pain in the ass but ended up working its self out .

I really appreciate everyones expertise and help in this cluster F**K i went through.....if it wasnt for you guys I honestly would not have known any better and thought everything was cool...This was actually a great learning experience for me in many ways and I just want to thank everyone......

23. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Its looking good now!

24. Ruggie

Ruggie

I have followed this thread from the start and im glad it's all geting worked out, the truck is looking good.

25. Blake84

Blake84

PICKED UP TRUCK.......DROVE LIKE A DREAM! Cruised home at 70 mph 1 finger on the wheel.... Turns amazing. Dropped all the way down I can turn without scraping. I'm super happy with the turn out.....

There is one small issue....because I had to have an oilpan made to clear the rack, the sway bar was hitting the oil pan.....the sway bar had to be moved down 2 inches.. It needs to have a few adjustments made to the sway bar but nothing major....

I drove it about 60 miles from shop with zero issues....

Just thought I'd let everyone know that it is corrected and good....

26. deto

deto

Man that's awesome. I'm stoked for you

27. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

Congrats. Now post up some new pics. Nice to see a shop step up and correct issues.

28. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Great outcome!!!!

enjoy the hell outta it!!!!!!!!!!!!