Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone live near Vintage Speed?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HomemadeHardtop57, Aug 29, 2012.

1. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

If there are any HAMBers who live near Charlie Price's shop could you please Pm me please. Thanks

Jerry

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'm on the other coast but I answered your PM. Let me know if I can answer anything or help.

Don

3. Tired of waiting or got burned? He's got a history.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Looks like it, but he is doing it the classy way and not putting up a flaming thread. I have to respect him doing it like that. :)

Don

5. Never met anybody that didn't get screwed by him including me.

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I can't say that personally. I've bought a few things from them, always got a good deal, and will probably buy again. However, I have only bought from him at shows, pay him there, and take the stuff with me. I have heard some of the issues others have had in their dealings though.

Don

7. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

charlie is a good friend of mine, he is not into screwing anyone, one of the nicest guy's i know.his shop is like a madhouse, maby something or an order got lost. call him.

8. I have never had a issue with ordering and shipping stuff. However, my son (he is 45 and not a kid) was in town and swung by his shop and house and got an awful ass chewing by his wife for stopping by. He left without any interface with Charlie, FWIW

9. If you do a seasrch on here is seems like your good friend has more enemies than friends due to his business practices. One or two complaints I can understand but when whole threads are filled with people complaining there is something wrong.

10. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Ordered plenty of parts from him and never had a problem. Even sent him e-mails and called for set up help & problems, and he's always answered and tried to help.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i got screwed twice,had to rebuild the carbs after i found some type of gum to seal a hole,payed for stuff that didnt come and was told by his ever lovely wife basically to fuck off and dont bother her,dont care what people say he is a rip off and wouldnt deal with him,he needs to get his shit together big time.Selling me a carb with a friginn hole ,patched with some crap i cant identify??.. yeah rip off

12. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

1916 63rd Ct, Vero Beach, FL 32966

13. brad chevy

brad chevy

Boo,if he is such a good friend why don't you drop by and tell him to get his act together,thats what a real friend would do. Sounds like you need to drop a hint to him that he needs someone else taking care of customers besides his wife.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I should note that he told me atleast 2 years ago he'd be selling scott tops for strombergs in a couple months....

15. Great, I just ordered stuff from him yesterday...:rolleyes:

16. Goatdave

Goatdave

Charlie seems like a nice guy. I bought a tripower set up from him at a good price, handed him cash at the Daytona Turkey Run and then waited a month like he said it would take, showed up at my door nicely wrapped. Haven't installed it yet though . . .

17. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

Charlie has always treated me well, no complaints.

18. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Once I got past the wife and convinced him that I was capable, he was very nice to me and explained how to convert the end carbs on Rochester's so I could do it myself. I ordered the conversion parts from his wife, they arrived in less than a week and I was able to build my own trips setup. All my dealings with him have been great.

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Call him? LOL, just so his wife can be a bitch on the phone, no thanks, been there. :eek:

20. And you didn't search here first ???

21. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

this made me LOL!

22. Goodlife

Goodlife

I am glad to find out that this may be a bad place to order from as I was going to get a manifold and carbs from him. I just got swindled out of three hundred bucks on another carberator deal from someone else and don't need more brain damage. I am becoming more inclinded to steer clear of questionable people because it usually comes back to get you and I see a red flag here.

23. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Naw, he's not trying to screw anyone. The intake I got from him that had bondo (no kidding BONDO!) in it was a mistake. Just like how I got back 3 small or no logo 97's with holes patched in them instead of the 3 mint big logo 97's I sent in. Hellva nice guy! So nice infact that he's the only guy I'll openly bash on a world wide forum.

24. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

EXACTLY..thats what that shit was in my carbs!! that mofo sold me a carb with a hole in it patched with bondo..REALLY...you have to sell crap like this to people who are in the same hobby as he is? when customer service is at an all time low and people scam others in this hobby,he has to add to the numbers!..What a fucking disgrace!

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Any of us who have been in business knows things happen and sometimes you screw up, it just happens. However, what separates a good company from a not so good one is how they handle the problem and how many problems happen in the first place.

One man posts that he is a friend of Charlie and that he knows him to be a good guy. My experiences have been ok too, but like I said, I pick up stuff off his table at TR, pay him, and walk away with it in my hands. Where Charlie seems to be a bad businessman is not telling people the truth (telling them something was shipped when it wasn't even made yet, for example) and building things like carbs with bondo in them.

I'm sure there are people who think Bernie Madoff is a hell of a guy, but a disproportionate number have not had that same experience with him. Charlie will never change his spots, he has gotten away with it too many years, and he lets his wife get too involved with her great customer service skills. :rolleyes:

Don

26. So I placed an order online about 10 days ago, it didnt go through because I didnt link my Pay Pal card to my bank account. My fault. So I decided to call in my order and spoke to a lady (maybe the wife?) I dont know, but she was nice. So the next day I saw a double charge pending on my online bank statement. I called and the same lady answered. HO-LEE-COW did the she not only get mega defensive when I asked if maybe she double charged me, she was freakin' rude, rude, rude! So she tells me she is going to cancel the order because she feels like she was getting skrewed.......not to play the military card, but these are the type of people I defend! Oh well, No harm, no foul.....i wont be doing business with them. Just my experience......

27. -Brent-

-Brent-

Need Stromberg work, contact Uncle Max. He's awesome.

28. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

People treat you the way you teach them. :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Sounds like Mrs. Vintage Speed may be the problem. You know.........'alpha female'.
    Sounds like Charlie's just doing what he's told.

30. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

This has been beat to death for years. We took great joy in beating up on Floyd Cotterpin. Unfortunately he died. Charlie and wife have also been great entertainment.
    If you are in the HAMB and don't know these guys it's your bust. The search button is your friend.........