Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anti-bag 49-52 Chevy thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by matthew mcglothin, Nov 15, 2011.

1. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

bagged or not, everything is better lowered.

2. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Yea... I know... I'm a bit of a hypocrit now huh, now that my 51 is gone ... I own a bagged truck. Go figure! Yeti is right, low is the way to go bagged or not!

3. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

Yep! I'm havin fun! Super nice truck
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1335918582.278269.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

4. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I don't blame you.. I was against the idea of that truck leaving with a different guy because I love that truck but your '51 is growing on to me. I think you both came out ahead on that one, if that's even possible.

iPhone - TJJ app

5. rtomss

rtomss

Nothing to fancy here....3" drop coils up front and 3" blocks in back with a leaf or two removed. I try to stay away from railroad tracks.

Attached Files:

6. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I've been wanting a pickup for awhile now. I've owned my 51 for about 5 years. Don't worry you'll see the truck at roundup next year! It was also kinda weird leaving my car behind at the show.... Felt sad:(.

7. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Good. Glad to hear it'll still be a Round-Up regular. Will you be making changes to it to make it "yours", if you know what I mean?

iPhone - TJJ app

8. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

I'll probably leave it as is for awhile and enjoy it . Love the looks of it now. Maybe update with a new wiring harness and some new rear wheel tubs. But in in the future I'm seeing it in a new set of mint green artillery wheels. I've always love these wheels for some reason.
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1335926135.799273.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

9. [​IMG]
    I like the way this car sits and I like the way the roof flows. Sorry the pic is so big but I did a copy and paste and this is how it turned out.

10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I quite agree with you on that one.. Very nicely done.

11. SlickRick83

SlickRick83
    from merced

Hey Matthew, that truck is killer. Whats the color on the bottom?? Oh by the way, look what happened to mine last Friday.:mad::(
    [​IMG]

12. Lucky444

Lucky444

Oh man, so sorry. Not sure how I would handle that!

I'm assuming you survived intact since you're posting this.

13. atomickustom

atomickustom

WINNER!
    If channeling was good enough to bring down the ass on the La Jolla Chevy, it's as traditional as it gets.
    Tech thread and/or build thread, please? Me likey.

14. Lots of nice Chevys in this thread!

15. dB Zac

dB Zac

thats like saying, I want pics of custom paint but only paint jobs that were done with single stage paint LOL :D

16. 1951 chevy channeled 2", rear fenders extended 12", front fenders extended 3", widened each side 2" and chopped!! The kicker is that it used to be a 4door and oh yes the roof comes off too. This is on my top 5 of coolest cars ever.

Attached Files:

17. JVK54

JVK54

Hey Ric,,That SUUUUUCCCKS!..hope you are OK...I mean physically..Godamn, I'm sick just looking at your car..can't imagine how you feel.

18. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

i'll play... 3" jamco springs up front, 3" blocks in the rear. I'd like to go a little lower in the rear but dont want to mess with a C-notch... too many other things need to be done

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. JVK54

JVK54

Here's where I wound up with overall profile. 3" cut Jamco coils up front. 3" dropped Posie Sliders with 3" blocks in the rear (yup..it took a 6" overall drop to just get the rear to sit like that)..4" chop in A and B pillars with rear window moved forward about 2.5"...nuthin' too it!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Here's mine. Not that low, but it rides, handles and doesn't bang off of itself. Dropped upright and steering arms, 2" blocks, stock springs.

Attached Files:

21. Sir X Loin

Sir X Loin

Yeah Jesse! Looking Awesome!!!

22. Sir X Loin

Sir X Loin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4" blocks in back.
    Drop spindles and 1.5 cut coils up front. Glasspacks are flattened by the Maine roads.

23. JVK54

JVK54

Love that car

24. JVK54

JVK54

Ok..So I'm currently running 3" Jamco coils up front which are working out fine. In back are 3" dropped Posie sliders with 3" blocks . The stance is perfect..It's exactly what I want. BUT I'm bottoming out really bad with the pumpkin slamming into the trunk floor on even small bumps. I don't want to rip everything apart and re-tunnel and c-notching the frame ain't gonna solve this issue..SO, I'm thinking maybe air shocks with a very simple compressor set up in the rear,, Does anyone know or a compatible air shock ..or have a suggestion. Yeah I could go to smaller blocks, but I love the way the car sits now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

I have the same setup in my 53. I was also bottoming out on every little bump in the road. Installed Monroe Max-Air shocks MA700, they are the same ones that will fit your car. I just carry a gallon tank of spare air. Pump the shocks up before I leave, if I am going to a show or something and want to lower it I release the air and fill it back up before I head back home.

26. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Great thread! I'm getting lots of ideas for my Olds. Subscribed.
    Tom

27. So did you go lower then you originally planned? Is that why you are bottoming out ? Great loookin chevy.

28. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Just figure out where the pumpkin hits the floor, and mark it and cut it out. then weld a baby moon hubcap over the hole and that will give you clearance.

That's what Sam Barris did on his Merc. :)

Edit: Thats a great looking Chevy, and the stance is perfect, so I'd hate to see you have to raise it up. Looks so much better than it would laying on its rockers

29. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

(sorry i missed the part about stock and no mustang 2 but in these pics it is still mostly stock)

Mine is a 53 but the frame is basically the same. Right now it has the original front end under it with Fatman dropped uprights and Jamco 1inch lowering springs. Getting a custom, scratch made m2 with adjustable coilovers to get it a bit lower in the front.

The rear is scratch made with 95 Chevy pickup shackles. Moved the posies 3 inch drop springs in and up. Got a total of 8 inches of drop with stock travel and no scrub line issues.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1346779445.724410.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1346779507.810232.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1346779524.456726.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1346779543.425818.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1346779561.611955.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1346779574.879591.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  30. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

1 1/2 coils cut and 3" blocks.

Attached Files: