Register now to get rid of these ads!

The future project of my daughter and I 26? T coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kc0kfg, Sep 3, 2012.

1. kc0kfg

kc0kfg

I was surfing Craigslist and saw this for free!! the deal was I would not scrap it, drove down about an hour and a half met Matt and his wife (great people by the way ) He was going to build it but never got around to it, figured it was time for a new home.

My seven year old daughter is so excited she calls it hers already.

As you can see the doors are rusted the most since they came off another car but im stoked this was the find of a lifetime.

I was told it was a 26 but how can you tell?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It even came with an A frame and some mid 30's rims

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. myktrans

myktrans

i need the doors!!! :p great score!

3. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

4. Ace_ChopShop

Ace_ChopShop

Gotta love the pull vehicle!

5. kc0kfg

kc0kfg

Funny you say that I know its odd but I have always loved the transport/silhouette vans :)

6. Doors are almost impossible to get, so you'll have to fix those. Same with the deck lid. 26 had wood around the windows, 27 didn't.

7. kc0kfg

kc0kfg

Did you see these He has other parts as well Link

8. Here is my 7 year old ..... :D

[​IMG]

That is a great start for a Father Daughter Build ..... ;)

Jim

9. kc0kfg

kc0kfg

Here is Mine with "her" car, she is always saying "lets go work in the garage"

[​IMG]

10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

FREE!! Aw, man. You stole that thing, didn't you! ;) Great start for a father-daughter project.

11. Great picture .... :)

Hope you two do a build together

Man they grow up so fast - I am seeing my oldest daughter
    later this week when I pick up a 55' Nomad Wagon in CA.

She is 28 now - seems like just yesterday she was 7 .... ;)

Jim

12. Weasel

Weasel

Score for you both! Early '26s had headlight stands, later '26s and '27s had a crossbar...

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

14. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Your doors and deck lid are gold,if you find replacements you will pay big bucks. Fix yours. Cool project.That is great your daughter is interested,have her help as much as possible so she feels part of it.

15. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

A few chunks missing but at least what is there looks quite good and it does not look like it has had loads of plates welded into it so you should be able to tell what shape it should be.

David

16. WØZZY

WØZZY
    from Tyler,MN

Hi, My name is Matt and this is my first post to the HAMB, but definitely not my first visit.

The car in this thread used to belong to me. The other day I decided to post it on Craigslist and I want to tell you why.

It's been a hobby of mine in the last few years to scout for vintage steel. My brother and I have spent many hours driving around the region looking for barn finds and grove treasures. My dad works at a machine shop and does the same sometimes when he's working on farms. It drives my wife crazy that I sometimes spend more time looking at farms we drive past than I do the road.

I have many pictures of cars that will never become anything because their owners won't sell them at any price. They always say they are going to fix them up, but meanwhile they just sink into the dirt and rust away. It's frustrating, but also part of the reason that the cars are still around. Otherwise the scrappers (who are too stupid to see value in anything beyond it's weight) get to them and they're gone forever. I work a few blocks from Alter Metal Recycling and have brokenheartedly watched many good cars go in on trailers. It literally makes me sick.

I got this car six years ago. My dad found it for me from a guy who was actually willing to part with it. I had big plans and good intentions for it, but never seemed to have time or money. It spent a few years in the garage before I needed more room, and then it went into a camper I had in the backyard for a few more years. When I sold the camper, it sat outside - I HATED seeing it sit outside. The other day I was looking at it and I noticed it was rusting through in places where it didn't used to be rusted through. I realized I was no better than the people I criticize for leaving cars sit. I took a picture and put it on Craigslist.

I received close to a hundred emails about this car. Most were people wanting it, but there were some who just wanted to say how much they supported what I was doing. I emailed lots of people and called a couple looking for the right fit. Then I got an email from Brian with a link to his current project . He told me he would post pictures and progress to this site - how could I say no to that!? I'm really looking foward to watching this build and am also going to send a link to some of the people who sent me encouraging emails on Craigslist.

Good Luck on your project! It's going to be a lot of fun to stop in now and then to see how it's going. :)

17. Iron Dog

Iron Dog
    from Minnesota

Now that's Minnesota Nice!

18. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

And the beat goes on...

20. ssimpala

ssimpala

Now that's just a really cool story all the way around. Looking forward to the build thread. :)

21. Well ...

I alread rated this Thread 5 stars, so all I can add is a Blue Ribbon

Jim

Attached Files:

22. WØZZY

WØZZY
    from Tyler,MN

It's kind of sad nothing ever came of this. But, life happens I guess.