Register now to get rid of these ads!

'28 A Modified/Trayless RPU - first build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lamb, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Lamb

Lamb

Cheers Don,
    I'm going to start framing the shell and making the back panel during the week/weekend

2. striper

striper

Been a while since I checked in Owen. Looking good. I was a little concerned by this pic. Looks like you have very little clearance between your frame horns and axle. Might be OK if it really does sit there when everything settles but I know mine sunk a good inch or more than I had planned.

By the way you have that tank mounted the wrong way. The "auxilliary" tank goes on the left ;)

[​IMG]

Pete

3. Lamb

Lamb

Hey Pete, there is 4" or more between the horn cut out and the axle, I'm thinking I'll have to sort out a spring for the front so ride height is as per the mock up.

Thanks for the info on the tank, it's just sitting on some patio tube currently to see how it fits in.

4. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Anything new??

5. Lamb

Lamb

fair bit new sir, sold all the A panels and am buying the tudor T body so I'm going to start a new thread soon. Chassis front end is rolling and shock mounts are done on all corners.

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I'll keep an eye out for the new thread. Best of luck with the T body!

7. Lamb

Lamb

thanks man, I've been watching my subscription to your build.
    I'm going to do some concept drawings of the T this week so I can start a new thread.

8. Lamb

Lamb

long update time, well the T was a bit too daunting so sold it to a mate to build and reverted back to the old model A.
    I had to relocate into my little home shop so here is kind of what has happened.

sorting it for the move - got her rolling on the 17's and she had her first taste of sunlight. had to re-arrange all of my things and then start getting motivated again, should be easier now that it's at home it's just dealing with the lack of space.
    the front and back will raise up about 1" once I sort the rear spring and fit the later model front bones.
    [​IMG]

then it was time to get stuck into the body...
    had the parts blasted turned out ok
    [​IMG]

basic mock up on the table
    [​IMG]

sill panels and floor frame coming together
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

starting on the quarters
    [​IMG]

basic body setup, lots of patching and fabrication to do now..
    happy with the seating position and leg room for my stumps so should be good, fingers crossed anyhow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

compulsary test fit and car sound making
    [​IMG]

pulled the heads, found out why the nailhead wasn't rotating - big pain in the ass.
    [​IMG]

9. Cool build! I just scored this today. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1398768765.031193.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!