Register now to get rid of these ads!

Get ready for the RUMBLE in the JUNGLE .... Deadman Curve vs. Lead East

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ArtofHotRod, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

If there is even a hint of seeing another Kustom I have yet to see, I’ll be at Lead East. And what I have learned from all the guys who have become my friends, If you are not there, then shut up. I have been to DMC as have all my friends, and its a great time with tons of cars to enjoy. So if there are two events near each other, you will find me doing what I love to do...taking photos and representing the best cars in the North East.
    Slim

2. hey ! easy on the fat Italian guys...........

3. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Thats what I was thinking, lol...

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Ha, photoshop a GTO, mid 50s Chevy or billet-laden street rod next to that guy and you have pretty much 50% of Lead East.

5. I was there more recently than 15 years ago,
    and they still had a muffler rapping contest.

If anyone loves Lead East, great, go.

Those that are looking for another option, now you have one.

6. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

we work real hard for that money

7. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

I have enjoyed both shows for years and have no connection to either, I just have to ask what you get out of posting silly comments like "lining there pockets" its $30 for two days at one show and $50 a day at the other......... And "despite competitors" aren't we all in it for the same reason. How many of you Pro Lead East or Anti Dead Mans Curve guys or vise virsa would attend both shows if they were on different weekends? Its not about you me or anyone else ITS ABOUT THE CARS go where you want, do what you want and unless you put together your own show QUIT BITCHING!

8. jeffer3299

jeffer3299
    from nj

For the record, Our show is $20.00 per day or $35.00 for both days.

9. alaskaal

alaskaal
    from Delaware

Having never been to lead east but hearing ALOT about it from 57joe....i have to go.
    I am a muscle car junkie that has had his eyes opened to a new view of a different "sort' of automotive appreciation (thanks Joe). I'm building a car for lead east....not the coolest of cars but its mine.
    I have taken heat from the "purist" but insist on using their point of views and advice in building it when i appreciate their ideas. I WILL build it in my style and show it at lead east next year. Will it win any awards.....probably not...who cares....its a ll about the love of our rides.
    Now lets get over which venue is best, whos spending or making the most money and ENJOY what we all love...the unique and stylized vehicles we customize, build, spend wayyyy to much on and wouldnt change for any one!

10. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

Only 9 awards at lead east

11. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I just got off from work on the 1st.. be at DMC! -E

12. Sperduton

Sperduton
    from NJ

Joe, I couldn't have said it any better. That's exactly what we do. Me and my 56 will be chilling with a beverage in the B lot with a bunch of my good buddies. No need to get caught up in politics, etc...It's just a good time.

Nick

13. Have fun, wish I could be there.

14. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

mahwah is where I287meets I87 thruway and rt 17 on the NY/NJ border
    site of the former house of fail ..The Ford Plant

15. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Wish we could have made it. Didnt get today(Fri) off work and couldnt swing the bill for two nights at a hotel for what would be a Sat only show for us.Hope to see pics soon. Gonna plan for next year, Fri and Sat.
    Have a Ball!

16. barry mazza

barry mazza

Hey, don't worry ..be happy with what you got. Down in florida...pretty much nothing .......easy on the "fat gold chain"...crowd....wheres the love??
    Barresse'

17. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

The Magic of any Car Show is from the people who participate in the show. I was in a Club for years. There were always people who always complained and expected to be guaranteed a good time. No matter what they did to create it.
    I am sure there were people who live to create problems or sit all day and complain at both shows. If things are getting watered down at ANY show. What have each of us done to be part of the good time. NO it is not all about money! I have seen that Lead East has always allowed people to bring in coolers and food of their own. One time at Disney Land I got turned away with any drinks or food at the front gate. Had to eat their Expensive food.No carry in food allowed there.
    Insurance and Fire Department have put a cap on Flamethrower event
    Insurance has put a cap on the Riding on back of cars.
    Insurance and Government have put a cap on the Loud Car noise.
    If any of you have noticed the amount of Police and Fire Department that were at Lead East for every moment the show was open! Do you think any promoter wants to have that?
    The Complainters have caused all of the problems and created this Government follow up of this Bad stuff that the Government and Insurance says is not allowed.
    I know I will get beat up on this, But.........

18. Cursinallday

Cursinallday
    from NJ

No competition for Lead East. Will fade away unless maybe changing the date

19. teddyp

teddyp

glad that the dmc had there show alot of cars went to there show to show surpport for rich and the club just wish they had it on a driffrent date wed will always be the warm up party at richie and the week-end lead-east the dmc are a great club and i know this could be a great show if on a new date we need more good shows that are put on by car people like dmc long live dmc and another 30 yrs for lead east

20. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

I went to both shows. Had a blast at both venues. Saw tons of my friends at both shows. How fuckin cool to have two BIG events 20 minutes apart. I saw tons of great Kustoms and Hot Rods at both shows. Look forward to doing again. Had a BAD ASS time.
    Slim.

At Lead East on Friday afternoon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At DMC. on Saturday afternoon.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Really ?? DMC throws a mean party and it will get bigger. The more shows the better

22. If you've been to The Radir Wheels party,
    you know what DMC is capable of.

Their one evening get together, is better than most smaller shows.

23. Cursinallday

Cursinallday
    from NJ

I will bet on that FOG

24. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

change the date and make new friends

25. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Pictures ...Speak for themselves .. Lead East vs. DMC Wild Weekend

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Attached Files:

26. Seems like plenty of room for both shows. I can remember back in the early 70s when car shows were few and far between, so, in my opinion, having to decide which show to go to isn't a bad thing. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

27. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

Yep ..Have 2 shows
    LEAD EAST needs some extra room ..too packed

28. jeffer3299

jeffer3299
    from nj

For all who are wondering, or not same time, same place next year for the WILD WEEKEND. See you there, if you dare. Check www.deadmanscurveusa.com for all news !!!!!!!

29. jeffer3299

jeffer3299
    from nj

DMC at Mahwah!! Aug. 29th, 30th, 31st!! Be there!!!

30. jeffer3299

jeffer3299
    from nj