Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have ya ever had "that" kinda day?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike1951, Aug 24, 2012.

1. I work next to a hospital/trauma center. Whenever I hear that chopper fly in, I'm reminded my day is not so bad afterall.

2. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

SHIT! i quit bitching about the shitting days--'cause no one was listening they were all crying about bad theirs suck & some suck even worse than mine!I work with a young lady (28yrs old) who is slowly dieing from liver & kidney disease & liver failure! but she just keeps moving forward! fuck if Veronica can show with a smile on her face every damn day knowing she will die & leave her kids {4 &7} without a mother--I sure the hell can just be happy that i'm still kicking even with all my medial issues i'm still better off than some others!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  3. OMG! Shoot the cat:eek:

4. keyster

keyster

When I am having one of those days, remembering that I work at a brewery and my son makes reloading equipment brings back the sunshine.

K

5. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

This reminds me of a guy named Sisyphus. The gods sentenced him to push a bolder up a hill for eternity. Each time he got it to the top, the rock rolled back down the hill and he had to start over. Rather than give them the satisfaction of defeating him, he said screw you, I'll never give up and took his satisfaction from defiance. Sometimes it seems that the struggle is all there is, but don't let a car beat you. Just be patient, have at it until it's fixed and enjoy the victory of a unique ride.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ROFL! Yea, thats about the size of it...:rolleyes:

7. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

8. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

x2 E.M. x2 indeed!

9. afaulk

afaulk

Well, the old lady burned down the house, ran off with the UPS driver and took my 32 Coupe. He shot my dog for guarding the garage, bad day. Good news though, they got killed in a head on before reaching the interstate and the 32 (on the trailer) wasn't even damaged. Sitting here drinking beer and calling all her single friends to help me get over this trauma........

10. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

"That" kind of day? Yeah...back in early May when the doctors told us my wife had Stage 4 cervical cancer and that due to the size & location of the tumours that it was untreatable and she maybe has a year or so to live. Probably the worst day of our lives. :(

11. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

You have retrement property? :confused: Lucky dog. :p

12. Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that, man. Most of us have nothing to complain about when compared to that. I wish you and your wife the best.

13. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Thank you, Saxman. It's been a tough few months for sure, but we're dealing with it. She's going through some treatments right now and once she's done we're taking a month long road trip to the east coast of Canada. Gonna try to make some great memories while we still can.

14. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

Sometimes you feel like a nut...

15. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

That's a hard old road, wish you and your wife the best.

Are you folks from the east?

16. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Found out recently that the pension plan that I will be eligible for in 3 years is now insolvent!
    Pennies on the dollar they say!
    Just another day in Paradise.
    KK

17. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Thank you.

My wife is a born and raised Calgarian and has never been east of Winnipeg. I'd been to NS back when I was a child in the mid 70's, but haven't been back since. I have an uncle and cousin in Moncton that we'll be visiting, plus we'll be playing tourist in the region. What part of the province are you in?

18. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I'm near Sussex, between Moncton and Saint John.

19. Ain't that the drizzlin' shits... I'm eligible now, but will have to work elsewhere until SS kicks in. Our pension is said to be safe, got the 401K to back it up. All should be well until 12/21/12 when the planet cracks in half.

Bob

20. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Guys,
    With all respect and sympathy for those with personal tragedies, as I have my share as well, I thought this thread was going to be about car stuff gone wrong in a tragic-comedy kind of way. Like the days when everything you touch turns to shit instead of gold. Like the days when you should have stayed in bed.

Got me a '63 Falcon unfinished project with a 'freshly rebuilt" 302 back in March. Engine looks SWEET and proves to have never been test run as the assembly lube is still in the valley and crankcase. Piston tops are clean and new as viewed from the spark plug holes. I finish assemble it on a dolly on the floor and get it running. Perfect. Install in car with headers and get it running. Perfect.

Yesterday I installed the dual exhaust system. Started it up for test and climbed under to check for exhaust leaks. Liquid is dripping from joint in exhaust pipe, liquid working its way out of tailpipes (both). Too much water for condensation problem with freshly installed pipes with brandy-new mufflers, this must be headgasket(s), or worse.

I should have stayed in bed.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  21. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Sorry double post.