Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junk yard anyone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33mopower, Aug 31, 2012.

1. 33mopower

33mopower

Though I think the price is way to high it's cool to dream. Or hope they decide to come in and sell it a piece at a time. Ebay item #160834305029

[​IMG]

2. Nonstop

Nonstop
    from CA

Good God! Time to up and leave the Bay Area!!!!!

3. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Almost all those cars dont have any paint left on them. haha Id like to go there though!!

4. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

if they just opened this place up for a few months it would be picked clean before you know it. if only.....the half a million is just for the cars and parts though

5. adamshumard

adamshumard

If it came with the land that would be an ok deal. But moving all that would be a nightmare.

6. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I remember seeing a bunch of posts/articles on the net when this stuff 1st came out of hiding a few years ago. Most of this stuff came out of a densely overgrown old yard that hadn't been touched in decades. If the bottoms of all the loose parts are solid, there's probably a TON of dough to be made just off those parts.There's a good half dozen 33-34 fords in there, and other early ford coupes. Not to mention the cords and other high buck stuff. As was stated, MOVING all of it would be a nightmare!!

7. sunbeam

sunbeam

Can't hold a candle to Stapletions in Dodge city.

8. metalix_421

metalix_421

I agree with sunbeam

sunbeam you been to bobs by enid ok?

9. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wonder where they came up with the price? probably too much work involved for the profit you would get from it.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Just get in there and start advertizing parts. If 1/10 of the talkers ended up buying anything, you'd make some money.
    But when it's available, it sits there, or you get lowballed in the extreme.
    Then when it does move, all the slackers come out and say, "Aww, it's gone...I woulda..."

12. What a pile of junk. I bet most of them don't even run. Why in the world would anyone want any of that old stuff?
    :D

13. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

One of my buddies is seriously looking at that deal, I'd better stay good friends with him.
    At the asking price and the work that needs to be done I would expect the land to be included as well...

14. 200 cars, opening bid of $448,000. That's creating an assumption that EVERY one of those cars is worth at least $2,240.

That's not including the additional parts of course, but I'm just not seeing it. Even at the opening bid I see several difficult years of struggling to make a profit!

15. ac0j

ac0j

Looks like in a few more years it will be a nice lot with a bunch of red stains on the ground. :D

16. abone1930

abone1930

Dude I which I was rich , I would have fun and alot of projects :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. sunbeam

sunbeam

No but it needs looking into thanks

18. metalman

metalman

Watching the vidios I think I'd be interested if I had that type of money lying around. Lets hope some scrapper doesn't figure out there would be a profit crushing it all!

19. Too painful to look at. Sucker bet to me, moving that stuff would be a nightmare.

20. I'd be all over it if I had the money.

It'd take a year or more of full-time work just to get it moved and sorted out, but my God, what a great year that would be. I think that's what heaven will look like.

21. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

If I won the lottery cleaning that place up would be my new full time job. Of course I would sell the stuff I wouldnt use on the hamb and definitely hoard the rest. Boy, I just found my dream job!

22. I would be leery of getting into a world of shit with the EPA with signing away liability from the seller :eek: Definitely worth having a lawyer draw up a contract to be exempt from prosecution since the sale does include a two year lease to remove everything. I doubt they will find a taker, although it would be great to be able to buy a car or two.

23. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

oh my sweet pony jesus....if only i had half a mil lying around the things id do

24. oldolds

oldolds

Did anyone try to google map the place? Ad says within 125 miles OKC

25. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

you would need to buy the land too. no way in hell your going to move all those car and care about them in a two year span. But I still want it!! all!!! lol

26. MRTS33

MRTS33

AC0J,
    Creative avator! :D I like it!!!

27. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

anymore news about this place??

28. junkman8888

junkman8888

Greetings! Years ago the same seller had some choice vehicles up for internet auction, some like the 32 Five Window sold for crazy money, some like the '30's Woody Wagon didn't meet the sky-high reserve and remained unsold, and although the culls were put up for sale multiple times the seller never adjusted the prices to meet reality.

I ended up bidding on one vehicle, a former "roundy-round" model "T" mounted to a mangled frame and had the high bid on the "no reserve" auction until with moments to go someone else bid the item to the moon. A few days later I received the infamous "second chance" offer, repeatedly tried to contact the seller so I could pick up my prize but the dirt-bag never responded.

29. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

LOL. I guess that speaks a ton right there. As "they" always say, talk is cheap.

I am a BIG fan of junkyard owners, as I've said, and often. And everybody has to make a living, or a retirement. But, some of these situations just don't seem to be realistic. Many of these cars have been sitting in the rain and snow for 80 years. They're getting harder, harder, and more costly to render as projects.

Please give the earnest guys, willing to bring these cars back, a chance. Half a million? IMO, I feel that goes beyond fair profit.